Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

what are you talking about. there's a very simple way to stop it: require 36 points in any one tech tree (distributed however the player wishes) in order to queue for any rated match. very simple. ridiculously simple. they already locked trees once WZ begins anyway. and the whole point of that is to maintain roles in arenas. they've already tried to do this with the no respecing thing.

That is literally exactly what I just said...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

593 pages for nothing... No one from Bioware, even mods. :D

Why would they respond, its just whining. PVPers are a minority in this game, and the people who either dont or wont premade AND have a problem with their existence are a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase.

Sack up, make friends, premade yourself, or get good enough to not require them to win.

Cashogy, I wasn't whining. I said I was happy with the current system and I love solo ranked Q even though all I have is partisan gear on most of my chars.

My other point still stands though people. If you enjoy very frequent pugstomping (not just occasional drunken fun) then 99% of the time you are either not very good and need to be carried and/or you are not happy with your life.

I have pvp'd for many years and even led a pvp guild so I know from experience that this is the case.

Hell, I was even that way a long time ago. Back when I was poor and barely paying my rent in school I loved to beat on weaker groups in Halo Trial with my T1 connected clan in our computer lab. However, once I was out of school and when I finally got my first six fig job I no longer enjoyed beating weaker groups. Sure my one case doesn't mean it is like that for everyone but from my pvp experiences with others I know that most of the time it is this way.

Deny it if you want but deep down many of you know I am correct.

Is your arm sore?

Also, if you see a geared premade spamming regular Q's then you know that most likely they are bad players and/or have no lives. Now that ranked is 4v4 they don't have the 8man excuse. So they either want easy pugstomping (no lives and/or drunk) or they know they can't compete in ranked. With the new weekly then just laugh at them and have fun trying to carry your 25k'r pug.

You sound like a baddy

Edited by cashogy_reborn

I pug all the time.

Instead of being bad and finding an excuse for your lack of skill, try and improve as a player and carry the team.

People need to realize they aren't as good as they think.

Same. Queuing solo helps you get better, you cant rely on any of your teamates to make up for your shortcomings.

Why would they respond, its just whining. PVPers are a minority in this game, and the people who either dont or wont premade AND have a problem with their existence are a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase..

I guess if their objective is to continue to drive player's away from the game, or to ensure that the game is only fun for the smallest number of player's possible, that they should not reply. However, if they want to save the game, then they should listen to us and respond, and they should work to improve things so that as many people as possible enjoy the game. Any more questions?

I guess if their objective is to continue to drive player's away from the game, or to ensure that the game is only fun for the smallest number of player's possible, that they should not reply. However, if they want to save the game, then they should listen to us and respond, and they should work to improve things so that as many people as possible enjoy the game. Any more questions?

Why would they listen to people who don't know anything about the game?

If they don't want to drive players away from the game they shouldn't have:

1. Rushed the engine

2. Delayed season 1 for as long as they did

3. Delayed a serious balancing go over as long as they did

4. Taken out ranked 8v8

5. Allowed bugs like the lost global cooldown one to last as long as it has

6. Re-broken bugs (Stacking relics) while introducing game breaking new ones (shielding relic)

These are each and every one a larger reason people are distancing themselves from this game than the issue of premades in warzones.

Almost 6000 posts in this thread. Wow. For an issue that can be resolved solely through the actions of the player this sure is a big QQ.

Anyways I just wanted to make some kind of contribution to the 6000 posts thread. You may all carry on about whether or not playing with other people in an MMO is good or bad.

Lol Cash. Think I am a baddy if you want. I have crap gear now and I still top the charts almost every match in dmg and/or prot or healing on all 8 of my chars (doesn't mean much but just saying I'm not a baddy doesn't mean much either).

I am very casual now and so I pretty much only pug my 15-30 matches a week. I premaded the first 5-6 months from release but without premade matching I found pugstomping very boring and I started mainly pugging. I have been widely considered the best in a couple games that I have played rather hardcore and so while you won't believe anything I say I still know I am not a baddy.

I just made the point because I find it rather sad to see the same teams attempting to pugstomp over and over again especially when they can easily do ranked. Given that I don't play much anymore idc whether I fight premades or not and I often enjoy it as fighting better teams does make you a better player.

BTW, since you consider yourself good and I know you premade a lot then I guess you fall into the not happy with your life category. It is ok though because I need people to wash my nice cars.

Lol Cash. Think I am a baddy if you want. I have crap gear now and I still top the charts almost every match in dmg and/or prot or healing on all 8 of my chars (doesn't mean much but just saying I'm not a baddy doesn't mean much either).

I am very casual now and so I pretty much only pug my 15-30 matches a week. I premaded the first 5-6 months from release but without premade matching I found pugstomping very boring and I started mainly pugging. I have been widely considered the best in a couple games that I have played rather hardcore and so while you won't believe anything I say I still know I am not a baddy.

I just made the point because I find it rather sad to see the same teams attempting to pugstomp over and over again especially when they can easily do ranked. Given that I don't play much anymore idc whether I fight premades or not and I often enjoy it as fighting better teams does make you a better player.

BTW, since you consider yourself good and I know you premade a lot then I guess you fall into the not happy with your life category. It is ok though because I need people to wash my nice cars.

Nvm not worth my time. Enjoy your nice life

Edited by cashogy_reborn

How tf comes, that after one year and 6k posts debating this, some people still don't understand that constructing a competing game on rules that make possible gross imbalance between the competing teams is bad game making? Pure and simple. Allowing for imbalance to exist will create the willingness for players to replicate and exploit the said imbalance.

MMO make friends, queue frequency etc are all BS arguments. People will mainly chose the least resistance path to meet their goal (gearing up I would assume). Look at the ranked arena, 4-5 premade (if that) arenas, 15-20 ranked PuG. Why is that? Anyone?

Disclaimer. There are players that enjoy pre-made PvP and queue in ranked arena as a group or used to queue for ranked 8vs8 WZs looking for stiff competition. This post is not about you, you are true competitors and I wish you victories and fun.

OMG how are these threads still running? Complainers, this is an MMO! People want to play together and not always want the stress of high end PvP which is quit challenging. Shut up already. If me and a buddy want to group up go pound sand. Then another guildy messages us to join, now we are 3, go pound some more sand. Make some friends and play with them. I solo que and do fine. I play with my guild mates and have even more fun because we are laughing and joking around. This is not killing PvP. It is actually making it more enjoyable for MOST people.

I don't know about biowares data backing this info up, but my data backs it up...

Last night the team I joined refused to get off the first node they managed to take as soon as they realized we were up against a 6 man premade...I argued but they said it wasn't worth the effort to go out and fight...they would be dead too much and get almost no medal/coms...I went out without them, got killed 6 times then came back and sat at the node....

tonight, pvp was going decent with wins and losses...then we hit a premade and the ques went form 5-10min wait to still waiting for over an hour....when I finally got a que, it was against the same premade and we got rolled...no ques for 2 hours after that so I logged... premades defiantly affect ques oh high and mighty PVP lord.

Edited by VLAHD

Well you can

A. Continue to, what would seem, solo que exclusively

B. (And this is a novel idea) play with friends

C. Quit

I mean it isn't changing. There is 0 chance of it. Keep posting in hear how much you hate it but it ain't changing. Hell what server are all you cry babies on? Transfer to mine, you can join my guild, run with us, and finally shut up. It's a free invite.

Edited by GregAlia

They gave you a solo queue. If you dont want to face premades, go use the solo queue:

Which is an utterly stupid argument, as you're implying that 8v8 should only be for the premades, seeing as PUGS now have "their queue".

A balanced Huttball would be wonderful to enter for a PUG. Current broken system does not allow that.

don't know about biowares data backing this info up, but my data backs it up...

Last night the team I joined refused to get off the first node they managed to take as soon as they realized we were up against a 6 man premade...I argued but they said it wasn't worth the effort to go out and fight...they would be dead too much and get almost no medal/coms...I went out without them, got killed 6 times then came back and sat at the node....

premades didn't ruin that warzone. pugs did.

Edited by Arlanon

If only people knew how bad some premades were. Being in a group for PvP doesn't grant anyone godmode.

I always PUG. Always. And I often get into an 8x8 where 4 of my teammates are all from one guild, and are probably on voice chat because I don't ever see them type except the occasional inc call. And, believe me, some of them suuuuuuuuuuuuck. A lot of them, in fact.

Just as often, I get into a group playing against a team that has 4, 6 or 8 guildies on it, and we beat them through understanding how to properly divide and conquer.

I hate to say it, but it really is a L2P situation. When your team can get its act together, no matter who is on it, you have a good chance of winning. When it can't, you're going to lose, no matter who is on your team OR the other team.

Which is an utterly stupid argument, as you're implying that 8v8 should only be for the premades, seeing as PUGS now have "their queue".

A balanced Huttball would be wonderful to enter for a PUG. Current broken system does not allow that.

Pug huttball is the worst.