Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

^ exactly.

How calls guys, who use non-game software which provide for them significant advantage over other players in pvp?

Hackers. Cheaters. Exploiters. :mad:

Premaders used software voice-teamspeak, which make HUGE advantage in objective-based game.

Honest solo-queue players dont want play versus cheaters and exploiters.

Honest solo-queue players want playing fair game, only with/versus other honest solo players.

Lets cheaters and exploiters from premades who used non-game software for their advantage in game plays each other, and all their cheat advantage will be annihilate in this case. :o

*Waits patiently for one of the reasonable, sensible PuG'ers to police their own.*

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ exactly.

How calls guys, who use non-game software which provide for them significant advantage over other players in pvp?

Hackers. Cheaters. Exploiters. :mad:

Premaders used software voice-teamspeak, which make HUGE advantage in objective-based game.

Honest solo-queue players dont want play versus cheaters and exploiters.

Honest solo-queue players want playing fair game, only with/versus other honest solo players.

Lets cheaters and exploiters from premades who used non-game software for their advantage in game plays each other, and all their cheat advantage will be annihilate in this case. :o

::blinks::

On that note I think it's time for this thread to end before anyone else reads themselves retarded.

Edited by DimeStax

*Waits patiently for one of the reasonable, sensible PuG'ers to police their own.*

I'm still trying to use google translate to figure out what he said.

I just want to give a quick reponse to your "I'm done being nice, suffer the wrath of my intellect!" post a few pages back.

Group players who would choose to stick with their premades instead of solo queue are EXCLUDING THEMSELVES from the solo queue, the game isn't doing it. You equate "If I can't do this my way, I won't do it at all" with "You must follow the rules if you want to do this, but anyone who follows the rules is welcome".

I know people keep saying "it's not about the game being fun...", but that is EXACTLY what it is about. Do you think people are quitting because the game is really fun, but they just want to take up sumo wrestling instead? Of course not. They quit because they would rather do something more enjoyable in their free time. For pvp players, going 1-9 in an evening and facing the same premade 7 times is not fun at all.

If BW doesn't want this game to continue shrinking, they will find a way to make pvp fun for everyone, not just the people in premades.

I love this guy. Not quite the way I would have phrased it, but he has undeniable panache.

Yeah I love most of TonyDragonflame's posts, actually. Some of them crack me up, some of them are too dead-on for words, I have both enjoyed and been like "hell yes".

I stomped on everything from level 40-54 in PvP, and then I hit the brick wall that was the 55 Bracket, on the Imperial side. On ToFN server... Oh God.

Nothing can prepare you for the level of facerolling you will receive.

Edited by Monkfishysnow

I just want to give a quick reponse to your "I'm done being nice, suffer the wrath of my intellect!" post a few pages back.

Group players who would choose to stick with their premades instead of solo queue are EXCLUDING THEMSELVES from the solo queue, the game isn't doing it. You equate "If I can't do this my way, I won't do it at all" with "You must follow the rules if you want to do this, but anyone who follows the rules is welcome".

I know people keep saying "it's not about the game being fun...", but that is EXACTLY what it is about. Do you think people are quitting because the game is really fun, but they just want to take up sumo wrestling instead? Of course not. They quit because they would rather do something more enjoyable in their free time. For pvp players, going 1-9 in an evening and facing the same premade 7 times is not fun at all.

If BW doesn't want this game to continue shrinking, they will find a way to make pvp fun for everyone, not just the people in premades.

1. How is the bolded part any different from what we have now only different rules than what you want apply?

2a. Why do you assume the people quitting are a significant % of pvpers, generally the people i've known who took pvp at all seriously sought others to do it with. Usually because humans are at root social creatures and like to do things they enjoy with people they enjoy being around.

2b. Why do you assume PVPers are a particularly large % of the total playerbase. Seems to me there are a lot more people who derp about low to mid levels playing pretty dolly dressup with their toons than there are dedicated pvpers. Given the general content of the updates evidence seems to suggest this at least.

2b. Why do you assume PVPers are a particularly large % of the total playerbase. Seems to me there are a lot more people who derp about low to mid levels playing pretty dolly dressup with their toons than there are dedicated pvpers. Given the general content of the updates evidence seems to suggest this at least.

- Level 55, possibly F2P, PVPer does nothing to further line up BW's pockets.

- Maybe, just maybe, they keep throwing wagons of dolly dressup material because those DO further line up BW's pockets. Plus, the hugest complaint you'll ever heard from barbies is how their epic Ninja-Jedi set has 3 misplaced pixels. That's unlike PvPers, who need continuous and expensive rebalancing, terrain fixes and so on.

I gotta agree with the OP on this. Im pvping currently and cant even finish a weekly due to premades. The game needs to separate premades and pugs, I have no incentive to continue pvping (or play this game) anymore. Its just constant losses, back to back. Tiresome really.

Okay I got to be honest... I laughed at both those lines. Good one.

I'm not going to re-explain the difference between the game allowing multiple "play-styles" to play but favoring one by design, vs. the game excluding a play-style by design (from the majority population).

I'm just going to say we are in agreement of the sentence quoted.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

I gotta agree with the OP on this. Im pvping currently and cant even finish a weekly due to premades. The game needs to separate premades and pugs, I have no incentive to continue pvping (or play this game) anymore. Its just constant losses, back to back. Tiresome really.

This is pretty much how I feel too. Waste my time, premades, let these premades waste my money, Bioware, I am so frickin thrilled to be your customer at 12AM on Thursday morning, stuck in a nonstop cycle of one sided battles that premades can't live without pugfarming, but I could pretty much leave this game and not miss them or the buggy as hell crappy game engine either.

Oh look another one. Get bent.

Edited by Comfterbilly

This is pretty much how I feel too. Waste my time, premades, let these premades waste my money, Bioware, I am so frickin thrilled to be your customer at 12AM on Thursday morning, stuck in a nonstop cycle of one sided battles that premades can't live without pugfarming, but I could pretty much leave this game and not miss them or the buggy as hell crappy game engine either.

Oh look another one. Get bent.

if the game makes you that angry, why *dont* you leave? im not being inflammatory, just curious. you clearly have a lot of problems with the game

if the game makes you that angry, why *dont* you leave? im not being inflammatory, just curious. you clearly have a lot of problems with the game

I play because my friend plays and its the only place I get to see him. Really I think the whole game, not just PVP, is FUBAR beyond repair, I mean its just a constant stream of glitches, bugs and programming errors. Their targeting system works if you work around it but I can think of at least a dozen problems with it losing target ability because the camera is on a different side of the energy door, just for the sake of their completely buggy LOS system, I mean I work around it but its constantly pissing me off, and unlike every other game, I get constant keyboard ghosting. I'm tired of buying expensive toys for a game I (at this point) practically hate.

ESO comes out, I think I'm buying two copies as a bribe to my pal and my ticket out of here.

I play because my friend plays and its the only place I get to see him. Really I think the whole game, not just PVP, is FUBAR beyond repair, I mean its just a constant stream of glitches, bugs and programming errors. Their targeting system works if you work around it but I can think of at least a dozen problems with it losing target ability because the camera is on a different side of the energy door, just for the sake of their completely buggy LOS system, I mean I work around it but its constantly pissing me off, and unlike every other game, I get constant keyboard ghosting. I'm tired of buying expensive toys for a game I (at this point) practically hate.

ESO comes out, I think I'm buying two copies as a bribe to my pal and my ticket out of here.

lol cant disagree with that.

it may just kill some bioware employees to release a patch that doesnt include 5 new game breaking bugs

lol cant disagree with that.

it may just kill some bioware employees to release a patch that doesnt include 5 new game breaking bugs

True lol. The force leap/intercede bug has been a lot of fun now that I've been playing my main a bit. One thing I can say about being in a premade is it helps smooth over these glaring structural problems.

Edited by Comfterbilly

True lol. The force leap/intercede bug has been a lot of fun now that I've been playing my main a bit. One thing I can say about being in a premade is it helps smooth over these glaring structural problems.

yeah im surprised that bug hasnt been fixed yet. its kind of a big deal. i saw footage of a rwz where a guardian failed 4 times in a row to use his intercede to a friendly to score. was bad

Okay I got to be honest... I laughed at both those lines. Good one.

I'm not going to re-explain the difference between the game allowing multiple "play-styles" to play but favoring one by design, vs. the game excluding a play-style by design (from the majority population).

I'm just going to say we are in agreement of the sentence quoted.

Didn't you see that episode of South Park? .....

He said, "Eventually everyone will just get frustrated and stop playing. This may very well destroy the WORLD... of Warcraft".

Out of context a bit I know, but it still applies. Eventually your casual playerbase will just get frustrated and stop playing. They've demonstrated that already (Hello F2P).

This is bad business. Bioware knows it, and no matter how anyone tries to defend it, the root of the problem is competitive players are lumped in with the general population. Split queues, matchmaking.. it doesn't matter. What matters is that it is addressed. In the short term, split queues ARE the answer but they aren't sustainable. Inevitably the competitive population will get frustrated that someone urinated in their sandbox, so matchmaking MUST be implemented or you will see what amounts to the end of Star Wars MMOs.

Just to give you an example of how wonky and wompyjawed the system is currently:

I logged in and solo queued. I landed in a huttball match with two competitive premades. When reminded them openly that Ranked queues DO work, and it IS possible to queue for them, the reply was, "It's easier comms for gearing alts". And you all say that casuals are "lazy". Yeah, those Pot5 Imperial Ranked teams are such hard workers... you shouldn't deny them ANYTHING.

Another, slightly different example:

After the aforementioned fiasco, I chose to form a premade of my own. I'll be damned if my team is going to be farmed so you can get "easier comms". What happens? 8 matches in a row, and my opponents are solo-queuers. I queued with a group specifically to face the premades that were farming... and instead I was made party to the steamroll fest which we all hate. It's not as if they weren't still queueing, of this I am certain.

Whew... now that's over.

My point is that you (meaning... not specifically you) cannot possibly think the behaviors and scenarios listed above are acceptable...

Edited by maverickmatt

4190 replies to this thread and not ONE Dev response?

No matter what side you land in this you have to admit a response would be nice.

here, let me put on my dev hat:

Hi guys,

While we cant comment right now on any future changes to the matchmaking or grouping system for Warzones, I can tell you something is coming down the pipe in 2.4 that will probably make a lot of you very happy.

However, we will not be restricting groups in the Regular Warzone queue. This game is built around playing with multiple people, and discouraging grouping in anyway is not a path we want to go down.

^what a dev would say

Yesterday I had the "fun" to experience the new arrivals on ToFN: even in regular WZs, constant premade after premade, mostly imp side.

It was not fun, they ALL play stupidly FOTM classes and BiS gear, it's like playing with or against level 75 people.

When I landed with a premade we'd win 6-0 and even 3-0 (yesterday a whole imp team quit at 3-0 after seeing how impossibly hard we were farming them in Huttball) yet it was not fun, not challenging.

When I l landed against single and even dual premades it was the contrary. Me in close to full augmented Conqueror would die before Resolve bar even started moving up. I estimate a time to live of 3-4 seconds tops, for full Conqueror non FOTM class.

Is this how regular WZs are meant to be?

No, because the unexistant team matching promotes constant level up gear randoms with 25k health vs 4 and 8 men full augmented Conqueror premades.

They were so determined implementing the irritating bolster but did not care to actually evenly match the opponents. Bolster is useless when facing voice comm teams playing FOTM classes and specs.

When I l landed against single and even dual premades it was the contrary. Me in close to full augmented Conqueror would die before Resolve bar even started moving up. I estimate a time to live of 3-4 seconds tops, for full Conqueror non FOTM class.

I'm starting to think EA doesn't want to tell BW that they're never going to go ahead on cross server and in revenge BW is never going to tell EA there's a huge PVP morale problem that they indignantly refuse to respond to and we're just dealing with a company consisting of devs getting payed to play their own video game saying to hell with everyone else.

^what a dev would say...game is built around playing with multiple people.

Except the game is not built around playing with multiple people. It's built around playing solo. One can solo very comfortably all the way to 55. All the class stories are solo stories. There are a few grouping options, but grouping is never necessary, never part of the story arcs.

Edited by MotorCityMan

However, we will not be restricting groups in the Regular Warzone queue. This game is built around playing with multiple people, and discouraging grouping in anyway is not a path we want to go down.

You forgot to add: "THAT'S why we put a 'queue for warzone SOLO' button on the user interface!" :rolleyes:

Edited by Sharee

Yesterday I had the "fun" to experience the new arrivals on ToFN: even in regular WZs, constant premade after premade, mostly imp side.

It was not fun, they ALL play stupidly FOTM classes and BiS gear, it's like playing with or against level 75 people.

When I landed with a premade we'd win 6-0 and even 3-0 (yesterday a whole imp team quit at 3-0 after seeing how impossibly hard we were farming them in Huttball) yet it was not fun, not challenging.

No, because the unexistant team matching promotes constant level up gear randoms with 25k health vs 4 and 8 men full augmented Conqueror premades.

They were so determined implementing the irritating bolster but did not care to actually evenly match the opponents. Bolster is useless when facing voice comm teams playing FOTM classes and specs.

Better matchmaking would be better.

But I have to say if I solo queue and I meet a team that has players that know what they are doing, against my team that does not - I expect to lose. I don't see it as particularly that much of a big deal at all. Simply because I can do exactly the same and choose to queue with a healer at least, or a tank and another dps. I fail to see how that is wrong when everyone else has exactly the same tools/opportunities at their disposal as I have.

I respect your opinion's but if I am honest I have just grown tired of a section of the community that seem to think the game should just be dumbed down so they can have an easier time - this is why we have bolster, and this is why end game pvp is a mess right now. I don't agree with impeding people who do enjoy playing pvp this way, or punishing them for doing well at the game or grouping with their guildmates. That is my honest opinion.

I solo queue as much as I group queue and sure I win more matches when I group queue, but I still enjoy the game all the same and I accept it for what it is. Random is random, but if you bring 3 other people with you, you improve your chances, although of course you might get a double premade against your 4, or another premade.

The real solution is better matchmaking and cross-server queues, restricting groups from unranked warzones (they are not called warzones for noobies) is not an idea I will ever support, simply because the whole point of pvp is to play it in a group. You can't learn to do that jumping into a ranked game.

Better match-making. You have my whole hearted support.