Official F2P Announcement

Quinnt

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my favorite part of all of this is.... NEW WARZONE AND SPACE MISSIONS!!! :)

F2P? What? Who cares?

As long as they meet these requirements, I'll continue to subscribe:

1. NO gambling lock boxes.

2. NO content that you have to PAY for if you are a subscriber.

3. NO items that give you an advantage in the game that you can just buy for cartel coins.

4. A continuing stream of new content being released.

Does this mean all those cool armors and weapons and such that were removed during beta will show up in the Cartel Shop?

Oh maybe I can get the [TOTALLY NOT ASSASSINS CREED] Armor for Operatives?

If anyone (free or otherwise) causes trouble they can be banned and unless they have a new IP address they cannot create a new account. People can cause trouble whether they are subscribers or free. People are people.

funny...i dont see this kind of people in the game RIGHT NOW, i wonder why that is?

you are delusional if you think its going to be even remotley the same..

Problem is...once you reach 50 the game pulls the old switch-a-roo!

How many casual players going to hop on that gear treadmill after playing through a pretty enjoyable leveling experience?

They better be releasing more content...but we know how that goes. After 1.2 they said they would release monthly contents...so yeah...

No p2w on there.......yet. LOTRO was the same way, it crept in.

Though I do see consumables listed, that was the wedge in the door at LOTRO, heal and power potions that did not share a cooldown with the ones obtained in game and which had an added heal over time effect not available on potions obtained in game. And all in one debuff removal potions whereas all in game obtained ones were debuff specific and on shared cooldown.

Now, LOTRO store sells legendary weapon/item legacies. Don't like your legendary's abilities, we have what you need on the store. Want to increase the power and max level of your legendary, now available on store.

It was gradual but it got there over time and it will here too, money to be made.

And funny thing, I do not hate LOTRO, I still play it and have more fun at max level with more to do at max level than I do here. It has lots to do outside of group content at max level.

I hope they go through a 38 Studios. I want to see them lose everything, they deserve it with all their unethical morally bankrupt actions

I agree. Is there a doctor in the house to pronounce this game dead?

Considering though that this is Biowares year of FAIL...are we all really surprised?

It's like the 2012 Prediction came true years early for them...first they made Dragon Age 2....nuff said.

Then came SWTOR who was kicked out the front door like some knocked up 15 year old...nowhere near ready for the real world.

Well I have and have reported some.

then multiply that by a 500 factor, and keep in mind that they FIRED half the staff (whos gonna answer all those pretty tickets then? ) if anything , reporting will have even less of an impact on these kinds of people when theres MORE of them and LESS people to take care of it...get it? you can sugarcoat it anyways you like, fact is , we WILL get unsavory people at an exponential rate, you thnk theres haters and trolls here now? you have no idea....

Nice, now we have to pay extra to buy more WoW looking gear for our characters.

How about we finally get star wars pve gear for characters especially sith side. Pve gear is plain terrible. I will not use microtransaction if gear still looks like current gear. I want to be able to wear pvp looking type gear for pve for characters or something nice like it. So add that in game and I be happy since CE vendor and VIP were failures with nothing in them.

I better get something for my money to keep subscription. CE edition was total garbage with no ingame custominzation for gear like they stated. The vendors were fake in game. What are these new coins we get in game for be subbed? Perks cost a freaking fortunate and we get terrible looking gear from Operations. How about having the option of changing colors or using pve mods in our pvp crafted gear? I like pvp gear way better than pve.

Edited by DarthJopeous

Well, If they stay away from P2W crap it might work.

But the second they cross over to P2W this game instantly becomes the worst mmo on the market.

Guess what they won't. They have to make money somehow. And if Subs aren't doing it, it's going to be in the form of items in a store that you can buy.

I'm happy and shall continue to sub - if this is implemented right, it means bigger and better things for SWTOR moving forwards.

What would make me ecstatic is if they implemented F2P servers and mixed servers (as well as keeping sub servers). My girlfriends was telling me that's what they do in RuneScape and a few other MMOs.

then multiply that by a 500 factor, and keep in mind that they FIRED half the staff (whos gonna answer all those pretty tickets then? ) if anything , reporting will have even less of an impact on these kinds of people when theres MORE of them and LESS people to take care of it...get it? you can sugarcoat it anyways you like, fact is , we WILL get unsavory people at an exponential rate, you thnk theres haters and trolls here now? you have no idea....

And you can keep looking at the negative or you can wait and see how things are implemented first. As I'm said i'm leary of the the f2p model but I willing to withhold judgment until it is implemented.

No p2w on there.......yet. LOTRO was the same way, it crept in.

Though I do see consumables listed, that was the wedge in the door at LOTRO, heal and power potions that did not share a cooldown with the ones obtained in game and which had an added heal over time effect not available on potions obtained in game. And all in one debuff removal potions whereas all in game obtained ones were debuff specific and on shared cooldown.

Now, LOTRO store sells legendary weapon/item legacies. Don't like your legendary's abilities, we have what you need on the store. Want to increase the power and max level of your legendary, now available on store.

It was gradual but it got there over time and it will here too, money to be made.

And funny thing, I do not hate LOTRO, I still play it and have more fun at max level with more to do at max level than I do here. It has lots to do outside of group content at max level.

You are dead on. I have lifetime in Lotro so i can check time to time what is going on there. All the changes after it went F2P started gradually. EA knows how to make money from their investment as much as possible. Im pretty sure Bioware will develope cash shops bit by bit with gear and items eventually. Its only matter of time.

I said within 12-18 months. Failed faster then i thought. I am a paying subscriber and do enjoy 50% of the aspect of this game. I would have left already but the wife loves it and we spend some time here. At least now with the influx of all the free kiddies that will destroy the server community my wife will want to leave this game now.

You know, that 'destroy the server community' was trotted out over on the CoX boards when they were rolling out the hybrid model, and it didn't hold water then either. Community is doing just fine; having more people available to work with has done nothing but improve it.

Seriously. You want a model of how this move will change the game? Just look over at CoX. They method they're using is almost identical, and the hybrid model over there has done nothing except good for the game.

What I don't get is how a company can lay-off/fire/let-go so many of the people working on the game, go F2P, and somehow put out MORE content and updates? It doesn't add up.

Having played about 3 different f2p games and witnessed the shoddy workmanship and riff-raff for players that comprise them, I suppose you certainly get what you pay for.

That is what I'm worried about too. We've been promised content for 2-3 months now, some of it from even before 1.2. STO did the same thing. They promised and promised and then went F2P and some of that promised stuff still isn't out, but there's a brand new tier of P2W ships to buy every other week.

Guess what they won't. They have to make money somehow. And if Subs aren't doing it, it's going to be in the form of items in a store that you can buy.

Adding vanity items in the form of Pets, Mounts, Empty Moddable Armors/Weapons, Titles, Recoloring kits. Plenty of things they can sell that don't disrupt pve/pvp content in any way shape or form.

Heck If bioware wants to hire me to give them Ideas I will work for them for the low low price of putting a plaque with my name on it or an Item named after me. I mean I'm not doing anything with all these ideas.

Congrats. i was going to go another 6 months sub. just cancelled it and will at most take a month or 2 to check out this new system before I leave the game.

Cash shop is just fail and to make me bleed money and time.

Congrats. i was going to go another 6 months sub. just cancelled it and will at most take a month or 2 to check out this new system before I leave the game.

Cash shop is just fail and to make me bleed money and time.

you have read nothing but the thread title, peasent.

• Dev Post
What happens if you resubscribe for a month?

If you resubscribe after being a free player for a while, you'll regain access to content you lost access to as a free player. However, if you transition back to being a free player at any time, you will have free player restrictions placed back on your account.