ea conference call figures july 31st

Gaxar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew they were still over 1 mill subs. I knew it all along. The haters will try anything to make this game fail. This game isn't going anywhere.

The more BioWare goes on with it, the better it just gets.

Source for still over a million subs?

They want to know so numbers can dictate whether they are enjoying the game or not. High numbers, they are having a good time. Low numbers, they'll hate it and have an excuse to leave.

Alternatively, I could just be a paying subscriber enjoying what I am paying for who is curious about the future of the product?

I'm looking forward to see what the numbers are for the game. Either way it won't change how I feel about this game, but it's always nice to be prepared for the **** storm that is about to come.

If anything is falsified I blame EA, not Bioware. Bioware is a great company with their hands tied by EA;

Bioware is not to fault for anythying. It's the guys with the big $$$ holding the leash that yank their chain.

Bioware is great. EA = suckville.

From the desk of EA's Corporate information:

http://investors.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=696785

The new Chief Financial Officer at EA comes from Levi Strauss. LOL. A clothing industry background is exactly what EA needs to run their Video Game Industry-based company. At least we rest assured that the dress environment will be more denim-casual. I hope that he can bring some fresh ideas.

With regards to their Investor Call - it is to be held at 2 PM Pacific.

1. For those that have trouble understanding Fiscal Calendars and why this, today's call, is about Q1 2013, it refers to the Fiscal Financial Calendar for EA. Which is of course not one that follows the natural calendar. Look it up online so that you understand what that means. Sadly, EA closed the financial year for 2012 already, I'm very eager to know what the plans are for the future of SWTOR.

2. The claim of the exorbitant number of subs comes from the data of May 2012, which probably still includes the people who very naively subscribed for 6 months for the game, even if they have stopped playing. They still paid, and that is the only thing that investors care about. Investors do not care whether or not the people that subscribed are playing or not, just if they paid. They will care, however, whether the numbers are sustainable and what the longevity of the subscriptions is. If the longevity is not there, then other means of revenue must be provided, be it in the form of additional paid services, micro-transactions, more licenses, other fees. This is not uncommon in the MMO or gaming industry in general.

Edited by Yokomohoyos

Well, when you see that it's still holding good around 1 mill or above. Then you will know :)

I'm gonna remember this comment when they release the sub numbers. Even though they will include the 6 month subs, I'm sure they will be under a million. By how much? Who knows, but I'm sure they will be. Though they could pull some underhanded "active accounts", and include free trials.

I'm looking forward to see what the numbers are for the game. Either way it won't change how I feel about this game, but it's always nice to be prepared for the **** storm that is about to come.

Likewise. I've enjoyed my time so far, but I'm already expecting a **** storm. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. But even my best is pretty pessimistic, and realistic. Especially if their numbers have dropped even more than 400,000, which would put them below 900k. Yeah, I expect a *****torm in general discussion...

If anything is falsified I blame EA, not Bioware. Bioware is a great company with their hands tied by EA;

Bioware is not to fault for anythying. It's the guys with the big $$$ holding the leash that yank their chain.

Bioware is great. EA = suckville.

I agree. BioWare can only do what EA will allow and they have to follow by EA's rules. BioWare can only do so much. I cried a little bit when EA bought BioWare because I knew what was going to happen.

They want to know so numbers can dictate whether they are enjoying the game or not. High numbers, they are having a good time. Low numbers, they'll hate it and have an excuse to leave.

Funny because this is true.

Lemmings.. lobotomized to boot

I will make the cal right now and I'm the biggest freaking fanboy there is.. Subs are around 600k-750k. They are very lucky as they can still count the 6 month subs of people that are leaving or have left.

I will playing SWTOR for a long time and think we will have the game we all want in 12-18 months but Thats because I have gotten older and just don't want to invest time in another MMO as well.

Galvatron

I will make the cal right now and I'm the biggest freaking fanboy there is.. Subs are around 600k-750k. They are very lucky as they can still count the 6 month subs of people that are leaving or have left.

I will playing SWTOR for a long time and think we will have the game we all want in 12-18 months but Thats because I have gotten older and just don't want to invest time in another MMO as well.

Galvatron

Well spoken (written).

I fear you are wrong, but hope you are right.

They want to know so they can anticipate if the shareholders will panic, which will likely lead to less funding, slower content and move towards free to play and micro transactions.

People need to stop with the whole extreme ends of either fan boy head in the sand, or doom game is dying.

Some of us just want to see what direction the future of the game is going.

I agree. BioWare can only do what EA will allow and they have to follow by EA's rules. BioWare can only do so much. I cried a little bit when EA bought BioWare because I knew what was going to happen.

Don't get me wrong i'm not a big fan of EA, i think they have destroyed a lot of good companies over the years (cough cough Origin - Westwood Studios cough cough), but you can't blame EA for the founders/owners of these companies for selling out.... EA does what EA does, buy Gaming companies that have great reputations and then milk them for everything they can and toss them aside....

It's like the old fable of the frog and the scorpion, the frog gives the scorpion a ride across the lake thinking he would never sting him because they would both drown, but then the scorpion stings him halfway across the lake ... The Frog asks " why did you do that now we will both die", the scorpion replies "It's in my nature"

What can I say, it's in EA's nature to destroy gaming franchises..... And the Doc's knew that when they sold out to EA.... So who do you blame?

Edited by Monoth

They want to know so they can anticipate if the shareholders will panic, which will likely lead to less funding, slower content and move towards free to play and micro transactions.

People need to stop with the whole extreme ends of either fan boy head in the sand, or doom game is dying.

This... and I find it pretty sad that we have to try and figure this stuff out for ourselves... lack of communication, especially these past 3 weeks, is shooting themselves in the foot.

Well put good sir. We dont have the devs telling us anything, might as well take a peak behind the curtain on what we can expect from the game.

Galvatron

600-750k is my guess as well. And as you said they have 3/6 month subs still going, and with GW2 & Kung Fu Panda xpack coming out in the next couple months, I really wonder what their 2Q 2013 will look like...

You mean like WoW and every other MMO does? 10Millions subs that WoW claims is so wildly inaccurate.

Haha, very true. :)

Edit to add:

This... and I find it pretty sad that we have to try and figure this stuff out for ourselves... lack of communication, especially these past 3 weeks, is shooting themselves in the foot.

My thoughts exactly.

Edited by Katsuragisama

You mean like WoW and every other MMO does? 10Millions subs that WoW claims is so wildly inaccurate.

Simple to figure out if they're trying to cheat the numbers. If they say they have 750,000 active subscriptions, you know they're talking about paid accounts. If they say they have over 1 million active accounts, you know they're trying to cheat the numbers by joining paid and f2p accounts together.

Since the free to play accounts aren't classified as subscribers they can't be lumped in with the paid accounts under the term Subscribed users or total subscriptions. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the term active accounts in the call though, since this is Electronic Arts we're talking about, not like they have't done it before.

Mods will definitly be working overtime tonight :D

Im going with 250k actual but Bioware will announce 800k with a long explaination on why those subs that cancelled never gave the game a chance

Edited by Emeda

I believe the numbers won't look bad because none of the 6 month subs have rolled off yet. The next quarter will be the actual numbers that reflect the 6-month players that are still paid up but aren't playing or will stop in August.