Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

if its all destination servers then why is my server Corellian Run which is a destination server not on the list, i went through the list twice and did not see it if i missed it then i apologize, are you not done updating the list or are select servers such as mine just SOL?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo, what about those who've transferred already?

Hey everyone!

Just want to clear up any confusion - if your server is on the list of qualifying servers you will receive the pet and commendations even if you have already transferred those characters.

Here are the requirements to be eligible for the rewards:

1. You must have an active subscription.

2. Your character must be on a qualifying server by 11:59PM CDT July 30th, 2012 / 4:59AM GMT on July 31st, 2012.

Here is a link to the FAQ if you have any other concerns!

Thanks!

Edited by ScarletBlaze

What if we are waiting on paid transfers? I am still on an origin server waiting for paid transfers to join my other characters on a server that was NOT my destination server. Am I going to miss out on this pet because I am waiting to pay to move instead of going to the free transfer server where I have no other toons or friends?

Would really like to be able to take advantage of this as well...

I would suggest that you take the free transfer now and then consolidate when the paid transfers come in, that way you get the reward and you still get to consolidate your characters later.

BioWare wants to empty these old servers as much as possible, then they will likely come up with some way to archive dormant accounts on those low pop origin servers and force everyone else off, and then they will close down those servers, and I would guess they would do this prior to paid transfers. Take the goodies and be patient, or you are just going to be upset when you don't get them and are force transferred to the destination server you are avoid anyhow.

if its all destination servers then why is my server Corellian Run which is a destination server not on the list, i went through the list twice and did not see it if i missed it then i apologize, are you not done updating the list or are select servers such as mine just SOL?

Make sure you are looking at the right list, the first two lists are Origin servers, the Qualified servers is the third list at the bottom of the page.

Make sure you are looking at the right list, the first two lists are Origin servers, the Qualified servers is the third list at the bottom of the page.

actually i did just look at the first list of NA servers and didnt scroll any further, ill go back and check now haha. its still early :)

edit: yes its there, i aplogize :)

Edited by GooseGrims

In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service
Is it me or is this actually a direct move against Guild Wars 2? Because i know i won't have my account active at the day they do these rewards (unless 1.4 is magically patched into live servers).

• Dev Post
Thanks for the clarification. What if you are on an Origin server that for some reason is not listed as a qualifying server like Vornskr? Are you still eligible? I have just finished transferring my remaining toons and would love the reward.

Your destination server (The Harbinger) is on the qualifying list. You will receive rewards based on the destination :)

And, yes, those of you already on destination servers (those who were already there AND those who already transferred) also get the reward.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

Just call it what it is: You get this stuff for subbing next month. The rewards are being doled out more than a month after server transfers started. Just be honest why you are actually doing this. no need to hide it behind a very thinly veiled attempt at keeping subs active.

Since I pve..all of nil, I was wondering if there would be any chance of getting say a couple of hundred ranked war-zone tokens instead of the black-hole comms. I'm ashamed to say that I have only done one FP in this game so far and that is Black Talon at level like 12 back at release. I've wanted to go to the black hole, just can never get around to pushing myself to do it (NH). Edited by Kosef

I'm on Kath Hound (RP). I run a very active guild full of folks who for one reason or another preferred to stay in their destination server. Some of those reasons are:

> Our names were taken and we were unwilling to change them, as some members played early in order to take their desired name. To a casual player, this might seem "silly", but as an MMO RPer, a name is an extremely important piece of game play. An identity that transcends the in-game display.

> "The more people per server the better?" Wrong. We purposefully chose a low pop server to be able to enjoy the game without having to battle for objectives, and to feel as if our role in the storyline is richer. Some members who have created alts on our destination server felt that the merging of three servers into one creates too much of a competition for easy objectives and makes spawn time a nightmare.

> The community. To be honest, too many people all chatting it up can flood the chat, too many people means an increase in negative dis-inhibition, leading to more rude crass members being snarky in the general chats and less friendly jabber.

> We aren't interested in PVP, a few times we've gotten enough people on to trigger a guild warzone as an event, and that's enough for us. We're here for the storyline and friendship.

We've been paying members from the beginning, have had to band together in order to maintain our dying server from becoming useless. We have designated crafters for item making so the market is never dead, we have 15+ people in the chat at any point so Heroics and mission groups are easy to make, and we're all familiar with one another and never come across behavioral problems.

And we get nothing for putting up with you correcting your mistakes and sacrificing our server? We have inconvenienced ourselves just as much as people who in reality did nothing, they got lucky and were on a destination server and accepted new players to their server. We've felt the consequences of deciding that our identities we paid for were more important than dealing with the drawbacks of funneling servers together in order to "fix" things. Does that seem right?

On top of that now you're literally bribing people off their destination servers? You're dealing the final blow to these already fragile origin servers even more. Tell us that you're shutting us down then, let us have the opportunity to switch to a server of our choosing, one where we saved a backup name, have connections to the community, doesn't have a 30 minute wait time every evening. Don't bribe and pick and drag our poor server through the mud, letting us tell our members we're okay as long as we stick together while you plot ways to harass us until we're decimated. (We really don't appreciate the hourly Server Admin announcements. I think every one knows by now without literal harassment popping up across our screens every. hour. Put an end to it.). Don't take what little of a community you left us with without giving us options for down the road.

Because that's just low.

Suna:

Many of us will emphasize with your plight. However, you do realize that, before TOO long, they'll be shutting down your server, right? It's not a matter of if...it's just when.

Edited by islander

Suna:

Many of us will emphasize with your plight. However, you do realize that, before TOO long, they'll be shutting down your server, right?

if thats how bioware wants to handle this situation then thats up to them. just know that for people like me this will put an end to my ever playing games made by bioware ever again.

you may wanna say "well youre just one person you dont matter" well look at it this way. neither do you. the next time you need something from them... theyll do the same thing to you. then you can apply all your apathy to yourself.

Edited by Anathar

@Suna

Although it's easy to see that from your perspective, you have to look at it from there's too. They weren't sure whether this was going to happen, it did, and the majority of players wanted to move so they listened and responded.

It costs money to keep a server running so it must be frustrating for them to have to keep a server up if only a few players (my old one only has about 20 active left) are on it.

It's difficult to design all these things perfectly to satisfy everyone. The only way around it would have been to use instances of servers and completely unique names across all server regions, in which case you probably wouldn't have gotten those names anyway.

Edited by AelixVII

if thats how bioware wants to handle this situation then thats up to them. just know that for people like me this will put an end to my ever playing games made by bioware ever again.

you may wanna say "well youre just one person you dont matter" well look at it this way. neither do you. the next time you need something from them and they dont deliver theyll do the same thing to you. then you can apply all your apathy to yourself.

That actually wasn't what I was thinking. I can understand why you'd think I'd be trolling by my original response, but that wasn't the case. As I said, many (including myself) do emphasize with your collective dilemna.

I effectively lost my guild with the move. What was left of it after this character transfer process came 6 weeks too late. I am happy I'm on a live server again, but it wasn't without losses. I'm now gimped for several weeks more of PvP because I was completely unable to earn war hero gear on my previous server and it's standard gear here on Fatman. I won't be able to reasonably touch a ranked warzone queue for quite some time. No fault of my own.

You are no more (or less!) important then I am. I was just mentioning that it's going to happen. The servers are much too expensive to keep up for the 10-40 concurrent people still logged onto them.

Bioware's permanently lost lots of customers over this project, I suspect.