Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

Your destination server (The Harbinger) is on the qualifying list. You will receive rewards based on the destination :)

And, yes, those of you already on destination servers (those who were already there AND those who already transferred) also get the reward.

Cool beans! Thanks. And Thanks for the reward! Both will come in handy. :)

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand everyone's problem if you servers dead just transfer to a new one it is free? you get to keep your perks, and everything plus you get free stuff. What will a payed transfer get you that a free one that's being offered to you can't? i also don't understand the want for more then 8 characters per server each slot is for a different class that's how its meant to be stop complaining please. Bioware is giving us free stuff, and free transfers so why not thank them instead of saying there all idiots for reasons i don't understand.

Like many other SWTOR devotees, I transferred my characters as asked by BW to the designated server even though it is not where I want to play. So there they sit, useless to me really. I'm waiting for paid transfers to allow me to bring my entire family of characters together. No amount of junky rewards or hollow, useless ingame crap will make me and other players like me happy about our situation.

Please allow us to PAY you to bring our geared, high legacy/crewskill characters to the server we prefer, which we rerolled on months ago because our original servers were DEAD. Please quit offering us junk to try to make us happy, and take care of those players who have supported the game since beta and pre-launch. Thanks for listening.

Signed,

AVSFP (A very sad, frustrated player)

Saga (now changed to another irrelevant, meaningless name on a useless, overcrowded server.)

Indigo (" " " " " " ...)

I agree on that point alone, I just hope that those of us who TF'ed will not only get the rewards but also BW will allow for paid name changes...The dang thing changed almost every name to my avatars sadly. :(:(

Okay, I've been taking a wait and see approach to the character transfers since there were too many questions still unanswered. I'd like to know what is going to be the fate of those of us who don't decide to transfer. Will we eventually be forced to transfer since the servers are now dead? Will they eventually become destination servers as well to balance things out? I'm currently on Fa'athra which was already a light server (one of the reasons why I picked it) but now there's only, on average, about 25 people on it. PvP, which was already slow is now non-existent and getting a group for a FP is near impossible. I don't know if I should disband my guild and move to another server or not (even after the transfers we still have 340 members though most are inactive). I'd rather stay if there is a plan to get people back on the server but if there aren't any plans like that in the near future I may as well move with everyone else. Any suggestions or insights to future plans would be greatly appreciated.

People REEEEEAAAAAAAD the article. It says that if you must have a character on a qualifying server (including destination servers) and your account must be active by July 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM CDT / July 31, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT.

•Your account must not be banned.

If at this time you have met this criteria than you will see the mail from the devs with your reward.

All of the destination servers qualify for the reward. So long story short, if you have transferred, as lng as you are the server with an active account and not banned by July 30 you get the reward.

Again...Read.

Okay, I've been taking a wait and see approach to the character transfers since there were too many questions still unanswered. I'd like to know what is going to be the fate of those of us who don't decide to transfer. Will we eventually be forced to transfer since the servers are now dead? Will they eventually become destination servers as well to balance things out? I'm currently on Fa'athra which was already a light server (one of the reasons why I picked it) but now there's only, on average, about 25 people on it. PvP, which was already slow is now non-existent and getting a group for a FP is near impossible. I don't know if I should disband my guild and move to another server or not (even after the transfers we still have 340 members though most are inactive). I'd rather stay if there is a plan to get people back on the server but if there aren't any plans like that in the near future I may as well move with everyone else. Any suggestions or insights to future plans would be greatly appreciated.

To add to this, "those of us that cant transfer to the server you want us to because the two servers that we played on merged." I have all of my republic toons on Ebon Hawk, but now i cant transfer all of my empire toons from lord Adrass to Ebon Hawk due to space issues.

What of us then? my empire toons are useless on lord adraas at the moment. I really really want to transfer but you have inhibited me from doing so.

What about us on transfer to servers? Shouldn't we get some kind of reward since this service is not available to us?

Would people please read? IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOU GOT TO THE QUALIFYING SERVER. You can be born there, transfer there, whatever. IF YOUR CHARACTER IS ALIVE THERE ON JULY 31 YOU GET THE REWARD.

Not that repeating this will do any good...

Edited by Karquile

:csw_trooper: There seems to be a few servers missing from the transfer list, my son wish to transfer from “the jekk’jekk tarr” to "Dalborra" (Asia/Pacific server) and once again it is not listed.

P.S. It's ok, my question was answered with a serch, :csw_fett:

Can I transfer my character from a US-based server to an EU or Asia Pacific server?

Not at this time. The initial Character Transfer Service will only allow you to transfer characters between selected servers. Our initial choices are within each specific region including Europe, North America (East Coast) and North America (West Coast). Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

Edited by Anarchistic

This initial service is still available and allows qualifying characters to be transferred at no charge from selected origin servers to selected destination servers.

Much as I appreciate the incentive, my eight legacy unlocked characters on Vrook Lamar are unable to transfer until you open up a different server destination than Begeren Colony; therefore they are ineligible to claim the reward. Please open up secondary transfer targets ASAP. It's been very lonely questing on Vrook Lamar as you'd expect.

My eight legacy-unlocked characters on Begeren Colony however, thank you profusely.

2 things:

First of all, YES!!! THANK YOU BIOWARE!!!! It would have taken me weeks before I could have gotten that cool Black Hole Trooper Helmet, but now I will have it a lot sooner:D:D:D

Second, I like that pet, while I love all the pets in Swtor, this one looks unique and I like it, and now I will have a little hard shelled buddy to follow me around and witness my adventures.

Much as I appreciate the incentive, my eight legacy unlocked characters on Vrook Lamar are unable to transfer until you open up a different server destination than Begeren Colony; therefore they are ineligible to claim the reward. Please open up secondary transfer targets ASAP. It's been very lonely questing on Vrook Lamar as you'd expect.

My eight legacy-unlocked characters on Begeren Colony however, thank you profusely.

Similar situation, like at least hundreds of other subscribers, please give us an alternate target for transfers..:(

Similar situation, like at least hundreds of other subscribers, please give us an alternate target for transfers..:(
I highly doubt this situation affects "hundreds" of subscribers.

I also doubt they will open up alternate server destinations. What I expect them to do is increase the number character slots per server, followed by an announcement that all source servers will be closed.

Was (and still am probably) waiting on character transfer to server of my choosing. Is there going to be a lockout timer for those who have tranferred? I say this in regards to I have most of my toons on 1 server with friends now, being lucky with destination servers, but I still have a Bounty Hunter who is "forced" to go to a different server.

If there is no penalty for the transfer and when Paid tranfers get activated and I can move him to the server with the rest of my toons, I will be happy. However if it's a 3 month penalty like I've seen with others, I will be very displeased.

Thank you

I highly doubt this situation affects "hundreds" of subscribers.

I also doubt they will open up alternate server destinations. What I expect them to do is increase the number character slots per server, followed by an announcement that all source servers will be closed.

There seems to be a fair number of players affected (being one of them). It'd be far easier to offer the remaining players a transfer to an alternate server where there is no character collision. Then at least they'd be able to reallocate those now dead servers to the superserver setup faster.

The time/energy involved in adding the resources for every sub to have extra slots is definitely justified. Getting the lesser number of subs who had server/character conflicts off to another destination would probably take a fraction of that time though.

Edited by RAZIMx

Steps to save this game:

*Add more character slots.

* Add paid transfers asap.

* Allow free transfers between pve/pvp/rp servers and allow the players to consolidate their chars.

Face it Bioware - you opened way too many servers on launch day and failed hard. And thousands of players now have characters spread out over several servers, because they had to abandon thew ghost towns you created. If we could finally get our characters together on one server then I would be the first customer to pay for another 6 months.

It is a good thing then that these are a GIFT.

False.

The thread title says "Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers".

What this is, as I mentioned once earlier in the thread, is just another situation in which Bioware screws something like this up. Instead of giving everyone, I mean EVERYONE that transferred, a free 'token" redeemable for black hole comms OR warzone/ranked comms....they go and just pick PvE ones.

Although many people like me don't do PvE - unless it's leveling an alt.

Just like the free month for legacy levels, Bioware can't seem to do any type of reward like this without mucking it up somehow.

Neither item is a 'reward' of any value for me, and others as well.

I have the same trouble I had before... 3 of my servers with 6 characters each were put on the origin list (which is fine) however, they were sent to the same destination server! I would jump in a heart beat to move my characters if I could. Is there ever going to be a time when I will be able to move them off these damn dead servers?

Well, if it's not for people that have already transferred, then I'll be in luck because I have one more character that I could transfer so I'll get it regardless. :D

Anyways, I think this is pretty much a step short of forcing character transfers. Why they didn't want to do that, I'll never know. :confused:

Edited by Philmors

Good job BW, good to see you have alienated the Oceanic players again. Not only do have we copped the full brunt of all your failed patches, maintenance and down time over the past weeks, now you are giving everyone BH comms and a pet for using the free transfer service which didn't apply to our servers. Bravo, you do realize this is an international game right?

/end rant.

And yes i am mad.

If you had of read the post before you made your rant filled post at Bioware you would know the Asia Pacific servers also get the rewards.

If you had of read the post before you made your rant filled post at Bioware you would know the Asia Pacific servers also get the rewards.

You are correct. Changed my post, but you quoted it :(