Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

What a nice little surprise! That minipet is my favorite one yet, and maybe the BH coms will motivate me to start gathering BH coms so I can get a piece of gear for my Sage. :)

I feel kinda bad for those that decided to stay on their origin servers, though. I understand how upsetting it can be to lose a name, and I can definitely see the appeal of staying on a quiet server when your other choice is a server with 3 instances of the fleet. I think these rewards are more a way to prod people who just haven't bothered to transfer as they are solo players and/or just don't log in enough to be motivated.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started out on a server that has become the destination for most of the transfers. There was no reason for me to leave it until now, but I like the server. I also need the BH comms and want the pet. Sucks for me?

False.

The thread title says "Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers".

What this is, as I mentioned once earlier in the thread, is just another situation in which Bioware screws something like this up. Instead of giving everyone, I mean EVERYONE that transferred, a free 'token" redeemable for black hole comms OR warzone/ranked comms....they go and just pick PvE ones.

Although many people like me don't do PvE - unless it's leveling an alt.

Just like the free month for legacy levels, Bioware can't seem to do any type of reward like this without mucking it up somehow.

Neither item is a 'reward' of any value for me, and others as well.

Then I guess you're going to complain about what is clearly a gift. I didn't do anything to 'earn' these rewards as my characters are on a destination server and always have been. It's a gift no matter what the verbiage. They didn't have to do it at all. Don't like the gift, then don't do anything with it.

I'll leave you to your sulking.

I started out on a server that has become the destination for most of the transfers. There was no reason for me to leave it until now, but I like the server. I also need the BH comms and want the pet. Sucks for me?

If you are on a destination server you get them, regardless if you transferred or not. So basically you have to transfer to a destination server or be on a destination to get them.

I highly doubt this situation affects "hundreds" of subscribers.

I also doubt they will open up alternate server destinations. What I expect them to do is increase the number character slots per server, followed by an announcement that all source servers will be closed.

i disagree, there are lots of threads on this subject, i as well am stuck and cant move my empire toons to ebon hawk due to my republic toons being on that server.

Just like in 1.2 giving out a free month, they are trying to keep people subscribing that is all, lol.

I know, seems kind of senseless to create a subscription game and then try to keep those subscribers.

Like if i wanted to win a foot race I would tie my shoe laces together and break both my knees with a hammer.No idea why anyone would try be succesful at anything.....kinda dumb.

Question, so my sub. runs out in late august and I decided not to keep it going because im not sure if I want to switch it to shorter periods or renew the 6 month sub. Because I chose to cancel it so I dont foreget to I get penalized and not get the rewards? Did people already recieve them? Or do we not get them until the 7th of august?

:csw_trooper: Maybe Bioware/EA should take a leaf out of Blizzards book, reward everyone with a different pet or something for those that have remained faithful and subscribed for the past six months. :csw_fett: Edited by Anarchistic

This is just an incentive to get the remainder of the population off of the low population servers so that they can easily shut them down/sweep under a rug without a fuss.

:csw_trooper: But what about those low population servers that are not listed, hopefully they will be soon and eligible for the same rewards, for example “the jekk’jekk tarr” :csw_fett:

It's cool that they are doing this, but since part of that gift includes items that will have an effect on gameplay (the black hole comms) they really should include everyone. Oceanic, people staying on their origin servers, destination servers as well. Everyone has been affected in some way by the server transfers and to snub large portions of their subscriber base through this move is pretty disappointing.

It's cool that they are doing this, but since part of that gift includes items that will have an effect on gameplay (the black hole comms) they really should include everyone. Oceanic, people staying on their origin servers, destination servers as well. Everyone has been affected in some way by the server transfers and to snub large portions of their subscriber base through this move is pretty disappointing.

Regarding Oceanic and designation servers:

And, yes, those of you already on destination servers (those who were already there AND those who already transferred) also get the reward.

There still seems to be some confusion. If your server was a destination server, like Prophecy of the Five for example, you will still receive the rewards even if you did not transfer characters.

Hey everyone!

Just want to clear up any confusion - if your server is on the list of qualifying servers you will receive the pet and commendations even if you have already transferred those characters.

Here are the requirements to be eligible for the rewards:

1. You must have an active subscription.

2. Your character must be on a qualifying server by 11:59PM CDT July 30th, 2012 / 4:59AM GMT on July 31st, 2012.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Edit: Yup, all toons get them!

Oh, I haven't seen if this bonus is attached to your account or just currently created characters. So do all my future characters get the bonus too? If not, this seems like as good a reason as any to make sure you have all 8 character slots full with potential characters you might play down the road. Even if (or perhaps especially if) you only play one character currently.

Edit: As an after-thought: It's amusing how this reminds me of real life. Aren't the transfers supposed to be rewarding enough? Now you have to throw free stuff at people? The correlation is how it seems people need rewards for going to work or do a good job. These days, they need bonuses and incentives above and beyond simply staying employed or collecting a paycheck. It's silly, but I guess the times they are a changin'... lol

Edited by InnerPieces

Now that's nice. Unexpected but nice. I did transfer my all 8 characters some time ago and it looks like I'll just get a pet and 25 BH tokens for that. And each character receives that gift. It'll be somewhat funny for my lvl 1 to already have 25 BH tokens.

Great move from BW side. Instead of throwing a carrot just to convince people to transfer they reward afterwards without prior saying they have any bonus. Well played.

Instead of throwing a carrot just to convince people to transfer they reward afterwards without prior saying they have any bonus. Well played.

Isn't that exactly what they are doing to entice the people who don't like over-crowded servers to transfer to over-crowded servers? Just like how these are "voluntary" server "transfers" and not mandatory server merges. I guess I was wrong. Most people don't get it. Well played BW... well played. LOL

Sorry.. this whole thing just amuses the Snickers out of me.

What are you going to do about the low populations on the Asia Pacific Servers? are you planning to merge any or all of these servers or allow us to transfer back to a west coast server?

We tried for an hour today to get a ranked WZ going but noone else was queuing, those that were in the past seem to have gotten sick of going up against the same couple of teams over and over again :(

Yes I know there is one server of each type but really wouldnt it be better to merge all 3 into a PVE server and make one populated server? (I suggest PVE because if you want to PVP you can flag and if you want to roleplay you still can, but at least this way people have the options)

What are you going to do about the low populations on the Asia Pacific Servers? are you planning to merge any or all of these servers or allow us to transfer back to a west coast server?

We tried for an hour today to get a ranked WZ going but noone else was queuing, those that were in the past seem to have gotten sick of going up against the same couple of teams over and over again :(

Yes I know there is one server of each type but really wouldnt it be better to merge all 3 into a PVE server and make one populated server? (I suggest PVE because if you want to PVP you can flag and if you want to roleplay you still can, but at least this way people have the options)

:csw_trooper: The other option would be to open transfers from what were the unofficial Oceanic servers (The Harbinger and The Jekk’Jekk Tarr) to boost the population on the Asia/Pacific servers. :csw_fett:

So us that transfer from Space Slug to The Harbinger wont be getting it

i don't think that's right :rak_04::rak_04::rak_04:

The Harbinger is on the list of qualifying servers so any characters on there will get the reward. Are people having that much trouble reading BW's posts?

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins