Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

On top of that now you're literally bribing people off their destination servers? You're dealing the final blow to these already fragile origin servers even more. Tell us that you're shutting us down then, let us have the opportunity to switch to a server of our choosing, one where we saved a backup name, have connections to the community, doesn't have a 30 minute wait time every evening. Don't bribe and pick and drag our poor server through the mud, letting us tell our members we're okay as long as we stick together while you plot ways to harass us until we're decimated. (We really don't appreciate the hourly Server Admin announcements. I think every one knows by now without literal harassment popping up across our screens every. hour. Put an end to it.). Don't take what little of a community you left us with without giving us options for down the road.

Because that's just low.

RPer here too.

I so much understand your concern and well I had to rename 4 characters. So much that one is still awaiting a rename.

Although BioWare can't realistically maintain quite empty servers, whatever it would please some of us.

It's disappointing still it's a necessary trade off for the long term success of the game.

Looking forward here's some mitigation that would help.

• Allow transferred players to have one free name change in the future. So you can change your name with a new, but not perfect one, to be allowed to play still not end with getting stuck with it.
  • Allow players to have separate last names from legacy names. Because your legacy name might very well be taken. I'd suggest last name not being unique.
  • Allow one legacy name change.

(edit) BTW I ended renaming the wrong character opened a ticket and the CSR was very helpful and tagged my character to be renamed once again. So that might be a way...

Note: if you have to rename multiple characters the system does not allow you to choose which character to rename but proceed them in a specific order, so make sure to double check which one you are renaming ;)

(edit II) Note to BioWare: for once IMHO you are doing well in regards of who's eligible for the rewards, not penalizing players that already transferred or players that already had their characters on the servers. And the Ganinifari looks way cool!

Edited by Deewe

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, now theyre just giving the gear away. Is it me? Or are they just trying to phase out Columi/Rakatta.

Um, what? They're giving us 25 Black Hole commendations. That gives us a little headstart to buy 1 piece of Black Hole gear, the cheapest being the Bracers at 30 commendations. Rakata and Columi will always be there for alts to level through to the highest gear and in some cases Rakata is still better than Black Hole gear encouraging us to mix and match the mods for optimal stats.

So far every redeemable code reward and promo reward has been account bound. However, as this reward requires a character to be on an origin server, I wonder if it will be a one time thing, not recurring on new characters like other rewards.

So far every redeemable code reward and promo reward has been account bound. However, as this reward requires a character to be on an origin server, I wonder if it will be a one time thing, not recurring on new characters like other rewards.

Actually only existing character on destination servers and characters that were alive and are being transferred.

Makes sense to promote the "merge".

How could you not realize that transfers would not be mandatory? People have been clamoring for transfers for a long time now in order to alleviate the low population which plagued most of the servers out there, it doesn't take the force to see they were consolidating most people figured it out it's your own fault yu did not and now lost your names.

Also they're just names get over it and use that RP imagination to make new names.

How could you not realize that transfers would not be mandatory? People have been clamoring for transfers for a long time now in order to alleviate the low population which plagued most of the servers out there, it doesn't take the force to see they were consolidating most people figured it out it's your own fault yu did not and now lost your names.

Also they're just names get over it and use that RP imagination to make new names.

Not entirely correct. My original server no one expected to be a server to transfer off of. We rarely had trouble finding groups and there was always people around but when the transfers came we were suddently a server that was not a designation server and that took a lot of people by surprise as no one on that server expected it.

And maybe for you it's easy for you to get over it regarding the names but some people have spent time prior to the games release coming up with a name. I was lucky in not having to change my name but I can understand how some people feel. To some a name isn't important but to some it is. It does't hurt to show some compassion and understanding to people in this situation rather than to flippantly tell them to get over it.

Um, what? They're giving us 25 Black Hole commendations. That gives us a little headstart to buy 1 piece of Black Hole gear, the cheapest being the Bracers at 30 commendations. Rakata and Columi will always be there for alts to level through to the highest gear and in some cases Rakata is still better than Black Hole gear encouraging us to mix and match the mods for optimal stats.

I dont mean just that ... the weekly, the daily LFG randoms, now this? Theyre pretty much bypassing the Columi/Rakatta progression step and going straight into BH>Campain. Yeah, you can get Columi along the way but it seems theyre just boosting people through now.

Not to mention EC story drops 4(?) per boss ... and even drops some off a chest on the way to the Tanks.

Edited by MasterKayote

What about those of us who are quite happy to move but already have chars on the destination server and not enough slots to move all the chars off the origin server? It's getting pretty obvious that they're going to shut down the origin servers after cramming us all into a few destinations ... but does that mean I'm going to lose my chars? I either need more char slots or an alternate destination.

I tried asking customer services, but they just told me:

I am Protocol Droid W4-T3, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us with your feedback and suggestions on the character slots.

I understand that you want to know if the character slots will increase in the future, and I understand as well why you wish to have this feature.

We appreciate the time you took to send us your impressions and ideas, and we can assure you that our Development team is always interested in receiving constructive feedback from our players.

To ensure that your ideas are seen by the right people, we recommend posting them on our Suggestion Box forum at http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 so that they can be seen by the Development team. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to see your ideas posted on the Suggestion Box soon.

If you have any questions about this, or encounter any other issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty…

So not a lot of help really :confused:

So, question:

I've been waiting to re-roll my Trooper for when the Cathar race is finally available (I just want Jorgan and my Trooper to have little Cathar babies, hypothetically speaking, is all, haha). I have the character sitting there as a name-holder for the time being and it looks like said character will be receiving the character transfer perks, seeing as they're going to "all" characters. When I delete her (she's really just a level 1 name-holder), the perks will be deleted with her, correct?

When I delete her (she's really just a level 1 name-holder), the perks will be deleted with her, correct?

Yes you loose everything.

Now what you can do is petition for allowing players a one specie switch with certain legacy level/perks.

Edited by Deewe

this is Bioware's attempt to entice people who have not yet transfered to transfer, as most likely those who are not yet transfered, are most likely alone, which increases their likelyhood of cancelling. Not a bad move on Bioware's part. In general, the more people on a single server the better.
Yes, this is exactly what it is. It's not a "thank-you" gift; it's a bribe to those of us who are still on the origin servers to transfer to the destination servers. (And, because they didn't want to upset those who previously transferred to or originally rolled on the destination servers, they're also giving the "reward" to everybody on the destination servers.)

It is, however, a good bribe. :) So I will finally be transferring.

Do only level 50s get the commendations? Or will be level 35 Jedi Guardian get them to use at 50 when she gets there?

Seems like everyone so you get a nice head start when capping a character ;)

What about those of us who are quite happy to move but already have chars on the destination server and not enough slots to move all the chars off the origin server? It's getting pretty obvious that they're going to shut down the origin servers after cramming us all into a few destinations ... but does that mean I'm going to lose my chars? I either need more char slots or an alternate destination.

I tried asking customer services, but they just told me:

So not a lot of help really :confused:

I'm in the same boat. While I remain willing to wait for the next round of transfers (I consider this to be part of the initial round, barring a statement to the contrary from an official source), I am bothered by the likelihood that my untransferrable characters will not be eligible for these gifts. I don't know what percentage of players have been affected by this "destination collision" (which I understand was statistically inevitable), but that percentage has one or more characters that we *cannot* move; the choice is simply not available and no incentive can change that; only the release of more character slots or different destination servers can do so. And again, I know that either or both will take time to see release; meanwhile, the affected players' affected characters *cannot* receive the gifts.

Well I have been trying to transfer to a server for the past two weeks, every one is reported as full except one. Just want to join an old guild I belonged to when playing pre NGE SWG. Opened a support ticket hoping they can arrange, i qualify for the transfer etc but annoying i cant complete.

I dont mean just that ... the weekly, the daily LFG randoms, now this? Theyre pretty much bypassing the Columi/Rakatta progression step and going straight into BH>Campain. Yeah, you can get Columi along the way but it seems theyre just boosting people through now.

Not to mention EC story drops 4(?) per boss ... and even drops some off a chest on the way to the Tanks.

I can see what you're saying but it's still not the best gear, you still have to mix and match it a lot. Also most importantly it's missing the set bonus. If you boosted your char up with full Black Hole gear it's still not as good as if you raided to get the full Rakata set. Black Hole gear is filler gear, it would only really be a problem if they handed out Rakata and Campaign too easy.

It just gives people a little incentive to use the group finder tool and do the weeklies. I don't see a problem with that.

Edited by AelixVII

Just for clarification, everyone on The Progenitor EU RP-PvE server will get the rewards? (Including those like myself who have been on the server all along?)

Sorry if it's been mentioned but the wording used is very confusing to me :p

Although it's easy to see that from your perspective, you have to look at it from there's too. They weren't sure whether this was going to happen, it did, and the majority of players wanted to move so they listened and responded.

It costs money to keep a server running so it must be frustrating for them to have to keep a server up if only a few players (my old one only has about 20 active left) are on it.

It's difficult to design all these things perfectly to satisfy everyone. The only way around it would have been to use instances of servers and completely unique names across all server regions, in which case you probably wouldn't have gotten those names anyway.

And you, along with so many others on these forums, should look at it from the other point of view.

There are three (very) basic reasons why characters have not been transferred off of origin servers (not counting inactive accounts):

• Not enough character slots on destination server.
  • Server lag/login queues.
  • Some form of name conflict/concern.

It is very easy to design in alterations to satisfy most of these issues.

• More character slots, even paid/microtransaction slots. An argument could be made that this would take significant coding... But, really. Scalable character slots should be one of the biggest priorities of MMO design. From day one.
  • Allow adjustment of Legacy names. From deleting the whole thing (in case the player already had a legacy on the destination server), to just changing the name. Again, even paid versions. It should be simply a database field change. It shouldn't be difficult. Maybe not something every CS Rep has the tools to do... But it should still be simple.
    Also, unless I am mistaken (quite possible, since I haven't had to deal with this yet), you can't "reserve" name while you are renaming. So, you might not know you have to change your legacy name, until after you have already changed your character name - thinking you still had your legacy name. So, the ability to work with CS, even a special sub branch of CS, to get a change of name after the forced change of name could be helpful. (A flat "One free name change after any mandatory name change" service would be just as good, but a little overkill.)

The lag/login queue one is a bit more difficult to design into a server transfer/merge "event." Of course, a bit more forthcoming details and transparency on the intentions of paid transfers and/or origin server plans could help with this. Without details, people who haven't transferred for any reason that isn't name, or character slot, related, are stuck in a holding pattern waiting to see if it is all worth their time, effort, and money.

Bioware, you decided where to put my guild when the game launched taking that decision from our leadership and we trusted your judgement.

The server you selected for us died like so many others. I admit that this development was impossible to predict however it leads me into my main point.

YOU (Bioware) don't get to decide which server I get to play on.

Prior to character transfers I rerolled on a server of my choice that I prefer despite losing access to the legacy perks I worked hard to get and 4 characters that were very nicely geared and developed.

Now that character transfers have been out for a while I think it is time to allow me the customer the option of selecting where to move my characters.

I feel I am more than capable of making this choice and find it slightly condescending that I am currently being denied a choice in the matter.

If you want to charge me an additional modest fee for the convenience I would be more than happy to agree to that.

I'd be happy to settle for letting legacy perks carry over accross servers as a reluctant concession.

I think this is a reasonable request , let me select where to move the characters I put alot of effort into developing to a destination server of my own choosing. Charge me a modest fee for any overhead on your end and add in a cooldown to prevent any abuse of the system.

I don't want welfare black hole commendations or a pet dinosaur I want access to the legacy I built on the server of my choice.

In advance thank you for your time and attention.

i got a 3 week holiday comeing up and is unsubbed as there is no reason to pay for it when i cant play it, but i have been playing the game since early access and now because i got a holiday and is not subbed on 30th i am not getting the same transfers rewards as the rest of users.

All i got is alot of not very kind words for BW so ill just stop it here.

Sweet stuffs, much appriciate it ^^

Small question wich i hope you have the anwser to (Couldent find it in the FAQ thingy)

Will this be given to all future made characters aswell? or is it only for all currently existing Characters? As some one ells earlier in this thread mentioned, im holding off on making som chars till we get Cathar and i would very much like to have a one of those pets on that one when the time comes :)

They managed to make this confusing - good old BW.

There are TWO kinds of "Qualifying Servers" on that Transfers page. The Origin servers are qualified for the Free Character Transfer Service - not the rewards, but the Transfer. If you have a character on an Origin server and it stays there, you won't get the rewards.

The Destination servers are qualified for Transfer Rewards. Every character on the Destination servers as of the end of July, no matter how you got there - whether you transferred there, always lived there, or rolled it fresh on July 29th - will get the Transfer Rewards a week later.

This is the carrot. Stick to follow in due course.

Like many other SWTOR devotees, I transferred my characters as asked by BW to the designated server even though it is not where I want to play. So there they sit, useless to me really. I'm waiting for paid transfers to allow me to bring my entire family of characters together. No amount of junky rewards or hollow, useless ingame crap will make me and other players like me happy about our situation.

Please allow us to PAY you to bring our geared, high legacy/crewskill characters to the server we prefer, which we rerolled on months ago because our original servers were DEAD. Please quit offering us junk to try to make us happy, and take care of those players who have supported the game since beta and pre-launch. Thanks for listening.

Signed,

AVSFP (A very sad, frustrated player)

Saga (now changed to another irrelevant, meaningless name on a useless, overcrowded server.)

Indigo (" " " " " " ...)