Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

What if we are waiting on paid transfers? I am still on an origin server waiting for paid transfers to join my other characters on a server that was NOT my destination server. Am I going to miss out on this pet because I am waiting to pay to move instead of going to the free transfer server where I have no other toons or friends?

I'm in exactly the same position. I'd love to have an update on this before the end of the rewards. For now, I'll still keep waiting on my origin server for transfers from PvE to RP nevertheless.

Edited by Cruxa

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service, we are giving all characters on qualifying servers (including all destination servers) an in-game pet, the Gannifari, and 25 Black Hole Commendations to help purchase high level gear. Visit www.swtor.com/transfer for a list of qualifying servers.

Read More

This clearly states "all characters on qualifying servers." Seems simple enough to me...

About the list of North American servers eligible. Vornskr is not on the list although it was and is an origin server. I have already transferred 6 toons from there. Is this an oversight or is there something particular about Vornskr that makes it not eligible? Please let us know. I have one more toon on Vornskr and will move him promptly if it is eligible.

Thanks BW. Love this, and yes 25 BH comms are valuable and not easy to get. The pet looks great, I'm starting to have a pretty nice collection of them. :)

To the above people, you don't actually need to transfer, as long as you are on the list of qualifying servers which are NOT just the destination servers, then you will be rewarded.
Are there any servers that are not Qualifying (Origin) or Destination (other than PTS)? This has to be the most complicated way of saying everyone gets a reward.

What if we are waiting on paid transfers? I am still on an origin server waiting for paid transfers to join my other characters on a server that was NOT my destination server. Am I going to miss out on this pet because I am waiting to pay to move instead of going to the free transfer server where I have no other toons or friends?

Would really like to be able to take advantage of this as well...

...then transfer your characters to the destination server anyway? Dunno why you would wait; its not like if you transfer now, you wont be able to later on. You get free stuff and more people to play with. Waiting just seems silly to me.

Well...crap!!

I have 16 chars (altoholic). They are all on Jedi Covenenant or Correllian Run. So because I chose busier servers earlier, no rewards for me now?

Read it again. Including all destination servers. If you are on a destination server (even if you started there originally) you still get the free gifts

...then transfer your characters to the destination server anyway? Dunno why you would wait; its not like if you transfer now, you wont be able to later on. You get free stuff and more people to play with. Waiting just seems silly to me.

Good call, that was brought up to me later!

Would really like to be able to take advantage of this as well...

If the paid transfers aren't implemented by the cut-off date specified then, according to the stipulations laid out in the post concerning this incentive, yes, you would miss out. This is not to say the pet will not be available in some other way after the rewards are sent. However, going simply by the available information, then you would miss out.

This is an incentive for those who have not transferred to do so. If you are waiting for paid transfers then that is your choice, as is missing out on the associated reward.

Hello again!

There still seems to be some confusion. If your server was a destination server, like Prophecy of the Five for example, you will still receive the rewards even if you did not transfer characters.

Check to see if your server is qualified for rewards here.

Thanks!

About the list of North American servers eligible. Vornskr is not on the list although it was and is an origin server. I have already transferred 6 toons from there. Is this an oversight or is there something particular about Vornskr that makes it not eligible?
I don't think that list included the last batch of servers that happened in the second week. I still think we need clarification if characters remaining on Qualifying servers actually get the gifts.

Hello again!

There still seems to be some confusion. If your server was a destination server, like Prophecy of the Five for example, you will still receive the rewards even if you did not transfer characters.

Check to see if your server is qualified for rewards here.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification. What if you are on an Origin server that for some reason is not listed as a qualifying server like Vornskr? Are you still eligible? I have just finished transferring my remaining toons and would love the reward.

Edited by Rafaman

Looks like BioWare is really going to empty out all those servers that have fallen out of favour... maybe to close them soon altogether.

Will character that are later created also get those benefits in the future if my main and the alts I already have get them?

Edited by Drudenfusz

Well done Bioware.

Well done overlooking PvPers yet again. Black hole comms = not a reward for me.

What would have been nice is some ranked comms being all of us on origin servers got held back by no queues while the destination server population is in all war hero sets now because...you know....they actually got to play the game all this time.

At least you are consistent??

Edited by islander

this is Bioware's attempt to entice people who have not yet transfered to transfer, as most likely those who are not yet transfered, are most likely alone, which increases their likelyhood of cancelling. Not a bad move on Bioware's part. In general, the more people on a single server the better.

I want to move my 50 Juggernaut from Bergeron Colony so that he is with my other characters on Canderous Ordo. When will this be allowed? It is very, very important to me. There is a shortage of Tanks and Healers on Canderous Ordo (at least via group finder) and my 50 tank would be a welcome addition to keep the community vibrant.

Why isn't this an option? It's not like it would overcrowd the servers, I can only play one character at a time. It pains me to have a well -geared tank that I can't utilize with my new friends on Canderous Ordo.:(

This is the single most important issue with the game for me, and I've heard the same thing echoed by my fellow players who re-rolled on a higher population server long before the transfers began to occur. :confused: