Constant Maintenance

Ailie

I agree with you, however, it needs to be stated that the problem they brought the servers down for yesterday and most likely today players can fix by simply relogging. These are not dire problems by any stretch of the imagination and could wait till next Tuesday's maintenance.

What you say is probably true. However, one only needs to look back over 75% of the posts here to see that the average player seems to want everything handed to them on a silver platter without lifting a finger themselves.

I agree that downtime is an arse - I've lost most of my play time on my two days off this week - but what a lot of people are failing to realise is that it doesn't seem to matter what BW (or any other MMO company for that matter) does, they're going to get whined at no matter what. I guess from their PoV, it's better to have a bit more downtime in order to fix the thousands of support tickets all saying "Y U NO FIX MY GAYM?!"

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its a tad annoying...3 days running I sit down to play the game before I head off to work, my chill time before all the ***** of the day and 3 days maintenance instead. Now I agree that they have to sort all the crap out, however I pay to play and can't, so Im hoping we get a bit of free gameplay back like before.

Surely more testing should have been done before this update was implemented, it seems rather unstable to me...

Seriously? What do you think WoW has been doing the last few years? Seperating regional servers and performing server maintenance at different times is not exactly rocket-science, but then we're talking about a company who've had their game unavailable for about 20 hours out of the last 4 days, because of patches to fix the patch that was supposed to patch the patch.

Then do that. No need to get angry. If you quoted me, that means you read the rest of my post. I want there to be a miracle cure.

Seriously? What do you think WoW has been doing the last few years? Seperating regional servers and performing server maintenance at different times is not exactly rocket-science, but then we're talking about a company who've had their game unavailable for about 20 hours out of the last 4 days, because of patches to fix the patch that was supposed to patch the patch.

Yeah...but we are talking about blizzard a company that knows how to make a game (even though they destroy it too for the garbage casuals) and bioware austin a company that releases a game that's not even completed...Two major differences, lol.

I'd rather have a few hours of downtime (which by the way, tends to happen during the middle of my day yet you don't hear me whining about it) than a broken game. THAT is what we're paying money for - constant problem-solving and development. You guys don't like it? Then go back to playing CoD or whatever other purile wastes of time are on the console market right now.

As for how long it takes... Have ANY of you whiners ever attempted to code and then troubleshoot a 3D application? There is no "Fix the problem" button. It's an incredibly long, incredibly trying and incredibly complex process that nine times out of ten boils down to a single line of code buried somewhere in the middle of the other billions of lines of code.

But of course I'm sure all of these facts pale into insignificance when compared to the fact that you happen to be bored out of your tiny minds for roughly four hours or so...

3 Days maintenance downtime in a row is bad for any MMO, so don't try justify it.

Fix the real problem first, let me elaborate...

If you payed for a car, would you expect it to have a time 3 days in a row where you are unable to drive it because of the manufacturer, No. Would you expect to have to wait every night when you wanna go out for it to take hour+ to start, NO.

In other words the maintenance downtime & the servers queues because of this perfetic transfer BS has upset more people than a bug only maybe say a few people have noticed?

The real problem is Update 1.3 and the many problems it has brang with it. It has simply been worst thing thats happened to this game thus far.

Whine whine whine whine. I forgot. That's all I'm doing. There's no basis for my argument, nor am I stating it in a mature way. Just whining. My bad. My brain must be insignificant.

I am so very, very tired of that argument. "U duz not now bout computers so shud ur face. There fixin bugzzz. Terrrrrribul bugzzzz.."

You're right. I don't. That doesn't mean I can't be an annoyed customer. I understand that it's a complex process, that I don't know jacksquat about. But BW also doesn't seem to ever acknowledge that they even have players outside of America.

I'm sorry, did I ever state my post was directed entirely at you? You're one of the rare few here who can admit to not knowing anything about coding and that to me puts you above most of the rest. You're also - as far as I can see - not immediately threatening to unsubscribe. Voicing a concern isn't the issue here. It's HOW people are doing so that I take offence to.

For the record, I'm also based outside of the US so this downtime is affecting me probably every bit as much as it's affecting you.

I'm sorry, did I ever state my post was directed entirely at you? You're one of the rare few here who can admit to not knowing anything about coding and that to me puts you above most of the rest. You're also - as far as I can see - not immediately threatening to unsubscribe. Voicing a concern isn't the issue here. It's HOW people are doing so that I take offence to.

For the record, I'm also based outside of the US so this downtime is affecting me probably every bit as much as it's affecting you.

Understandable. I kinda get angry when people start raging in a post that I was trying to have a real conversation in.

They are trying to fix all the bugs in 1.3 that were on the PTS that they IGNORED and put through to the live servers.

I recall reading many threads, both here & elsewhere 'SHOUTING' for BioWare NOT to put 1.3 Live yet ...

"It is NOT Ready" was the unified message ... obviously BioWare thought different ...

It would appear the masses were actually correct this time. I so hate Patch Days & moreso when said Patch messes the game up.

Let us just hope BioWare learn from this & I agree some compensation should be given. NOT because we necessarily 'deserve' it, but they should set internal standards & punish themselves when they fail those standards ... if they get it right they don't need to hand out anything, if they get it wrong they have to compensate their playerbase ... they'll be a lot more cautious before putting stuff 'Live' then :cool:

Items

•Augment slots in items crafted before 1.3 that have not been manually upgraded by players are now the appropriate tier based on the level of the item (if no augments are installed) or the level of the augment that is currently installed in the augment slot.

Wow, with all the threads complaining about this, I can see why they took servers down last night/this morning. Oh wait, there was one thread about it that managed to just break 2 pages.

lol I am for updates much as possible but a third day in a row? I haven't seen these many down times since the game got released. So are we going back in time ? Maybe they are getting ready for the f2p model sooner than people speculated with their professional opinions. :D

But it hasn't been 3 days in a row. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. At least they took Wednesday off. Understand that some people loose play time but I know our server was pretty broken and needed to be fixed. My only real complaint is that the patch notes are crap. I'm sure they are not doing an emerency maintenance patch to just fix old augment slots. Hopefully they are fixing the problems with the LFG and maybe some of the new lag and sometimes broken attacks/interrupts.

This is getting a little ridicuous team. Of course if it wasn't occuring in Oceanic prime time few would mind much but continuous days of downtime is a bit of a pain in the butt. It's great that you're fixing things but can't the times be varied or scheduled regularly so as not to cut into our play time day after day? Not much point paying for a sub you can't play

you must be new to MMOs. it happens, with all of them. get used to it ;)

Gosh and here I thought that was the definition of urgent hotfixes.

In other words, whether you think it to be unlikely or not doesn't change the fact that it's what's being done.

*checks patch notes*

Oh, gee, look at that. It's fixing a 1.3 bug, not a 1.3a bug. Exactly as I was predicting. :cool:

Items

•Augment slots in items crafted before 1.3 that have not been manually upgraded by players are now the appropriate tier based on the level of the item (if no augments are installed) or the level of the augment that is currently installed in the augment slot.

Wow, with all the threads complaining about this, I can see why they took servers down last night/this morning. Oh wait, there was one thread about it that managed to just break 2 pages.

Total and utter mismanagement.

Whoever handles their job prioritisation must be fishing for overtime when this is the sort of rubbish that can't wait 3-4 days till a regular scheduled maintenance.

This is not game-breaking by anyone's definition. Whoever authorised this downtime should cop an earful from their boss.

Edited by Lakhesis

Wow.. I love these threads.. People QQ about all the bugs and demand that they be fixed.. Now that Bioware is fixing them people QQ some more..

Well since all of you have a PHD in video game programming, or a doctorate in business, a masters in customer servicve, and a bachelors in quality control.. Why don't all of you go out and create an MMO of this size, run it, fix the bugs without interrupting service, then you can sit back and condemn Bioware for how they are handling things..

I applaud them.. I am glad they are fixing issues as soon as they crop up.. More power to them.. If you folks have issues with that.. Then you simply have issues.. :)

There's a difference between fixes that needs to be made right now and fixes that can wait until next maintenance day. 3 days in a row with 4 hour maintances, one that applied a patch and two that fixed a total of 4 bugs that no one even knew existed. That's a waste of BW's and our time plus our money. The management team for SWTOR has been making idiotic decisions one by one, time to switch them out.

4 freakin hours for this?

1.3.0b Patch Notes

6/29/2012

Items

Augment slots in items crafted before 1.3 that have not been manually upgraded by players are now the appropriate tier based on the level of the item (if no augments are installed) or the level of the augment that is currently installed in the augment slot.

YEAH, NO WAY THIS **** COULD WAIT UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY. THIS GAME BLOWS.

Edited by johnduane

4 gosh darned hours for this?

1.3.0b Patch Notes

6/29/2012

Items

Augment slots in items crafted before 1.3 that have not been manually upgraded by players are now the appropriate tier based on the level of the item (if no augments are installed) or the level of the augment that is currently installed in the augment slot.

YEAH, NO WAY THIS **** COULD WAIT UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY.

it couldn't... I told BW i wanted my augments working right TODAY!!!! and I'm a pretty important person

Edited by Liquidacid

4 gosh darned hours for this?

1.3.0b Patch Notes

6/29/2012

Items

YEAH, NO WAY THIS **** COULD WAIT UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY.

It actually took less than 2 hours.

4 freakin hours for this?

1.3.0b Patch Notes

6/29/2012

Items

YEAH, NO WAY THIS **** COULD WAIT UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY. THIS GAME BLOWS.

Basically, everyone that had the augments that got buffed, gained another 2-3 Crit rating or some other stat. #WastingTime #Epicfail