Constant Maintenance

Ailie

I don't much mind all these patches, but with this current patch I went from 80 fps down to 22 fps and the toon I'm playing is on correllia. I put it to the lowest settings on both my catalyst control panel as well as swtor and the max I get are 35fps. Something has gone pretty wrong, but hopefully they fix it soon.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you've left out a leading 1, at least some of those latency numbers aren't actually possible. The fastest US<->AU connection that's theoretically possible based on the limitations of the speed of light down a fiber optic cable is about 140ms. In practice, about 180ms is about as good as you can possibly get with the pacific ocean in the way.

They might be accurate to (e.g.) Blizzard's "oceanic" servers, but those servers are physically located in the US anyway (10pts to Bioware for the genuine localised servers).

Some ISPs now have hyperspace technology. :eek:

People would seriously do that? I'd prefer to play with my 55 MS than go over to the US or Oceanic servers and get 200+. If people swap regions because their home-region has maintenance, then they need help with their gaming addiction.

You would be surprised. There are a lot of people who spend every waking moment in a game (not just this game, but ANY game can apply here) and would do exactly that. Most people don't want to admit they're addicted to a game but you can see it popping up.

its always entertaining to see people rant and rave about maintenance...blizzard all over again...when servers go down the forums are flooded with whining and crying...some things cannot be fixed with a server up and running...get over it

You would be surprised. There are a lot of people who spend every waking moment in a game (not just this game, but ANY game can apply here) and would do exactly that. Most people don't want to admit they're addicted to a game but you can see it popping up.

That's a bit sad, to be honest. I love to play games, I can sit inside all day and play them, but I just get restless if I sit too long.

Also, in WoW I barely get over 30 MS, most of the time sitting between 20 and 25. So it's not my computer or ISP there is something wrong with.

They might be accurate to (e.g.) Blizzard's "oceanic" servers, but those servers are physically located in the US anyway (10pts to Bioware for the genuine localised servers).

lmao .

its always entertaining to see people rant and rave about maintenance...blizzard all over again...when servers go down the forums are flooded with whining and crying...some things cannot be fixed with a server up and running...get over it

Seven years later and their general discussion forms STILL get flooded with people whining about it. It's hilarious most of the time, facepalm worthy some of the time, and almost pitiable the others.

Senatsu-I'm the same way. I've been known to take a day off of work here and there (NEVER on a Tuesday, unless I was genuinely sick) to play a game but there's a fine line between being a gamer and being addicted in my opinion.

Edited by Xiahoufig

Strange reading this, the only thing that annoyed me about 1.3 was the augment stuff being broken. Had gone to all the trouble of crafting placeholder level 49 augments for all lower level equipment with augments, but left the stuff that was already 49 empty, whilst I gathered resources for purple augments. Just got it all sorted before 1.3. Logged in at 1.3 and all were broken (either counted as no slot there, or did so if you removed the placeholder).

Personally I'm very glad for the 90 minute fix this morning. It's well worth it for me. Much more than the 4 hours yesterday fixing a problem with the queue I wasn't having.

Please accept that not everyone's views are necessarily the same as yours.

Thinking about down times by reading this thread has made me think, we really do need a gamers bill of rights. If you think about all these MMOs that have maintence times if you start adding up how much a game cost with a sub and how much per hour we loose it starts to add up. I know it's not not much blah blah blah cup of coffee cost more yadda yadda yadda, but it still adds up and we never get any compensation for that lost time.

makes you think how much say a game like Wow gets free money versus the players not actually playing those down times and loosing that money.

Good thread makes you think a bit.