Constant Maintenance

Ailie

Taking down the servers due to unforeseen circumstances annoy me.

Complete lack of explanation straight up pisses me off.

A couple of sentences just saying "Sorry folks, but we ran into some things....." would go a long way in calming some people, or at least me, down.

ON. THE. FORUMS.

not twitter, facebook, ect.

Edited by Skoobie

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work until 9 or 10 pm pst 3 days a week and these patches totally screw me over.

Why can't they start later? And why the hell do you need so much down time this week?

Maybe if you did 1.3 properly the first time......?

Don't get me wrong I love this game but it feels like the west coast is getting screwed

This has been the case following all major 1.X release and will likely continue for all X.Y releases. They released 1.3 too soon to get it into their Q2 earnings report. They knew it, we knew it. You should fully expect a mid-week patch following a major update. This patch will likely fix the augment slot issue (check dev tracker). i'd rather them patch before the weekend than be stuck with it through the weekend. The 2nd patch shouldn't have been needed but they are trying to address a good sized issue so they don't have to hear the QQ over the weekend. I'm not trying to appologize for them (well maybe i am), but rather try to bring some logic/sense/reality to the situation (which forum users don't care much about). And yes, i do feel for the Oceanic players.

Taking down the servers due to unforeseen circumstances annoy me.

Complete lack of explanation straight up pisses me off.

A couple of sentences just saying "Sorry folks, but we ran into some things....." would go a long way in calming some people, or at least me, down.

ON. THE. FORUMS.

not twitter, facebook, ect.

They don't actually say what's going on on facebook or twitter either.

But yes. This would be really helpful. And it would probably lead to a lot less anger from the player-base. But whatever, we're only paying customers or something. We don't need to know what's going on with the product we pay for.

Well, like I said in another post, im tired of this..........................And I will speak with my wallet.

Im done with this game. I gave Bio another chance 'to prove' they could right the ship.

And they can't............./shrug

Seems pretty dramatic, aye? Not really. This is an ongoing thing, happens all the time, AND THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO CHANGE IT. NO ' HEY WE'RE SORRY, OUR BAD' etc.........Nothing.

Anyway, take it easy people.........................peace

They don't actually say what's going on on facebook or twitter either.

But yes. This would be really helpful. And it would probably lead to a lot less anger from the player-base. But whatever, we're only paying customers or something. We don't need to know what's going on with the product we pay for.

You would think with a game that is dying that they would wanna keep the people that are left a bit happier than this right? lol

Maintenance isn't something that causes me to punch kittens or gnash my teeth until they chip. It really isn't something I lose sleep over.

I would rather have the game patched than not. MMOs are the types of games that require this sort of thing, and I have learned to accept it. Perhaps everyone here is new to MMOs.

followed from the other thread...

The last time this game went down 3 nights in a row, I don't know I don't record things like that to my Journal only to quote them on the forum 2 months after I quit ... however, anyone who has been playing since launch knows that this game has gone down 3 nights (maybe not in a row but certainly in 1 week) SEVERAL times, and it has been pretty much common that it goes down for 2 nights of maintenance a week

In any case, sad to see it's still "stabilizing". . . /disappointed, I have 2 more weeks before they want my new lewts, I have to time to decide if I really want to endure this BS

Maintenance isn't something that causes me to punch kittens or gnash my teeth until they chip. It really isn't something I lose sleep over.

I would rather have the game patched than not. MMOs are the types of games that require this sort of thing, and I have learned to accept it. Perhaps everyone here is new to MMOs.

No. I get patches. And I like things fixed.

People can say "Get a life, do something else while it's down," but that is an invalid argument. We're not talking about my life, we're talking about a product. "Oh,The car that you bought isn't working because the mechanic who was supposed to fix it didn't do it right the first time, so now it has to go into the shop for another three days? But not just 3 days, right in the middle of your workweek, the times when you need it most? Well, that's expected. So you best get a life and get over it. Go outside or something, noob."

This is a product that I like to use, and it should be available to me when I want to use it. 1.3 is bringing back excitement to the game, and I'd like some time to experience it. But the patches are the same time, every time, 3 times in one week. Which is essentially giving the finger to anyone who plays during that time. "Oh HAI. You wanna play during regular daytime hours in your region? *sigh* Well, I'm sorry, we just can't do that, these people over here are more important than you... So.....Yeah."

So, I'm fine with patches, but it would be great if they swtiched up the times a bit.

Hey Bioware, if this crap is down every time I have free time to play (mostly late at night), why should I bother paying to play?

I love the game, but this BS is getting old. Hire some competent programmers/tech folks, and get your crap together already.

followed from the other thread...

The last time this game went down 3 nights in a row, I don't know I don't record things like that to my Journal only to quote them on the forum 2 months after I quit ... however, anyone who has been playing since launch knows that this game has gone down 3 nights (maybe not in a row but certainly in 1 week) SEVERAL times, and it has been pretty much common that it goes down for 2 nights of maintenance a week

In any case, sad to see it's still "stabilizing". . . /disappointed, I have 2 more weeks before they want my new lewts, I have to time to decide if I really want to endure this BS

uhh no.... 90 percent of the time it's once a week... as far as 3 times a week happening "several" times.. ya if you mean the actual definition of several being more than two but fewer than many

Edited by Liquidacid

uhh no.... 90 percent of the time it's once a week... as far as 3 times a week happening "several" times.. ya if you mean the actual definition of several being more than two but fewer than many

It's always funny when somone who quit tells people who HAVE really been here since launch (or even before) what is "common".

I sure hope this maintenance is to fix the "domino agro" effect introduced with the 1.3 patch.

It is the one where if you engage a group in a room, the next nearest group agro's on you, no matter how far away they are, and when you move to take on that group, the next nearest group agro's on you, etc.

In the Republic Research Center area of Nar Shaddaa, I was able to complete an entire bonus mission (defeat 15 of some republic troop type) in a "single" fight because eventually the whole room agroed on me.

But that is no big deal, because the one medpack per fight change won't effect anyone who plays smart/correct, right? :-P

This will be my last day of my paid subscription :mad: no wonder bioware has lost so many customers.

Zero compensation (double XP or refund on billing days) for bringing down servers at gaming times for people in the europe.

I took week off holiday to get a number of tasks done (one was grinding my alt up to 50) Tuesday/Thursday and now Friday? Really is this acceptable the communication whilst servers are down is extremely poor they fail to notify extensions until after the maintenance window has supposedly finished that they are planning to extend by another 2 hours then another 2 hours.

My day job is working on application lifecycle management (especially around build management) I would have been marched out of my job by security if I provided such a poor service.

I understand they need to apply fixes and reboot but seriously using cloud technology they should be able to spin up everything much faster than four hours unless they are doing something seriously wrong.

Such a shame as supposedly a customer playing since day one I'm now going to have to renew one of my other subscriptions to another MMO.

Glamol.com

3 Times this week between 5pm and 12 pm for Australians. whiskey tango foxtrot. I nerd raged at 2 downtimes this week and now there is a third. lets be honest bioware from launch you have butchered customer relations with asia pacific, and now you are just butchering your job @ providing a service.

These blokes are looking for work, Im sure they will fit right in with your team.

http://tinypic.com/r/3525f9z/6 http://tinypic.com/r/2jeecll/6 cant be any worse

maybe if you ask real nice they will refund you the 2 cents an hour you pay for the game time you claim they are stealing...

a game being down for a few hours of maint. or patching is not a big issue no matter the time

2 cents or not you just agreed that I payed for a service and didn't receive it, and what is it to you? Am I paying you or buying a service off of you? Heck or even claiming that you stole something from me?, ....I don't think so.... Then don't worry about who I ask or claim is stealing me of my money since it doesn't involve you nor your 2 cents.

Guys put it in perspective.

These patches are hotfixes. Things didn't work right with the update and they are trying to fix it. I bet most of the fixes are behind the scenes and not even in the patch notes. The game has been GLITCHY the past two-three days for me (whereas it has been PERFECT since Beta/Launch) so something is wrong.

Does it suck? Yes. It does. But it isn't some evil conspiracy.

I've been on pretty much every side of this scenario working in a shop that takes DevOps to an extreme some days. Yes, it's clear they have a bunch of bugs that crossed the pain-point in this patch, and other issues. Some days are just a parade of fail.

Having been on the giving end of multiple unscheduled downtimes in a week (had to do with a cascade of power, network issues, literally exploding hardware, and a second power outage at the end of the week), it's no picnic from their end. All you can do is get up, figure out what went wrong, and make sure it doesn't happen later.

I'm willing to bet a decent amount of the maint window is testing and provision for more things going wrong. It's definitely not a picnic on any end.