Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

Although I overall love this game, there is one thing that annoys greatly.

The color texture on the sith gear. Let me come with an example. The new War Hero and Black Hole / Campaign gear has very cool designs; however they also have those different color textures. Being a really hardcore sith fan (I even have Darth Vader tattoo,) the lag of plain black gear really is a thorn in my side.

Now I know we have the color system, but mostly it’s the chest piece that define the character look, and that’s the color which item are matching too.

I also know that a lot of that MMOS has to make different color textures in order to prevent everyone looking alike, however have you considered adding some more black versions of the different gear, or perhaps a coloring slot on the items? (could also be a boost for crafter economy)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans for being able to use joysticks and other devices rather than the mouse for space combat ? Also, is there any reasoning behind having the view during space missions locked in, where the ship spirals but your view doesn't? Flying in space to me means feeling the movements that my ship makes, and I'd like to see space combat where I can feel like I'm moving with my ship (not just playing a mini-game), dodging asteroids, as long as it's done right and not jerky and mind warping. Edited by Lan_West

With the recent server transfers & more transfers to come, servers will have a high population. This will be good for group missions & PVP but when doing solo missions you will have to now fight for & sometimes wait for respawns of objective mobs & destructible objects. Will anything be done to address this issue?

Like other mmos have, Will their ever be a day and night system and weather system placed into the game on planets??, It would be amazing too see the sunset on tatooine or see it rain or snow as you go about your daily adventures in the galaxy from planet too planet, Is their any ideas for this sort of feature in the future?

:sy_republic:

''For 800 hundred years i have trained jedi''

Why are so many crafted orange armor items class restricted for Light and Medium armor? This makes it difficult to gear out companions without them looking like other players companions. Is there any chance these can be revisited in a near future patch?

On April 1st, there was a mini-game video released to apparently allow players to take on the role of their ship droid and/or companions if I'm not mistaken. Even though this was revealed as an April Fool's joke, the idea of this actually seemed like it would be tons of fun and a quite interesting departure from the "norm". Any chance of this becoming a reality in the future?

How have you addressed the issue where many players do not enjoy playing both factions (as requirement to receive the hk companion?) For whatever reason many people feel that we should be able to obtain the same content via single factions as that is our prefered play style, and that the current intended design is unfair to these players. Edited by Razdek

Are their any plans to add an Armstech schematic into the game that requires 2 Zal Alloy and 2 Durasteel AND has a chance to drop MK6 Augment Kit pieces? Currently both Synthweaving and Armormech can craft belts that require 2 of each of their respective grade 6 materials and can drop the MK6 pieces, but Armstech is stuck making guns that require 4 and 6, double and triple the amount that Synth and Armor need. This seems like a major oversight when Armstech is already the least useful crafting skill with no Rakata level schematics and no sway or use in the vanity market.

Will there be a server balance soon i'm on sith meditation sphere and I'm a die hard swtor fan. The issue is I am the current guild leader on both the republic and empire side all are guildies still play on this server witch use to have a moderate server population, but due to server transfers and the PST server people transferred to the industry populated servers. By that I mean the servers with the more popular guilds and MMO gaming site rendering pvp useless with that the republic side on moderate servers have a hard time queuing unless your 50 regardless of single cue or grouping this is true on other servers I tried.

In regards to new alien species being added.

Could not the alien species be a class onto itself? And could not the VO's for the aliens be in English or what ever language, while the VO's for those not of alien species reply be in the alien gibberish/subtitles?

We are after all playing the part of the alien species and are supposed to be able to understand the alien species language.

Is there currently any plans for something to be done about Ilum? It is actually a cool planet and has a lot of potential, the dedicated PvP area has some cool stuff going on, the dailys and weekly quests were done away with, is there any plans for the PvP area to be reworked?

I've seen this question come up multiple times, however I too am curious if there is at all going to be any implimentation of a more comprehensive character creation system? I find the current options are very limiting and does not allow me to explore my full creativity in designing an appearance for a character which I can be proud of. Also will there be an implimentation of a makeover vendor or even the option of learning a tradeskill allowing other players to apply agreed changes to a character's appearance?

When will you unlock all character creation options for one species for all classes? Especially the tattoos/facepaint for the various classes would be stellar to have for others! And while we're at it, when is a "face merchant" NPC coming (aka "image design"/"barber shop") that allows us to re-enter character creation and change everything about our character's look except faction and class so we can benefit from such new options (as well as the ones we unlock with the legacy system) without deleting and re-creating our character? Edited by Stubacca

What are you going to do about Ajunta Pall players who cannot player there 50s because they will not or cannot move data centers? We were told to be patient but now 1.3 comes out and for 2 weeks we haven't been able to play.