Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

With adaptive (social) gear, is there any chance that outfits like Imperial Trooper & Republic Officer will be made available for a wider public? E.g. moved from the CE vendor to the Security Key vendor (the CE vendor would be getting a new awesome outfit to sell ofc).

It'l be nice to see some companions get along with program this way;) "Sir! Lock and load, Sir!" :D

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will sages and sorcerers be getting a boost to there dps trees in the future? At the moment we are the weakest class dps wise AND the most squishiest. Assassins and shadows can out dps us in madness/balance specs. Will there be any change to make them glass cannons rather than glass BB guns?

Being a RPer I find it a problem on how we can't sit in most the chairs around the game world. I know that you've said before that you'll be adding new chairs to the game that will be sittabe. Instead of introducing new sittable chairs into the game have you thought of just adding a /sit_Chair emote this way we could sit in the old chairs aswell as the new ones?

When Legacy was introduced at the Guild Summit.. it was stated by DE that unlocks would require either a certain legacy level OR a large sum of credits. Obviously, when the feature went live, it requires both, what is the rationale for this change?

Are you planning on making High level content duel skinned, ie: the same operation for both factions but the skins are different for each?

I understand it will take more time, more information, more vocals but the epic battles dont feel right when fighting none true Imperials or Republic.

Small note, Explosive Conflict is totally Awesome attempt but i felt it lack EPIC feel with Explosion all over the place, ships doing flybys, i also understand the power a computer might have to have to pump out this but let us have the option to turn it down, I want to be totally immersed in the content, not running though large open areas with little happening around us

I'm not sure if these questions were ever asked or not so sorry for repeating:

We're able to inspect the gear on other players but not companions, why is this? Sometimes I'd like to see what other people have on their companions.

Will we, in sometime in the future, be able to confront the Dark Council and/or Jedi Council and their leaders (The Emperor/Grand Master)? I think it would make for an interesting raid, granted we most likely won't see this anytime this year or maybe next year but would this be a possibility?

Hi,

Regarding combat logs, would it be possible to have a detailed description of their format ? Moreover, what are the eventual evolutions planned for this file? (In particular regarding timestamps which are currently based on user's computer's time - which could be incorrect or on a different timezone - and could be based on the server time.)

I have a question regarding nerfs to various classes because of pvp. Wouldn't it be better to have abilities work one way in pvp and one way in pve? I do not pvp and have no plans to ever pvp, I play on a pve server because I like that style. It annoys me when my class gets a nerf because we are too hard to kill/ put out too much damage etc in pvp. I understand that it is hard to balance pvp between classes but why should people that do not pvp be punished because of it?

My question is about 1.3 before I xfer all my mods to various pieces of gear for its unique look.

How will set bonuses work, with social gear for example, which was pre 1.2? Can we simply move the mods to any pieces and the set bonus be xferable? Or perhaps if I rework my .... lets say rakata pve gear to take out alacrity and replace it; would I still be able to xfer the mods out to a "set for looks" and it recognize that its rakata and allow the set bonus?

In short, can you please explain in detail how the set bonuses will work when transferring sets to customs.

How does the "Match to Chest" option work? While it's a great feature, I often find that the colors on a chest piece aren't my style or just aren't that appealing. How hard would it be to give us the option to match items to, say, a leg slot item? Or to our helmets? It'd be great if we could choose one of the five principle equipment slots (head, chest, legs, gloves or boots) to match our outfits to!

A while back it was mentioned that there would be Rewards for Neutral alignment (in regards to Light/Dark choices).

How does this aspect of the game rank in priority; is it likely to be covered in an upcoming patch?

How does expertise affect healing in PvE environments, like Operations for instance? If all players are flagged for PvP, will the heals they receive get the expertise bonus? If not, what prevents it?

People are always disappointed when they lose the tie breaker in a Voidstar match, as though it was incorrectly judged. Any chance you could clarify the tiebreaker rules for us? I think it goes to whichever team got to the farthest door in the shorter amount of time, is that indeed the case? Thanks.

My question is in regards to the codex entries. Me, being the completionist I am, always try to check the codex for each planet I finish with a toon to see if I might of missed anything. For those items missing, that I can't readily figure out for myself, I will visit several of the fansites to see what the deal is with that particular entry. It seems there are many codex entries for each planet that either can't be completed on that planet (due to a bug or the entry being completing on another planet), or the unlock for the entry has been removed from the game (such as the Inquisitor title on Korriban and the Republic Heroic on Taris).

I was wondering what the reason was for removing some of these things from the game, and also what kind of time frame (if at all) are we looking for the codex to be updated to reflect what is actually obtainable in the game and from where. I figure this is probably something low on the list of priorities, but was just curious.

BJ

I have a questions, I don't know how much of a concern this is for other folks, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Why is there no distinction between the healing classes' spell animations aside from Sages and Sorcerers? Would it be that difficult to perhaps adjust the coloring to differentiate between Scoundrel/Operatives and Commando/Mercenaries? Perhaps one keeps the light green and the other gets a light blue? It would add a bit more visual diversity in the healing game. Edited by Vykas
typo

What ever happened to the proposed "coplay" system that one of the pre-release videos show cased?

Specifically, I could be level 40 and my friend who is level 20 could "companion" me so my abilities were downgraded that i could run flashpoints with him without destroying his XP and leveling progress?

This seems like a pretty critical issue right now with a lack of new players coming to the game and a hesitation to be "power leveled" or run through instances by higher level characters