Am I stupid ?

pellib

How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.

Not alot. The percentage of players that read the forums in games is much lower then you'd think.

If I were Bioware, I would have send a mail to every character on the origin servers AND a mail to the mail adress of your account. But I guess THAT was too obvious!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/sigh so many lazy people

Oh I got 2 emails, by the way, saying I have a free transfer available ..I look at their twitter even though i don't have twitter. I also bookmarked the server transfer status page ---> (http://www.swtor.com/transfer)

=] I also read into other MMO's a lot to see what's going on in their games.....i try to check out their forums, also (but sometimes i have to have an account active =\ ), to see what people are saying about the game...

Are you kidding me?

You are paying 15 dollars a month to play this game.

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING concerning this game, where is the first place a reasonable person would go to look for answers?

The game's website.

twitter

sorry...those last few posts are way off topic and don't belong here.

i'm different. i respect honesty and straightforwardness.

proactive communication.

explain to me how that is bad.

and i'll read it later...i'm out!!!

Its not bad, but they already proactively explained how transfers were going to work, and that since they are not forcing people to transfer at this time they don't know how its going to play out they are going to announce servers as they are ready to open to transfer. You are asking for information that doesn't exist and/or is subject to a lot of last minute change. Trying to communicate that would be even more confusing to the population at large then releasing for sure information as soon as its available. Transfers aren't closing any time soon, so its not like you need to know the exact second it happens.

it's simply funny...

I mean, a lot of people were waiting this transfer. During all these months devs have realesed interviews and post about the incoming transfer. I have read a tons of post of customer and devs debating this "patch", and now i realize there are also people who doesn't know about the SWTOR little universe.

And for those who says "i don't have time; i want e-mail; ect", i'm not against you, but this game is a MMO and as a MMO it continue to develop, and if you like spend time playing, you should visit the main website, to talk with your server community, take notice about patches and new content, and read about the others players differents point of view and the hints of your class. It's a good way to enjoy more the game.

sorry for my incorrect english and may the force be with you.

TL;DR: checking website it's funny and it's in the MMO nature

But then I have to sit there and keep refreshing my e-mail. Seems like a lot of work.

Definitely too much work. BW needs to develop some form of telepathy to let each individual player know when their server is eligible. Seriously, the various transfer related threads today have really shown me just how entitled this player base feels, and its ludicrous. These aren't forced mergers, so they have no need to inform you. Its an optional free service, and if you wish to partake, and the stickied threads, pointer on the launcher, etc aren't enough for you then I guess you're SOL.

In retrospect, the TOR community is starting to make the WoW forum community look like mature rational adults, and that was the biggest collection of whining trolls I'd ever met. In short, I'd like to answer the OP's title with "Yes"

Edited by mjmcooke

when's MZL xferring? is it origin, destination?

i must have missed that info...and if i did, i appologize.

if you would be so kind as to lead me to this info, i would greatly appreciate it!!

No one knows, most likely including Bioware. Balancing population is a fluid process. You can't pre announce what servers are gonna be eligible when and to where when you have to make those decisions as you go along.

This is not a patch, not new game content or a bug fix.

Server transfers that require the user to act also require Bioware to inform aforementioned users.

In Bioware's statement, it says clearly that once a Destination server fills up, other destinations will open for transfer.

Hence, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!

Active subscribers may be on vacation, business trips, finals, hospital etc. or cannot login due to other valid reasons.

If someone misses the transfer window to Destination server "X" and is later forced to move to Destination server "Y" and therefore cannot play with his guildmates anymore, that IS a big deal.

So, it is indeed Bioware's responsibility to make a real effort and keep Origin Server subscribers updated and informed!

And they have about 8 different ways of letting them know. The subscriber who want to take advantage of this free and optional service should have enough interest to be able to follow one of them.

Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:

As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.

Not good enough.

I want you to take out a full page add in my local newspaper alerting me when it's time. A personal phone call from any of the devs would also suffice.

Edited by Kourage

I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?

i think bioware had a bunch of lawyers write up a big terms and agreements thing you have to electronically sign for in order to play the game that states your totally responsible for everything involving your account and this game thus releasing them of any dumb stuff you do to F* yourself over like not taking advantage of the well publicized free character transfer. id also like to point out the word free meaning a service you are NOT paying for. they are doing you a favor, and they owe you nothing more than what you already have.

Are you kidding me?

You are paying 15 dollars a month to play this game.

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING concerning this game, where is the first place a reasonable person would go to look for answers?

The game's website.

/this

This is not a patch, not new game content or a bug fix.

Server transfers that require the user to act also require Bioware to inform aforementioned users.

In Bioware's statement, it says clearly that once a Destination server fills up, other destinations will open for transfer.

Hence, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!

Active subscribers may be on vacation, business trips, finals, hospital etc. or cannot login due to other valid reasons.

If someone misses the transfer window to Destination server "X" and is later forced to move to Destination server "Y" and therefore cannot play with his guildmates anymore, that IS a big deal.

So, it is indeed Bioware's responsibility to make a real effort and keep Origin Server subscribers updated and informed!

No its not their responsibility because you don't understand the transfer process. Once an origin server has had its destination server announced this will not be changed. Doesn't matter if you hit the transfer button 1 minute after its announced or 1 week, it will be to the same server.

The only thing that will end this is when they stop this phase of free transfers completely and they have stated that they will give people notice well before that happens.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Is it just me, or does it seem like this game has a lot more people complaining and asking for things to be in the game, than people saying good things? I understand people usually don't come on here to talk good about the game, so the forums are mostly going to have negative comments... but I notice it a lot in-game also....

It is very demoralizing.

Edited by Brodysmith

Why should i have to check my e-mail to know what servers are going to be updated? I never check my e-mail.

Why should i have to log in to know transfers have opened up for my server, my server is lame and i'm never in-game.

Why can't they just mail me a letter saying my server has opened up for transfers... But i guess i don't usually check my mailbox either...

Could they just send in-person message delivery people to my house?

But wait... I'm usually not home?

Why should i have to check my e-mail to know what servers are going to be updated? I never check my e-mail. Why should i have to log in to know transfers have opened up for my server, my server is lame and i'm never in-game. Why can't they just mail me a letter saying my server has opened up for transfers... But i guess i don't usually check my mailbox either... Could they just send in-person message delivery people to my house? But wait... I'm usually not home?

*chuckle* I see what you did there. :D