Am I stupid ?

pellib

They've been telling players for months to check the forums for updates on server transfers for when and what servers will be involved.

That isn't good enough. Send me an automated email when it's time to move I don't spend my time refreshing homepages.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand that, why should I be responsible to check websites ? Why isn't it the providers responsibility to inform me ?

They do inform you, on the website. If a product has a recall they're not going door to door to let you know, they post it on their website.

hahah yes. It's never bioware's fault for their broken transfer tools.

actually i am blaming the players for not logging out while transfering.. thats a stupid thing to do.. who wouldt log out while undergoing a transfer?

seems like a boneahead thing to do.. sure bioware should have warned people, maybe locked logins until they were finished. but id like to think they were treating us like adults... seems that wasnt the best plan:P

i was under the impression it was fairly well spelled out in their dev post about it... though maybe i read to much into it when i read it the first time

not everyone reads the forums...

it's depressing.

that's my main issue...the Devs act like each day is their first day...

i got a guildy, Legacy 48+, that i told to check out a post i had...he hasn't logged onto the forums since beta. how's he supposed to know?

facebook, twitter, dude...totally awesome!!! (heavy, HEAVY sarcasm)

Wow, such laziness.

You are going to have a long, tough life.

it's called communication...

he's a PAYING customer...

it is now his responsibility to check the forums now, too?

*EDIT* that's why i'm pissed...

i gotta wake up early everday now in oredr to just CHECK if it's time to xfer...and i want to keep my names, so in order to do that, it is a must to be overly vigilant on the forums...

which is BS.

the communication, yet again, is schizer.

Edited by T-Assassin

You actually bring up a great point. Not sure what is going on with servers since I play on Fatman....but Bioware should be doing something in-game to let people know about servers.

The message about Server transfers has been on the launcher for a while. Do you want an in game cut scene telling you about it too?

But then I have to sit there and keep refreshing my e-mail. Seems like a lot of work.

I fear we are being Troll'd now surely! I mean seriously?! must you really sound so entitled that you feel the need to rant over how best you receive your information? Your not special my friend. Information is provided to you on both the Login downloader page and on their website. It's not BW or any other MMO companies fault that they don't ring you first and let you know about SWTOR 2.5 The Awakening or Rift blah blah blah is going epic in a month time.

Sheesh.

holy crap batman the server transfer advert takes up half the launcher do they need flashing neon signs ?

actually i am blaming the players for not logging out while transfering.. thats a stupid thing to do.. who wouldt log out while undergoing a transfer?

seems like a boneahead thing to do.. sure bioware should have warned people, maybe locked logins until they were finished. but id like to think they were treating us like adults... seems that wasnt the best plan:P

From the FAQ here http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5305

If you are playing one of these characters when you confirm your transfer, you will be logged off from that character and server until the transfer is complete.

So there must be a bug with the process they have to fix.

all he has to do is read the important notices on the Launcher and he will be fine.

but yes there is some responsibility with the customer about product info.

Edited by jarjarloves

People have been crying for months about getting server transfers, Everyone was in a hurry. Now that they have begun and a bug popped up and now need to do a main to fix the issue people are now crying about that, Guess some people will ***** no matter what they do.

all he has to do is read the important notices on the Launcher and he will be fine.

but yes there is some responsibility with the customer about product info.

i read them!!

did i know if my character was available for xfer until i logged in? nope.

some people don't have time to sit around...

So then Bioware has to do everything for him? o.O

The Launcher itself does a pretty good job of letting players know of things to come, or whats currently happening.

i read them!!

did i know if my character was available for xfer until i logged in? nope.

some people don't have time to sit around...

everyone has time to sit around an wait.. we have to wait atleast till tomorrow.. no point crying over spilled electrons and data piles.

dead serious.

so, i gotta wake up each morning early, before work, just to see if i can finally move my toon?

not very intuitive...

24 hour notice...problem solved.

you will be moved sometime in the near future..not today...but clearly before the game closes...

hang in their tiger.. the world only will get brighter from here.

dead serious.

so, i gotta wake up each morning early, before work, just to see if i can finally move my toon?

not very intuitive...

24 hour notice...problem solved.

you checking the page that lists server transfers once a day before you play... problem solved

checking the website once a day takes the same amount of time as checking your e-mail once a day waiting for a notice

Edited by Liquidacid

I do think that the people that browse forums and frequently check this website are a minority. I don't read this or that on this site. I have unsubbed and had no clue about transfers until a friend of a friend told me and I think that lots of former players have no idea that transfers is happening.

On Kellers Void prior to my transferring off there was a red admin message about transfers in chat with the link quite frequently.

I don't see how anyone who actually is logged onto a source server that has transfers active could possible miss this or not know where to go.

everyone has time to sit around an wait.. we have to wait atleast till tomorrow.. no point crying over spilled electrons and data piles.

i have time?

let's see...i'll be leaving in about 30 minutes, and will not get home until very late...

only to have to wake up at 7am (like i had to this morning) to see if i could move my toon...

of course, i couldn't...

anybody that argues about how one values their time more than someone elses, shouldn't.