Am I stupid ?

pellib

I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?

Yuo WILL get an E-mail too.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me?

You are paying 15 dollars a month to play this game.

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING concerning this game, where is the first place a reasonable person would go to look for answers?

The game's website.

This or you know.... check the news on the launcher....

Yup, it seems to be so. :confused:

Yea, its your responsibility to check the forums/account page/launcher window/twitter/facebook/in-game announcements/email if you'd like to take advantage of the free optional service being provided.

What is the difference between checking the website and checking you e-mail? Oh that's right, NONE! You open a browser, you type in a web address, Done! Oh wait, no it ain't cause you still need to log in to your mail. Besides if you cared even a little bit about playing the game, you would be checking the site at least once in a while.

I believe that the arguments in this thread can be summed up thusly:

It is the players responsibility to actually attempt to communicate with others in some fashion, or they will not hear news.

This seems like a remarkably coherent argument, honestly. Also, it's not like this is extraordinarily time sensitive. An hour or twelve really is NOT going to make a hell of a lot of difference to most folks.

Yea, its your responsibility to check the forums/account page/launcher window/twitter/facebook/in-game announcements/email if you'd like to take advantage of the free optional service being provided.

An ingame pop up or mail renders all of the above, and any complaints moot.

As indeed would any sort of rough schedule (as Mythic did with Warhammer Server Merges).

As for twitter, if you can face wading through endless rubbish about "what is the favourite lunch at Bioware", all you are actually told is to go to the server transfer website anyway. :eek:

As indeed would any sort of rough schedule (as Mythic did with Warhammer Server Merges).

As for twitter, if you can face wading through endless rubbish about "what is the favourite lunch at Bioware", all you are actually told is to go to the server transfer website anyway. :eek:

Well then there you go, as there are emails, and apparantly are in game notices, from what I gather much the same as the announcements made when servers are coming down. What was funny was even after all that was told several people have still been complaining that they weren't getting emails with advanced notice. Entitled brats.

Edited by mjmcooke

Seems you missed it :

Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:

As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.

I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?

You get an email when u be able to transfer, but if u want check the updates in the forum too. :)

Well then there you go, as there are emails, and apparantly are in game notices, from what I gather much the same as the announcements made when servers are coming down. What was funny was even after all that was told several people have still been complaining that they weren't getting emails with advanced notice. Entitled brats.

So there are ingame pop ups when you log in telling you that you can transfer and ingame mails sent when you can then? Nice. :)

So there are ingame pop ups when you log in telling you that you can transfer and ingame mails sent when you can then? Nice. :)

Not sure about in game mail, think its just email to whatever address is tied to your account, but in game announcements yes.

How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.

Its right there on the launcher screen TWICE! Wake up. You and your friends. This is some how Bio's fault? That you have to have your hand held? Give me a break. "Free character transfers now available. Find out more". And again at the top of the launcher.

You actually bring up a great point. Not sure what is going on with servers since I play on Fatman....but Bioware should be doing something in-game to let people know about servers.

Ok, This post here made me feel like responding

You say Bioware needs to do something in-game to let people know about the transfers

When you opened up your launcher today, and logged in to launch the game, you didnt happen to notice the post ON THE LAUNCHER that stated "Free Character Transfers now available to selected servers" with a corresponding link to the information?

They post in several places to give the information, they even post on social media sites like facebook and twitter because they know alot of the current world uses them as a communication tool.

In my mind, when you consider it being on the website, on the launcher, on social media sites....what more can they do?

I'm not one so bold as to think that my 15$ a month entitles me to a phone call from the company to notify me of anything going on with the game, i know that it is my responsibility if i wish to know about things to check for info on the related points of reference.

Not saying that you are thinking this, but it does seem that at times people tend to think 15$ a month is worth alot more than it actually is...

And as I am sure has already been mentioned, i believe people on servers flagged as eligible receive an in-game notification that their server is eligible for transfer.

Pretty sure they are doing plenty to inform the community of said transfers

Edited by mithrelkhaar

I had some luck with this game for once.. Havent been playing for weeks.. Then i check the forums yesterday, for the first time in a while.. Character transfer from my server to Freedom Nadd.. Awesome! All my toons were divided between those two servers anyway.. And all of this with 3 days left on my subsricption!.. Nice timing!

Now i have leveled toons, in every class, on both factions, on a busy server, just waiting for me to come back to this game whenever its worth playing again.. Someday.. Perhaps..

You guys have fun..

o/

I had some luck with this game for once.. Havent been playing for weeks.. Then i check the forums yesterday, for the first time in a while.. Character transfer from my server to Freedom Nadd.. Awesome! All my toons were divided between those two servers anyway.. And all of this with 3 days left on my subsricption!.. Nice timing!

Now i have leveled toons, in every class, on both factions, on a busy server, just waiting for me to come back to this game whenever its worth playing again.. Someday.. Perhaps..

You guys have fun..

o/

I'm one of those lucky ones as well :D

My Imp guild was on The Shadow Runner, but many of us had rolled Rep alts on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, to enjoy a lively server. Now we get to reunite them!

I'm not sure why there's so many people claiming they don't let you know if you're eligible for a transfer. This came in my email at 3:17 Pacific Time June 12, 2012:

Greetings,

We are happy to announce that one or more of your characters are available for our Free Character Transfer Service. To begin your character transfer, please sign in to your account here and select "Character Transfer" from the left-side navigation. If you are in a guild, be sure to coordinate with your guildmates and reform your guild after transferring to the destination server.

So, for what it's worth, they ARE in fact informing people via email when their accounts are eligible for a transfer.

Edited by Jimer_Lins

I'm one of those lucky ones as well :D

My Imp guild was on The Shadow Runner, but many of us had rolled Rep alts on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, to enjoy a lively server. Now we get to reunite them!

Thats exactly what i did aswell, lol

Around here:

Everything is the players fault.

That's the gaming industry for you. IF, and it's a big IF, the gaming industry survives corporate take over you'll see customer service improve but unfortunately at the expense of gaming quality.

However as it is the kind of people that have the largest prescense in the gaming industry are those Wal-Mart people that when you ask them where the milk is at they answer you in 3 word sentences while never making eye contact and then look angered or frustrated about the interaction. I don't mean just employees in the gaming industry but the gamers themselves as well.

A lack of professionlism and low expectations leads the gamers to act like a bunch of offended piranha when someone expects something out of a paid service.

Greetings everyone!

We recently removed several posts from this thread for not being in compliance with our Rules of Conduct.

While we do welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, we ask that your feedback is constructive. For better understanding on helpful feedback, please refer to this thread by Allison Berryman.

As a reminder, please keep the following in mind when replying:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please report it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the report function to report their post.

We encourage you to please be constructive and civil in your posts. If rude and insulting behavior continues, we will be closing this thread.

As a reminder, this was posted earlier by Online Community Manager, Joveth Gonzalez:

Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:

As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.

Thank you!

Edited by Ellvaan

I'm not sure why there's so many people claiming they don't let you know if you're eligible for a transfer. This came in my email at 3:17 Pacific Time June 12, 2012:

So, for what it's worth, they ARE in fact informing people via email when their accounts are eligible for a transfer.

people automatically assume that because THEY didnt get information from bioware personally ie an email... to inform them that their characters are not being moved.. then obviously bioware isnt doing anything to foster a sense of communication between us and them during the transfer phase..

when in actuality they just havent recieved a transfer yet, and when they do they will recieve the email like you did, and then they will all be like.. damn it.. how did my foot get in my mouth, but of course.. few if any will admit it on the forums they were wrong:P

They do inform you, on the website. If a product has a recall they're not going door to door to let you know, they post it on their website.

:) Actually, if you have registered a product that is recalled, they do inform you by email / letter that there is a recall.