Am I stupid ?

pellib

Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:

As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.

Hey Joveth, You last link is broken because you miss spelled swtor.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?

What you need to know: BW/EA aren't making the money they thought they would as 400K ppl that launched with this game haven't renewed their subscription. However this is a good move - wrong reason.

It is up to you to ask people on your server or check the updates on your account. It's not difficult to transfer toons just really aggravating as you may not get the names you want or go the sever you would pick.

You're correct about the game that's it's purpose, these moves come down (IMHO) to panicing over the money. A whole ton of people cannot afford any mmo right now, there's serious resistance from factions of other games, and a whole lotta people really love to rip into companies every chance they get. Those are wowzers and being an ex wow person a lot of the hate and rage on and aboiut this game comes from them...they do it in game and are not censured by Blizz.

So look back tomorrow you may transfer you may be getting new ppl either way it will be good for playing the game.

Around here:

Everything is the players fault.

Honestly? Amost all of us would know this as most of us have MMO XP and have done this before. No harm in not knowing...means you may be an actual normie!

They are sending out e-mails...

Well. They can stop popping. All I want to know is which servers are the transfers going to which server. I would be well not happy but satisfied with that knowledge

Fair enough ;)

What would be helpful to see is a compilation of source and destination servers, so players not elected for the transfer and still willing to transfer would know where their friends landed,

You mean like the sticked server transfer post?

And before you ask, no I won't post a link. I might feed trolls once in a while, but not buying them groceries.

done! thanks! +1 for not calling me Jonathan...

If I say that 3 times will something strange happen? :p

(+10 in all forum rage deflection abilities if you get ref)

Edited by Eillack

Not reading 14 pages, but the OP is right. Server transfers should be communicated ingame to the players, it's just common sense.

There are always people cycling through re-subbing, as well as those who may not actively read guild or sw forums who need to be informed. As a community we can talk to our own guildies, but the overall responsibility lies with Bioware.

There should have been mass account mails, not just to active accounts, but to those who are unsubbed. Character transfers should perhaps be available even if unsubbed. Tons of people may return once ranked WZs are implemented.

If an ingame announcer can be implemented for the word plague; there should be one for this. If we can have ingame popups for emergency downtimes; there should be one for this.

Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:

There was no posting on the newsgroup alt.server.pleasegodhelpmeBW - this oversight is totally unacceptable! :D

I/You/General public, knew about server transfer during e3 when they announced it...

If you play games and do not participate in reading coverage of the largest game conference, there is nothing people can do about it. If you are invested in a game following the coverage shouldn't be that big a deal.

Cluing into patch notes should be a good indicator of being ready for new things.

*** is e3?

Playing this game requires to know about e3 how?

Not reading 14 pages, but the OP is right. Server transfers should be communicated ingame to the players, it's just common sense.

There are always people cycling through re-subbing, as well as those who may not actively read guild or sw forums who need to be informed. As a community we can talk to our own guildies, but the overall responsibility lies with Bioware.

There should have been mass account mails, not just to active accounts, but to those who are unsubbed. Character transfers should perhaps be available even if unsubbed. Tons of people may return once ranked WZs are implemented.

If an ingame announcer can be implemented for the word plague; there should be one for this. If we can have ingame popups for emergency downtimes; there should be one for this.[/Quote]

You really should read those pages....

•The forums

•The launcher

•The front page of our site

•Our Twitter account

•Our Facebook account

•http://www.swtor.com/transfer

•Ongoing in-game announcements for the origin servers when they are made available to transfer

•An email that is sent at the end of each day to all accounts on the eligible origin servers

If you even try to say they arnt doing everything within reason from above.... well I honestly have no idea what to tell you until we have mastered telepathy.

Edited by SydiousSWG

If an ingame announcer can be implemented for the word plague; there should be one for this. If we can have ingame popups for emergency downtimes; there should be one for this.

I never really read the forums either until I could quite obviously see that my server had the issue of being empty.

If someone misses the transfer window to Destination server "X" and is later forced to move to Destination server "Y" and therefore cannot play with his guildmates anymore, that IS a big deal.

Please don't spread misinformation...that isn't how the process works. BW has said, repeatedly, that if server "Y" is the designated destination server for "X", it will remain so, for the foreseeable future. Server "Y" will not be closed for transfers from "X". This is specifically so that guilds do not get fractured. They also said that if it becomes necessary to change this policy, we will have plenty of advance notice.

People have been crying for months about getting server transfers, Everyone was in a hurry. Now that they have begun and a bug popped up and now need to do a main to fix the issue people are now crying about that, Guess some people will ***** no matter what they do.

Is releasing things on time AND in proper working order such a foreign concept to some of you?

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Ongoing in-game announcements for the origin servers when they are made available to transfer

An email that is sent at the end of each day to all accounts on the eligible origin servers

If this has been implemented then fair play to Bioware (can't confirm yet as my server hasnt been selected). Emailing ALL accounts is good to see as well. There are a lot of unsubbed players it would be good to see back, particularly those who dropped due to pop issues.

How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.

Its been on the boards, its been on their tweets, its been on the front page, hitting you right in the face when you log in, its been in general chat....its been everywhere Sam I am...

Is releasing things on time AND in proper working order such a foreign concept to some of you?

For an ongoing, living, breathing world filled with over a million players, it is not possible. For that fist person shooter you've played, it is, but not for a MMORPG. Never has happened, never will.

**snip**

Might certainly be too late, but how about adding an option in the account page to let player notify you if they are interested in character transfer and from which server (choose 1)

You could also ask: what's your main faction?

That would help you better identify how to merge the servers and eventually balance the population.

Finally an automated email could be sent to players that have characters on elected servers.

Edited by Deewe