Am I stupid ?

pellib

sorry...those last few posts are way off topic and don't belong here.

i'm different. i respect honesty and straightforwardness.

proactive communication.

explain to me how that is bad.

and i'll read it later...i'm out!!!

Edited by T-Assassin

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again I say Stripper-grams would solve this entire problem... everyone loves getting news in the form of a lap dance :)

You may be on to something here my friend, you should monopolize this before someone else steals it D:

dude, really...

i just got done for the day, waiting for a phone call to go to my buddy's...

so, AT THIS TIME, i do have time to waste...about an hour...

then use this time to reafirm your knowledge of the transfer system.. re read everything and then when you have a firm grasp of how it will work I am sure you will see that your requests are a bit over reactive and over reaching, and you will likely (hopefully) learn that like the rest of us you will be able to wait until tomorrow morning to see if your server will be on the list..

if not you might have to check back on the forums later in the day considering they said they will be updating the list as new servers join the transfer lists..

I really hope that you can use this time constructively and that the reading you do helps you better understand the transfer process. If it doesn't I am sure you will be returning to our forums soon to cry a bit more about not getting enough notice ahead of time...

In the post where you were nagging about that players are lazy and expect to be told and blah blah

Sorry got the wrong guy here. I never called any one lazy and expected to be told and blah and blah.

Sorry got the wrong guy here. I never called any one lazy and expected to be told and blah and blah.

Sorry, got you mixed up with someone else. I will doublecheck before posting next time.

sorry...those last few posts are way off topic and don't belong here.

i'm different. i respect honesty and straightforwardness.

proactive communication.

explain to me how that is bad.

and i'll read it later...i'm out!!!

Just reading your post history is a large hint. :rolleyes: Let alone the posts in this thread on how you will not accept the most simple of concepts. Though I guess I am guilty as well for feeding you this much.

Edited by Eillack

This is not a patch, not new game content or a bug fix.

Server transfers that require the user to act also require Bioware to inform aforementioned users.

In Bioware's statement, it says clearly that once a Destination server fills up, other destinations will open for transfer.

Hence, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!

Active subscribers may be on vacation, business trips, finals, hospital etc. or cannot login due to other valid reasons.

If someone misses the transfer window to Destination server "X" and is later forced to move to Destination server "Y" and therefore cannot play with his guildmates anymore, that IS a big deal.

So, it is indeed Bioware's responsibility to make a real effort and keep Origin Server subscribers updated and informed!

Server transfers that require the user to act also require Bioware to inform aforementioned users.

In Bioware's statement, it says clearly that once a Destination server fills up, other destinations will open for transfer.

Active subscribers may be on vacation, business trips, finals, hospital etc. or cannot login due to other valid reasons.

If someone misses the transfer window to Destination server "X" and is later forced to move to Destination server "Y" and therefore cannot play with his guildmates anymore, that IS a big deal.

So, it is indeed Bioware's responsibility to make a real effort and keep Origin Server subscribers updated and informed!

Did you see the Dev's post from earlier? They even send an e-mail to the account holder. Pretty sure they're on top of that.

EDIT: Also, business trips, finals, hospitals ~ I would think there would be more important things to worry about than SWTOR at this point.

Edited by Daikeru

you dont know if there are allowances for things of that nature.. but that being said.. we all know server transfers are this week.. they announced it a week + ago.. if we are to stupid to notice that bioware never sent us an email, and still we dont bother to look on the forums for the answer if we are transfering or not, I cant FULLY blame bioware if someone misses a transfer or not.. and i highly doubt that bioware will just send out tons and tons of transfers and once the server fills up to bad. I am assuming, (yes assuming i know) but id assume bioware would ensure that everyone they send a request out to will have a spot on the destination server..

but who knows

It is in the launcher when you log on. It tells you to go tot he forums and check. The forums tell you to check back regularly for updates. You have to go to the forums and log in to start your character transfers. You can't do it any other way.

They also used facebook, twitter among other things that direct you to the forums. If they send you an email, where they going to tell you where to go? I bet it is the forums where it says keep checking back.

i was under the impression it was fairly well spelled out in their dev post about it... though maybe i read to much into it when i read it the first time

It's funny that you guys are so eager to point out that such a small % of the player base reads the forums when it helps you explain why they make sure to post more info on twitter than they do here and so on.

If so few players read the forums, it would be logical to assume that very few players know many details about the transfer process, or are even aware that it exists. They should probably be even more proactive in making people aware of their options.

It's funny that you guys are so eager to point out that such a small % of the player base reads the forums when it helps you explain why they make sure to post more info on twitter than they do here and so on.

If so few players read the forums, it would be logical to assume that very few players know many details about the transfer process, or are even aware that it exists. They should probably be even more proactive in making people aware of their options.

show me where i have ever said a small percentage of people look at the forums...

if you are to silly to come to the forums when there is something as huge as a server transfer in place, You can hardly blame anyone but yourself for not having information

for clarification i hate that they post on twitter or facebook at all.. but thats just a personal hate because i hate twitter and fb:P

show me where i have ever said a small percentage of people look at the forums...

if you are to silly to come to the forums when there is something as huge as a server transfer in place, You can hardly blame anyone but yourself for not having information

I'm simply restating what I read around here a lot. I didn't specifically mean you when I said that, although it gets thrown around quite a bit on here.

A lot of people seem to believe that 10% or even less of a game's player base actually visit the forum on a regular basis, I for one have friends who play this game that wouldn't have even known about the upcoming transfers without me specifically telling them about it. So it's not a very big stretch of the imagination to assume that my friends aren't the only ones that are completely out of the loop.

A LOT of people don't visit the forums much, if at all, so really, it's not that silly at all.

Edited by Celebrus

I don't know how necessary a personal e-mail is, but really, it can't be that hard to punch out a copy/paste message to be sent to players that have active *or* inactive accounts with characters on a server that is listed as an origin server.

It would also probably go a long way in making people who aren't playing the game anymore aware of the transfers, maybe pull some old players back in.

Edited by Celebrus

I don't know how necessary a personal e-mail is, but really, it can't be that hard to punch out a copy/paste message to be sent to players that have active *or* inactive accounts with characters on a server that is listed as an origin server.

It would also probably go a long way in making people who aren't playing the game anymore aware of the transfers, maybe pull some old players back in.

They are sending out e-mails...

Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:

As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.

They are sending out e-mails...

Oh. Well there we go. I guess I wasn't completely out of my mind with that idea then.

Thanks for making me aware of that Lupie. I think I may have even glanced over that already, not sure why that part didn't stick.

Just so you know I wasn't trying to complain about it, just trying to say that there are definitely people that would be better served with e-mail notification.

Edited by Celebrus

is asking for 24hr notice sayin my time is more important than the next fella...

if you say so. that's not what i was sayin.

I/You/General public, knew about server transfer during e3 when they announced it...

If you play games and do not participate in reading coverage of the largest game conference, there is nothing people can do about it. If you are invested in a game following the coverage shouldn't be that big a deal.

Cluing into patch notes should be a good indicator of being ready for new things.

Around here:

Everything is the players fault.

Because they dont bother to look up information they seek...YES THAT IS THE PLAYERS FAULT!!!

Some people have gotten so lazy they demand everything handed to them. Do some dang research and answer your questions...

Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:

As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.

Fair enough ;)

What would be helpful to see is a compilation of source and destination servers, so players not elected for the transfer and still willing to transfer would know where their friends landed,

Edited by Deewe

They already said in devtracker that transfers from an origin to a specific destination server will remain available for a long while. If a destination server "fills up", that just means no other servers will be opened for transfer to it.

So there's no golden window of time, and you won't be moved to a different server than your friends or guildmates. No need to panic :-)