RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Then they need to commit that SOMETHING WILL happen. If I've learned one thing in my life a career the only person who looks after you is you, and noone is going put themselves out for you unless you demand it.

What is going to happen is the bleed will continue, and people will keep leaving the game.

Unless BW can restore faith.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that completely relates here, yeah, I see the correlation.... err, no I don't. :confused:

If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't Daniel Erickson that said the above...

But it fits perfectly:

BioWare says <<<<----->>>> BioWare does

There is a huge gap of what they are telling and what they are doing. ;)

Oh that completely relates here, yeah, I see the correlation.... err, no I don't. :confused:

If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't Daniel Erickson that said the above...

Can you confirm your MAIN legacy is on this server (I'm sure I already know the answer), so I'm going to make the next suggestion. This doesn't effect you so go away...

Are you Stephen reid in disguise you are looking more like a Bw shill the more you brown nose up

Can you confirm your MAIN legacy is on this server (I'm sure I already know the answer), so I'm going to make the next suggestion. This doesn't effect you so go away...

Well, if you're not wanting an objective voice of reason and just want to have a tantrum and express how you feel, go right ahead.

If you're on the server, though, I submit that objectivity is going to be extremely difficult...

Apparently this affect him, but he dont know it yet..

There are rumors that BW are prepared to rise month fee for 20$ as «new exciting contend will be up in 1.4.. »

Sure.. it is because of content and nothing more..

I'm pretty sure this issue affects all rp -pvp servers other than Ven Zallow and Jung Ma which will probably merge into a mediocre-popped server (Ajunta Pall is in its own region). Not cool.

All rp-pvp servers should be flagged as origin servers with transfers to pvp servers as destination servers if there's no way to give players a choice between rp and pvp.

We're really going to be dealing with 10k+ annoyed customers, not just LC's.

If we just had a x-server lfg/wz most of this wouldn't matter so much.

How is Ajunta Pall in it's own region? i am curiuos to know on this,why dont they just merge the three NA RP-PvP servers?

I really dont know the answer for the EU servers due to language etc but it would seem the NA RP-PvP servers could be merged into one.

Well, if you're not wanting an objective voice of reason and just want to have a tantrum and express how you feel, go right ahead.

If you're on the server, though, I submit that objectivity is going to be extremely difficult...

objective?!?! don't make me laugh. Every post you have made has been against the people of this server asking to be treated exactly the same as everyone else. You aren't even on this server, I've checked and this doesn't even effect you. Tomorrow you're getting the option of transfer or an influx of players to solve your server's population issues, however we aren't which is the whole point.

Quite simply I'm not interested in your opinon because the discussion about transfers on this server doesn't effect you, just keep your nose out of it.

I really dont know the answer for the EU servers due to language etc

btw.. There is hardly an argument concerning «language option» because there is 20+ languages in Europe alone and only 3 «official» language Rp-PvP servers..

There is a lot of Russians (for example) who know the English at the «Hello/Goodbye/F..ck yslf» level. But still playing the game..

So even if 3 European RP-PvP will be merged - there is will be not so much inconvenience as to play on Deserted server..

Alright with the new German response I have to say all of this is huge BS, once again. You're once more releasing something that hasn't been thought through properly.

If you guys are not going to offer Lord Calypho as destination for anyone to transfer to, what the heck are you expecting to happen to the population there? It will go down, obviously. And at an even more rapid pace than before when transfers open tomorrow. Why? Simple, people will either unsub or reroll somewhere else having had enough of your policies.

The smartest thing you can do now is to at least open Lord Calypho up for us to transfer away from there. At least this way you spare yourself losing some subs. Seriously, I'll be pretty grumpy when everyone starts enjoying high population servers again, especilly in combination with LFG tools and ranked warzones and I'll still be stuck with 20 people on the fleet at primetime.

Oh, and please shove us some english speaking community Rep into this thread...

objective?!?! don't make me laugh. Every post you have made has been against the people of this server asking to be treated exactly the same as everyone else. You aren't even on this server, I've checked and this doesn't even effect you. Tomorrow you're getting the option of transfer or an influx of players to solve your server's population issues, however we aren't which is the whole point.

Quite simply I'm not interested in your opinon because the discussion about transfers on this server doesn't effect you, just keep your nose out of it.

No thanks.

Obviously, I haven't made myself clear. How can you be treated "exactly the same" as everyone else if there are no other servers of your type in your region? Quite obviously a different route will have to be taken for your special circumstance to reach the same goal as everyone else.

Which will be done.

To expect the solution for a different circumstance is ludicrous. So what if the same-server-type-and-region method doesn't work for you if a tailored solution that specifically fits your special needs does work, and results in a populated server?

How can I be "against the people of this server" when I have been pointing out how they WILL help you? Defies reason... All I've done is point out how them stating the obvious, that you have no same-server-types in your region does not somehow magically mean they're leaving you high-and-dry.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

How is Ajunta Pall in it's own region? i am curiuos to know on this,why dont they just merge the three NA RP-PvP servers?

I really dont know the answer for the EU servers due to language etc but it would seem the NA RP-PvP servers could be merged into one.

I posted it two pages before:

Once again a brand new CM answer on the problematic with RP-PvP transfers. Posted from the CM at 6:45 PM.

German version:

Ok, hier die Infos, die ihr haben wolltet, auch wenn sie einigen von euch nicht gefallen werden ...

Wir haben uns in diesem ersten Schritt entschlossen, nur zwischen den gleichen Servertypen zu transferieren. Das bedeutet nur von PvP zu PvP, RP-PvE zu RP-PvE, PvE zu PvE und RP-PvP zu RP-PvP.

Für die europäischen RP-PvP-Server bedeutet das, wie wir alle wissen, dass in diesem ersten Schritt keine Transfers stattfinden werden.

Wir alle wissen, dass RP-PvP-Server tendentiell zu den kleineren Servern gehören. Aus diesem Grund hatten wir zunächst diesen Servertyp nicht einmal vorgesehen. Die Community hat sich zum Launch RP-PvP-Server gewünscht und wir möchten diesen Servertyp gerne für die begeisterten RP-PvP-Spieler erhalten. Ihr konntet ja selbst im Laufe der Diskussion hier sehen, dass es auch unter den Spielern auf Jen'jidai keine Einigkeit gibt, wer wann wohin transferieren soll.

Ich kann euch versichern, dass wir hier ständig ein Auge auf die Situation auf den RP-PvP-Servern haben werden und eingreifen, falls es nötig werden sollte.

Translated & Summarized:

In the first step of the transfers only same server type transfers are possible. Yet there is only one RP-PvP server per European region, they are not included in the transfers starting tomorrow.

Bla bla bla bla we are sorry bla bla bla bla.

We always take a look on the server population to ensure a high amount of game quality and fun.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

_____

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348&page=22

Edited by LovarBoy

Objectively the population in Lord Calypho is low. And after they deny us transfers it will only get lower. Many people will feel treated as 2nd category customers and quit. Even if they don't - guess what - the population is stil... yes low. So forgive us our feeling being disrespected and our subjective impatience to be on par with everyone else available to play the game we pay the same money for. And with regard to monitoring things by Bioware - give me a break. They already can't see a problem.

I cannot see any reason in your posts although you are clearly trying to outsmart everyone who is raising valid complains against no transfer for us.

Edited by vandana_

Objectively the population in Lord Calypho is low. And after they deny us transfers it will only get lower. Many people will feel treated as 2nd category customers and quit. Even if they don't - guess what - the population is stil... yes low. So forgive us our feeling being disrespected and our subjective impatience to be on par with everyone else available to play the game we pay the same money for. And with regard to monitoring things by Bioware - give me a break. They already can't see a problem.

I cannot see any reason in your posts although you are clearly trying to outsmart everyone who is raising valid complains against no transfer for us.

I've read all the posts. There is nowhere in there where they said they DON'T have an alternative solution for you guys, and that they WON'T help out the population issue.

To somehow divine that conclusion from the posts is what's unreasonable.

Also, after the first phase, transfers will be open to you, as it's not restricted to server types and regions.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I've read all the posts. There is nowhere in there where they said they DON'T have an alternative solution for you guys, and that they WON'T help out the population issue.

Yeah, they also didn't specifically tell us we are not getting a golden pony so I guess we should count on getting one.

btw.. There is hardly an argument concerning «language option» because there is 20+ languages in Europe alone and only 3 «official» language Rp-PvP servers..

There is a lot of Russians (for example) who know the English at the «Hello/Goodbye/F..ck yslf» level. But still playing the game..

So even if 3 European RP-PvP will be merged - there is will be not so much inconvenience as to play on Deserted server..

Ok say your doing a flashpoint wil it be in English,French,German? Or does it just depend on the person looking at the screen to what language is being put up? i dunno but i think thats the issue.

Yeah, they also didn't specifically tell us we are not getting a golden pony so I guess we should count on getting one.

See what I mean? You can't be objective, not that I blame you.

But when a solution is provided for you, remember me trying help you all out, k? ;)

Also, after the first phase, transfers will be open to you, as it's not restricted to server types and regions.

Which if you read the text also might come at a cost. ;)

No seriously. I think it is only fair that they invent a solution for everyone at once. Otherwise people will obviously feel left out. It is not the active players' fault that the game is losing subs like crazy leaving behind ghost town servers. Apart from that, it doesn't take much more IQ than a donut has in order to figure out "hey, let's allow them to transfer away to any PVP or RP-PVE server".

No thanks.

Obviously, I haven't made myself clear. How can you be treated "exactly the same" as everyone else if there are no other servers of your type in your region? Quite obviously a different route will have to be taken for your special circumstance to reach the same goal as everyone else.

Which will be done.

To expect the solution for a different circumstance is ludicrous. So what if the same-server-type-and-region method doesn't work for you if a tailored solution that specifically fits your special needs does work, and results in a populated server?

How can I be "against the people of this server" when I have been pointing out how they WILL help you? Defies reason... All I've done is point out how them stating the obvious, that you have no same-server-types in your region does not somehow magically mean they're leaving you high-and-dry.

If you had bothered to read any other post of mine I DID offer a solution. Those of use who would put being on a populated server as MORE important than being on RPPVP would be quite happy to move to RPPVE server or better still a standard PVP or PVE server. Just give us the option!

For the record they have NOT confirmed as of yet and details or time scales or future phases. In every single post I've made I have repeated their use of the word "MAY". MAY does not mean WILL.

You might want to get a dictonary or a thesaurus as i've used some long words, as I wouldn't want you to be confused!

Ok say your doing a flashpoint wil it be in English,French,German? Or does it just depend on the person looking at the screen to what language is being put up? i dunno but i think thats the issue.

How can this be an issue?

What your client language setup have to do with the game itself?

You can have German language on your client but play at the English server.. And vice-versa..

The server language is just an «official» language suggested to use..

You still can speak in your language in chat, whisper, ops, party..

Which if you read the text also might come at a cost. ;)

No seriously. I think it is only fair that they invent a solution for everyone at once. Otherwise people will obviously feel left out. It is not the active players' fault that the game is losing subs like crazy leaving behind ghost town servers. Apart from that, it doesn't take much more IQ than a donut has in order to figure out "hey, let's allow them to transfer away to any PVP or RP-PVE server".

I definitely do think BioWare needs to let these people know what the plan is. Hanging in limbo is no fun, and, as we have plainly seen, causes people to assume the worst based upon nothing.

Not to mention completely disregard the fact that the "RP-PvP to RP-PVP only" stipulation is only for the very first part of the first phase.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I really cant see why bioware should be so stubborn about the "unique" tag of RP-PVP servers. It isnt like we play on a server with a "unique" RP ruleset or anything. The only thing that is "unique" is just th two letters R and P nothing else. The only thing i can see why is that they dont want to lose the RP servers, but then on the other hand they maybe should open them up as destination servers. Or actually i can see another reason as well, Bioware didnt think things through before posting the blog and now they childishly stick by that policy no matter the cost.