The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cathar!

Seriously. Cathar are fine. They've been around since KOTOR 1. I'm not a furry, nor do I know any furries, but I know plenty of people excited about Cathar nonetheless. What's the BFD?

Bioware implements Togruta instead? People whine about the clipping and complain that Bioware does nothing right and who the hell wanted Togruta anyway omg bw sucks cant do ne thing right im unsubbing whine whine whine some more.

Actually, they have been around since before then; since 1994 in the first issue of "Tales of the Jedi" comic book by Dark Horse if I'm not mistaken. (Incidentally, why can't Bioware give us the cool Jedi armor worn by the cathar jedi in that first issue of "Tales of the Jedi"?)

I don't mind the cathar species and I might possibly even play one later, but I would rather have the more iconic droid, togruta, nautolan, ithorian, wookie, kel dor, mon calarmari, dug, or devaronians. I understand that the cathar might be more popular than most of those species and the ones they are not more popular than would be a difficult challenge to implement effectively as a character species in the game, thus pushing back any potential release date of said species. Someone at Bioware has already come out and said that the cathar are the first and that if the options of having a new species to play prove to be popular, then they will create more species for players to use.

So, I hope the cathar prove to be very popular so that I can get my togruta and wookie species. Bioware might even already be working on any one of those species now and are just not willing to discuss it because they are still unsure how it will turn out.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<Looking forward to making a female smuggler Cathar!

I'm making a trooper for that Aric Jorgan romance. Awww yeah. I was holding out in anticipation of cather (saw them coming a mile away) because I didn't want to romance him on a human, I'd get hung up on wondering if he has fish breath like my cat does and why she would ever kiss him. ;)

I would sell every single person in this thread for playable trandoshans or rodians though.

Cathar? Only Cathar? Seeing as the Mandalorians almost committed xenocide against them, and that the Cathar are overwhelmingly anti Empire and anti Mandalorian...

Shouldnt there be a second new race coming?

And where the heck did they say Cathar were coming? Anyone got a link?

Cathar? Only Cathar? Seeing as the Mandalorians almost committed xenocide against them, and that the Cathar are overwhelmingly anti Empire and anti Mandalorian...

Shouldnt there be a second new race coming?

And where the heck did they say Cathar were coming? Anyone got a link?

Television, they said it on Television.

I have no problem with cathar being the new species. I would have preferred nautolan, togruta, or kel-dor, but i'm sure some people are happy with this choice and that's all that matters because no matter what species they chose there would have been people that had a problem with it.

My only question is; isn't cathar really a republic only species? I mean am i the only one that can't really see a cathar being a SW, SI, or IA? That makes me think that Bioware does have other species planned they just don't really have them ready to be introduced yet. If i'm wrong tell me so i can be relieved of my ignorance lol, but as far as i remember there wasn't too many cathar on the Empire side(but yet it's been awhile since i last played the game)

• 2 months later...
Something without a human body perhaps? Ah no too much work...

We have one size/body fits all species and no one's noticing

Yea this design choice has been bugging my mind ever since i joined the game aswell.

Making a standard body selection whichever race you select leads to a very boring and monotone appearance overall from lots of players. You cover up your head and nobody can see what race you are...

I think i see the same 2 body types every wz i enter and thats the 2 (normal size) and the 3 (body guard size)

Nothing btw makes me lol more than to see a huge *** sorcerer with muscles and all that, because yea, the emperor visited the gym every day right? lol

Oh well, this is why swtor will never claim the mmo throne. Just too many design choice mistakes that has a huge impact on how you enjoy your individuality.

Making everyone do emotes the same way, dance, sit the same way etc. was the second.

Making the sets of main classes look the same but just color the advanced class sets differently was third mistake.

Take the assasin and sorcerer, do these 2 adv classes seem like they should have same look? One is a rogue ish attacker and other one is a mage kinda class..

horrible boring bw design, ppl will get bored fast (if not already)

and now we get a human that just looks like he got his face painted in an amusement park like a tiger :p

Edited by Steele_dk

Come Ere kitty kitty kitty :D

Cathar Bioware and Lucasarts respound to pandas!

BEHOLD OUR POWER!

we got both tigermen and Pandalorians Give up Blizzard you can't win on cutest races!!!

Edited by Heranara

I'm making a trooper for that Aric Jorgan romance. Awww yeah. I was holding out in anticipation of cather (saw them coming a mile away) because I didn't want to romance him on a human, I'd get hung up on wondering if he has fish breath like my cat does and why she would ever kiss him. ;)

I would sell every single person in this thread for playable trandoshans or rodians though.

Ha ha =) I'm also making a female Cathar for the Aric romance. Lucky guy I guess, lol

Wish they would release it soon, lvl:ing my Sith Warrior now so that I can start a new trooper asap when we get them.

Community: We want more species! GOD.

Bioware: We give you... CATHAR!

Community: We want a different one!

Bioware: ...

But seriously.

I hope the next one is trandoshan. I want to beat up a trooper named captain kirk in a hand to hand brawl as a trandoshan... really badly.

What do you guys want next?

(Ps: ty bioware for more species.)

I'd like for Bioware to become serious game developer. This is a freaking joke. This is the one thing I didn't hear from people who quit...people asking to play a cat person. New skins for the existing stories is most certainly NOT new content...it's just stupid imo.

You *think* you want Cathar, but oh how you people forget that Juhani the annoying character from KOTOR was a Cathar. Killing her when first meeting her was like a badge of honor because you spared yourself the agony of hearing "I WILL BE YOUR DOOM!" every time she was fighting someone.

Yeah, can't wait until half the Cathar dialogue is some iteration of that.

I hope we get a decent alien species. I would even be happy to buy them in the cash shop. I will need something to blow my cartel coins on. Hopefully Gran, Kel'dor, Trandoshan or anything less human looking.

pretty sure it's just human-reskinned, or bust.

That's...not quite what's happening. It's more like:

Bioware: What new species would you want?

Community: Oh! Okay, this, this, this, and this.

Bioware: We give you...CATHAR!

Community: ... um, thanks, but Cathar wasn't even our top two choices. Is this all?

in a December poll cathar was 2nd choice after wookies FYI

You don't seem to understand that almost all of those races would make no sense, they have to be able to use the current voice acting(must speak Basic) and be able to keep the emotional tension that we see in cut-scenes, they also have to be sensible for the romances.

So what, if the romances arent sensable dont play them. There are many of us who dont give a shart about video game romances. Its called Star Wars, not Star Romance.