Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

I am still upset with Space Combat. why dont they just remove the arcade style and get open world space combat that allows to fight with other players. This was the initial expectation as the Starwars mmo had it.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still upset with Space Combat. why dont they just remove the arcade style and get open world space combat that allows to fight with other players. This was the initial expectation as the Starwars mmo had it.

Daniel Erickson have said that they're working on some secret space project, so there will properly come some updates in the future. Still you can't expect them to publish all at ones.

Edited by Inzuher

Yep, looks great stuff. Although I just hope they add in a guild mailing system though for 1.3, to be able to communicate events and stuff the guild plans to all guild members which at the moment has proved to be a bit difficult.

Other than that, great game, the new content does look specifically classy and looking forward to it.

To all my adoring fans on the Darth Brandon server, lots of love from your most controversial and notorious server individual. You know you love me really,hehe.

Long live the Queen :rolleyes:

FatEdd

Edited by FatEdd

Everything looks great, cept why a new space mission bring on free flight space. It would bring all the space combat lovers over. I miss all the large pvp battles in space from SWG. Edited by Ohdan

I'll only be looking forward for the new WZ.

New space mission ? I'll wait to see...

New lvl cap ? hope only in December since I don't want all the work I had gathering PvP gear to go wasted in a few weeks :mad:

New Operation ? yay.................................................... for PvErs

How about decent 3D space combat ???

How about World PvP ?

****, FINALLY HK-51 BEEN WAITING FOR HIM SINCE RETAIL(it was in beta but they removed it)

New level cap ? *** unexpected gonna be more OP than i was before

New warzone with possibly ranked WZ ?

CANT WAIT FOR 1.3 : this patch should be something! But Still lack of PVP innovation

I'm glad they are still trying.

Though it just seems at this point, the developers need to realize they didn't create the next WOW as they intended. This game is not going to be the next king of MMO's. So they need to change direction and focus on making this game something that will draw and keep many of those bored MMO subs out there. Because this game seems to be bleeding subs.

So no matter how much the BW fanbois keep blowing sunshine up your keyboard. The subs show things are not going as intended.

Last I heard SWTOR's subs were under 1 million. Say 800k. I fear the current number of subs will be halved when Guild Wars 2 comes out some time this year. That will drop us to 400k. Then you have the other games that are coming out or having expansions. Which at the current rate of apparent sub lose may drop this game to 200k or less subs by the end of the year.

A new planet. 5 more levels. New space missions. A new operation. With a HK companion, just won't cut it. Seriously, I like HK, but this game in no way reminds me of KOTOR. Why the endless disappointing references to KOTOR. When the game is a Star Wars rip off of WOW?

Whoever is steering the ship needs to cut loses and focus on directions that will draw and keep subs paying to play. Maybe it needs to be a total KOTOR direction. Or something else. All I know is it seems BW and EA need to change the current focus of the programmers or the only game this game may be competing with soon is EQ. Yeah people are still playing it.

Sure the game probably was profitable on initial sales, but it's expected continued profits is not panning out. That should be a shock to EA. As this game should of been a gravy train.

Don't get me wrong. I like the game. It just doesn't seem to have the stuff that keeps most MMO types paying to play. And oddly BW and EA apparently didn't get the memo. They seem to be pacifying their ego's by telling themselves stuff like this is the natural drop off. It's only casuals that are leaving. Well all my guild/raider friends have left. Me and my 3 casual accounts are still here. Mostly because there is nothing else, and 3 people can do an instance.

The games issues are function and feature, not content. Raised level cap is kind of an eyebrow raiser. Is endgame that botched that they want a clean slate?

This was my exact thought as well. It's like they can't admit how screwed up the state of end game is, so they'll raise the level cap and start from scratch with an entirely new end game and act as though it's all part of some grand plan.

Raising level caps within the first 18 months of the game's life is ridiculous... unless they're trying to sweep some old problems under the rug. Unfortunately, I'm with several of the other posters in my belief that it's too little, too late. The damage from the original problems has been done. Population continues to drop like a rock, still no definitive ETA or concrete details on how server transfers are going to be handled, so on and so forth. 1.3 isn't going to keep people; 1.2 couldn't keep people and that one actually added new content. In fact, I'm going to take a pessimistic long view based on prior MMO experience: Now that people know this is coming, it's actually going to kill off subscriptions faster in the short term as people decide to abandon grinding existing end game because they know it's going to be replaced within the next year. I saw this very thing happen with Warcraft and LOTRO before every expansion where the level cap was raised.

By the time this new content comes out, the game will be down to a core base much like City of Heroes was before going F2P. Adding 1-15 F2P is utterly meaningless because it's clear all of these 1-15 free weekends hasn't translated into rising subscription numbers. Adding it permanently isn't going to magically help. I would go out on a limb and say anyone who wanted to try the game has probably had the chance, either with weekend free or with the generous amount of 7-day trial passes we subscribers get (I know I've sent out 10, alone, to friends and coworkers).

Overall, meh; Just more of the same on-rails, WoW-with-lightsabers gameplay that hasn't been working at keeping subscribers so far. Only now with a race next to no one asked for as playable.

Im pretty stoked about everything accept the level cap increase. Was more hoping the legacy system would end up being used as kind of alternate advancement system like EQ's old AA system. I just hope they dont pull what blizzard did and make anything pre-level cap increase obsolete.

I prefer them spend more time on the useless crafting system and the state of the non-exist economy.

And how will the new level cap affect warzones? At level 50, for a fresh 50 it's already a mess and unbalanced. The 50s who are gear in war hero gear will be even more over powered for fresh 50s.

Bioware clearly don't seem to be listening. The f2p to 14 or was it 15 so soon shows they are worried about the state of the game and the leavers. The Warhammer brand has a big following, for that to have failed was a surprise and now seems SWTOR is heading the same way.

Edited by joeypesci

im not exactly pumped for a new level cap. seems too soon for a bump in level

First of all, we're talking December here, not now. Secondly, it's only a 5 level bump and we already have level 61 gear - Black Hole/Campaign. Thirdly, how else is the new planet and new Operation going to be a challenge and offer some progression? With NM EC coming up, that's pretty much the apex for level 50 play.

looks nice, do want to see more of the space combat, oddly I've come to really enjoy it. Keep up the good work:rak_03:

I would like to see a few 2 and 4 player heroic space missions. Maybe even a raid space mission would be cool.