Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

What ??? Are they using time on doing new content when the game needs is SERVER MERGE/ TRANSFER. All the servers are dying. Today I was the only one om my fleet at 14.00 ???!? What ???

Bioware ? Are we supose to play this in SOLO ? And please tell us how we can play PVP alone ?

What kind of prioritize is this, do you understand that it will be GAME OVER if you dont do anything about the servers ?

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know. They advertised Star Wars: The Old Republic as this time of massive conflict. War is not official but it is happening. Star Wars has the best space battles of any Sci-Fi series. However, the devs made it about "the story." They said, "PvE is the focus." I love PvE, but why neglect PvP. Star Wars is BUILT for PvP. Where is the space warzones? Where is open world PvP. Every planet I went to while leveling made claims about how important the planet was to the overall conflict. Why can't we fight for these planets? Why not fix the economy and crafting so that it is actually USEFUL? Make the content that is already there useful for re-play value. Stop making everything about creating more characters to experience other story archs. THIS IS A FRIGGIN' MMO. I want my 1 main character and a couple alts for crafting purposes or so I can have different builds. 3/4 of the stories are boring anyhow. Diablo 3 is more akin to an MMO that SWTOR is, and Diablo doesn't call itself an MMO. If done correctly, SWTOR could have been the best MMO for years to come. Instead it is just something to play for a few months while you wait for something better. Makes me want to cry :(

This all looks great and all, but since I don't pvp and I haven't a *********** clue how to do operations, I'll just sit back and continue to lvl up all of my characters.

That's a good bit of the endgame. You might wanna reconsider that, if possible :)

What ??? Are they using time on doing new content when the game needs is SERVER MERGE/ TRANSFER. All the servers are dying. Today I was the only one om my fleet at 14.00 ???!? What ???

Bioware ? Are we supose to play this in SOLO ? And please tell us how we can play PVP alone ?

What kind of prioritize is this, do you understand that it will be GAME OVER if you dont do anything about the servers ?

You do realize that a game studio is not compromised of nothing but Jack-of all-trades that can do everything anytime?

People like writers, graphic designers and AI programmers can't all jump unto the task at creating stable and functional server transfers because it's the most pressing issue. I guess you picture everyone, even the voice actors sitting behind the computers working at things like network and game system coding.

You know. They advertised Star Wars: The Old Republic as this time of massive conflict. War is not official but it is happening. Star Wars has the best space battles of any Sci-Fi series. However, the devs made it about "the story." They said, "PvE is the focus." I love PvE, but why neglect PvP. Star Wars is BUILT for PvP. Where is the space warzones? Where is open world PvP. Every planet I went to while leveling made claims about how important the planet was to the overall conflict. Why can't we fight for these planets? Why not fix the economy and crafting so that it is actually USEFUL? Make the content that is already there useful for re-play value. Stop making everything about creating more characters to experience other story archs. THIS IS A FRIGGIN' MMO. I want my 1 main character and a couple alts for crafting purposes or so I can have different builds. 3/4 of the stories are boring anyhow. Diablo 3 is more akin to an MMO that SWTOR is, and Diablo doesn't call itself an MMO. If done correctly, SWTOR could have been the best MMO for years to come. Instead it is just something to play for a few months while you wait for something better. Makes me want to cry :(

*Raises level cap in order to distract XX from ranting anymore*

Truth be told, I laughed my *** off whenever they were sizing up new operations.... With the majority of servers dead and useless SWTOR has become laughable. And instead of emergency merges/xfers they want you to PAY for Server Xfers. They want YOU to fix their game that YOU PAY THEM TO PLAY! It's a crying shame. KoTOR III would have been better.

You're lost. Let me help you. This is all "Coming This Year", meaning most likely by the end of the year. Transfers are coming in literally weeks.

Your post is much ado about NOTHING. At all.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

That's a good bit of the endgame. You might wanna reconsider that, if possible :)

People have different opinions about things i understand that but if a MMO is a game that you play for year and hopefully years how can you have end game?? My first MMO even though I had trained up all my skills I still found things to do it wasn't end game raids, PVP or operations it was running around Dathomir killing Night Sisters and Singing Mountain Clans, sitting around a camp fire getting a buff and having fun. Played WOW for a very short time and why because they where to end game drivin. I want to feel like a MMO is a second life and at 41 I'm no where near my end game content or at least I hope, lol.

instead of emergency merges/xfers they want you to PAY for Server Xfers. They want YOU to fix their game that YOU PAY THEM TO PLAY! It's a crying shame. KoTOR III would have been better.

I believe I read some where that Server transfers would be free in the beginning however I do agree that KOTOR 3 would have been better.

well ,I am a bit excited a bit the new race,BUT hopefully it will not require some crazy unlock,like having done chap2 for X number of classes. I will say I really really enjoy both the BH and JC story lines. doing them as a merc and shadow. but i will admit I have no desire to repeat them as a sage or other. I realize that it would require a LOT of work but I wish they almost had different storylines for each advance class.the JC sage could be assigned the current JC storylines, and the shadow has a storyline a bit more suited for their skills

I believe I read some where that Server transfers would be free in the beginning however I do agree that KOTOR 3 would have been better.

Correct. All transfers, at the first, will be free from low-pops to targeted servers. Consolidation. Was just confirmed (yet again) on Twitter today. Also, many place on this site, as well. Q&A, for one.

Truth be told, I laughed my *** off whenever they were sizing up new operations.... With the majority of servers dead and useless SWTOR has become laughable. And instead of emergency merges/xfers they want you to PAY for Server Xfers. They want YOU to fix their game that YOU PAY THEM TO PLAY! It's a crying shame. KoTOR III would have been better.

They are just trying to bleed subs dry. I paid $160.00 for the CE, pay $15.00 a month to play, but BioWare feels that their content and game is worth much more than that. Every 4 months I buy a new game through subbing to SWTOR. They need to start GIVING me a new game for that sub money. Why do I have to pay for content? Why pay for transfers? Haven't I BEEN paying for these things? They are adding MORE when what they have isn't working. The only reason they would CHARGE for an "expansion" this early in the game, is so they can bleed more money from a game that they think is dying. If I were George Lucas, I would be pissed! That is 2 Star Wars MMOs that have run down the tube fairly quickly. TBH, SWG had a better shelf life!

Also please consider giving the game a little more authenticity. Mixing up quintessential races for each side ruins the idea and feel of this interstellar conflict of 2 sides. It makes the basic premise of Rep vs. Emp kind of pointless. That being said, maybe you should consider putting in 2 playable races, each being exclusive to their respective sides.

What is this person going on about? In a Galaxy full of people, an individual cannot make up their own mind if they want to join one side or the other in a conflict, that's just bad story telling and completely unrealistic, even for somthing that isn't real. What about Humans, are they the only race in the universe that gets to choose republic or imperial? That's a little myopic, maby even xenophobic, don't you think?

This person had some interesting views but, after reading this, everything they said just sounded silly. So I am going to go back and enjoy playing my Ratataki Smuggler.

Because I like it, and have fun playing it.

Thank you Bioware, keep up the good work and thank you for giving us a small glimpse into what you have been working on for us.

:csw_deathstar_un:

You do realize that a game studio is not compromised of nothing but Jack-of all-trades that can do everything anytime?

People like writers, graphic designers and AI programmers can't all jump unto the task at creating stable and functional server transfers because it's the most pressing issue. I guess you picture everyone, even the voice actors sitting behind the computers working at things like network and game system coding.

Hehe.... Funny..... I understand that much. But probably some have the same skills needed to fix the issue. Like Project Managers, TPM, developers, architects and so on. Also the focus from Management will be mixed. So why not focus most of the resources where the problem is ? It seems like this is taken way to long to fix a Server transfer that should be standard from two month after game start. So it seems like the focus is wrong.

Hehe.... Funny..... I understand that much. But probably some have the same skills needed to fix the issue. Like Project Managers, TPM, developers, architects and so on. Also the focus from Management will be mixed. So why not focus most of the resources where the problem is ? It seems like this is taken way to long to fix a Server transfer that should be standard from two month after game start. So it seems like the focus is wrong.

Old school thinking. I don't blame you. Typically, developers have a "zero-sum" development department. However, such is NOT the case at BioWare.

They are just trying to bleed subs dry. I paid $160.00 for the CE, pay $15.00 a month to play, but BioWare feels that their content and game is worth much more than that. Every 4 months I buy a new game through subbing to SWTOR. They need to start GIVING me a new game for that sub money. Why do I have to pay for content? Why pay for transfers? Haven't I BEEN paying for these things? They are adding MORE when what they have isn't working. The only reason they would CHARGE for an "expansion" this early in the game, is so they can bleed more money from a game that they think is dying. If I were George Lucas, I would be pissed! That is 2 Star Wars MMOs that have run down the tube fairly quickly. TBH, SWG had a better shelf life!

I agree. Makes me happy that I only got suckered into buying the Digital Deluxe Edition. Though I still feel like I got completely ripped-off at least it wasn't for the price of the CE. I never had a chance to play SWG, I spent most of my days during that time outside fixing cars/trucks and breaking them again, so I never had a decent computer to pay with. I don't understand the reason a company wants you to PAY in order to transfer to another server. It seems illogical from a customer's perspective, tbh. In Rift you're able to xfer whenever you like to where ever you like with a cooldown of 7 days, no charge..ever. So I guess this is EA rearing it's demon head yet again... Shame. I find it to be quite the slap in the face that EAWare thinks tossing out a shiny object to distract you from the sinking/burning ship is quality service.

You're lost. Let me help you. This is all "Coming This Year", meaning most likely by the end of the year. Transfers are coming in literally weeks.

Your post is much ado about NOTHING. At all.

Touche! Fantastic! Please help me. Maybe they already use resources on this content. Content like that takes time... and it allready seems like the have done something. Or what do you think ? Just making what we saw in the video takes time.

And to help you... should we not see a video on Player transfer instead. Dates, functions and so on.... or do you not want to play this content in the "Coming year". Cause you will be playing it alone.

I like what I saw but, really, space needs more than just more missions. We need immersion and interactivity.

You sir, said a bad word. How dare you use such foul language. Heh...immersion... :rolleyes:

Anyways, looking forwarding to seeing more. There's more right? Tell me this is the content heavy 1.4 and the rest is yet to come.

People who complain, expected too much from a new game. I'm not expecting this much, so the game didn't disappoint me yet.

So "bring it on!" Bio Ware.

There's another side to that statement as well though.

"People who likes dirt, doesn't expect enough from this game. I expected more, and I'm somewhat dissapointed.

So "step it up" Bioware."

Setting a low expectation for something doesn't make it great when it exceed the low expectation