Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

looks amazing, BUT WE DONT NEED NEW LEVEL CAP!! DX

any higher and the class system will *********** fall apart D=

even raising it to 55 would be overkill! every player would be able to max out one tree, and get half of another! DX

we do NOT need higher level cap, because u know something? some classes can do ALOT more with more points, than OTHER classes can. i should know, i have every class.... i mean i cant be the only one who thinks that this is a bad idea....right? guys?

....ummmm......guys? o.o

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Makes me happy that I only got suckered into buying the Digital Deluxe Edition. Though I still feel like I got completely ripped-off at least it wasn't for the price of the CE. I never had a chance to play SWG, I spent most of my days during that time outside fixing cars/trucks and breaking them again, so I never had a decent computer to pay with. I don't understand the reason a company wants you to PAY in order to transfer to another server. It seems illogical from a customer's perspective, tbh. In Rift you're able to xfer whenever you like to where ever you like with a cooldown of 7 days, no charge..ever. So I guess this is EA rearing it's demon head yet again... Shame. I find it to be quite the slap in the face that EAWare thinks tossing out a shiny object to distract you from the sinking/burning ship is quality service.

Well said.....I agree 100%

Old school thinking. I don't blame you. Typically, developers have a "zero-sum" development department. However, such is NOT the case at BioWare.

So why is this still a problem ?? They are smart people understanding that is is a HUGE problem and the game is dying FAST. I think Bioware also have smart enough people to fix this. So why didnt they fix this some month ago. It does not seem like is non-zero or duality at Bioware.

You know. They advertised Star Wars: The Old Republic as this time of massive conflict. War is not official but it is happening. Star Wars has the best space battles of any Sci-Fi series. However, the devs made it about "the story." They said, "PvE is the focus." I love PvE, but why neglect PvP. Star Wars is BUILT for PvP. Where is the space warzones? Where is open world PvP. Every planet I went to while leveling made claims about how important the planet was to the overall conflict. Why can't we fight for these planets? Why not fix the economy and crafting so that it is actually USEFUL? Make the content that is already there useful for re-play value. Stop making everything about creating more characters to experience other story archs. THIS IS A FRIGGIN' MMO. I want my 1 main character and a couple alts for crafting purposes or so I can have different builds. 3/4 of the stories are boring anyhow. Diablo 3 is more akin to an MMO that SWTOR is, and Diablo doesn't call itself an MMO. If done correctly, SWTOR could have been the best MMO for years to come. Instead it is just something to play for a few months while you wait for something better. Makes me want to cry :(

You got a point.... Well said.

Touche! Fantastic! Please help me. Maybe they already use resources on this content. Content like that takes time... and it allready seems like the have done something. Or what do you think ? Just making what we saw in the video takes time.

And to help you... should we not see a video on Player transfer instead. Dates, functions and so on.... or do you not want to play this content in the "Coming year". Cause you will be playing it alone.

1.3 on PTS tomorrow. You seem to still be stuck in the past, when MMO developers had a "zero-sum" development team. Meaning that to work on one thing, they had to take time and resources away from another area. They no longer do. BioWare does NOT have a zero-sum development team, and are able to work on several things at once, putting what used to be entire team efforts into multiple areas at once.

The fact of the matter is that they simply canNOT put more than they already have on transfers, or production will actually slow down, be hindered. Too many cooks in the kitchen scenario. There is such a thing as too big of a team on any one feature.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

wonder how they can extend the level cap though... wat happens to all my rakata gear? :(

JK THIS IS GONNA BE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.3 on PTS tomorrow. You seem to still be stuck in the past, when MMO developers had a "zero-sum" development team. Meaning that to work on one thing, they had to take time and resources away from another area. They no longer do. BioWare does NOT have a zero-sum development team, and are able to work on several things at once, putting what used to be entire team efforts into multiple areas at once.

The fact of the matter is that they simply canNOT put more than they already have on transfers, or production will actually slow down, be hindered. Too many cooks in the kitchen scenario. There is such a thing as too big of a team on any one feature.

Sorry to say it does not work. Zero or non-zero (duality)...... still it does not work. This should be out there for months now. Something have gone terribly wrong. If they have non-zero, it still seems like they are missing the focus. Still in this enviroment working at multiple areas it seems that the Managers dont have the right focus.

This have been a issue for months now. I can absolutly not think that they need to change cooks. Bioware should have the best cooks around. So this cant be the issue. Also i can not belive that they did not think of this when they starting to make the game. Its a MMO and they are to smart for that. I belive its too few cooks in the kitchen right now on Server transfer Issue. Call me old school.

level cap raise?

I don't like that because the current end game content will be pushed aside. I am just about to get to 50, so I will not get to experiences a part of the game because they chose to raise the level cap less then one year from launch.

Sorry to say it does not work. Zero or non-zero (duality)...... still it does not work. This should be out there for months now. Something have gone terribly wrong. If they have non-zero, it still seems like they are missing the focus. Still in this enviroment working at multiple areas it seems that the Managers dont have the right focus.

This have been a issue for months now. I can absolutly not think that they need to change cooks. Bioware should have the best cooks around. So this cant be the issue. Also i can not belive that they did not think of this when they starting to make the game. Its a MMO and they are to smart for that. I belive its too few cooks in the kitchen right now on Server transfer Issue. Call me old school.

Now we're heading into opinion territory, and if that's the way you feel, then we'll agree to disagree. Because, comparatively speaking, TOR is no slower on implementing features than any other MMO out there. LFG, for example, took Rift 4 months to implement while it took TERA 8 months. TOR's doing it in 6, which happens to be the average of 4 and 8. Transfers, same scenario. Just announced: transfers coming in a couple weeks.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Awesomeness!! Can't wait. Makeb looks pretty interesting. Any idea what level range it is? I'm also pretty surprised and pleased by the lack of whining in this forum. ;) Keep up the good work, SWTOR Team!

50 to 55, sounds like, since the new cap will be 55.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Going to post again, since someone deleted my previous post:

Great news Bioware!

New race, new planet, new something. What about the server transfers?

New level cap means that every Operation content will be outdated. Do you bioware understand that? Those people who still play on your derelict servers will not be doing Denova, Karaggas Palace or the Eternity Vault because their level advantage will trivalise the entire content.

New level cap will require new items. Would be funny if people would be running at lets say level 55 while wearing same items they had before your so called expansion or whatever you want to treat this as.

So... which one of you forgot to think ahead? Again the lack of planning of the game future shows here.

Will you add new Flash Points? New ENDGAME flash points? new hard more endgame flash points? New endgame operations and so on?

Will there be a new PvP bracket? New abilities? New tiers in talent trees? Or will we be just getting the new level cap?

Rememer, new level cap means people will want new Tier Items, new sets, new PvP sets and so on, did any of you think about that?

Hardcore nightmare mode was talked about. Who wants to bet this is for the lvl 55s (or what ever the lvl cap is) to do old ops. at a new max lvl.

Playerbase: "There aren't enough things to do at level 50"

Devs: "Would it be more fun if it was level 55? Higher numbers are always more fun!"

Please don't increase the level cap so soon. Please. It's really not too late to go back on this.

It is a very cheap gimmick to create excitement without having to actually do any work

A. It shows you have no interest in the long-term development of the game. Level cap inflation is a problem in old mmos, notably WoW. So for you to increase the level-cap so early in the game says you aren't worried about problems older mmos suffer; you aren't worried about becoming an old game; you don't plan on being an old game.

B. You will be making all of the current end-game content irrelevant, along with all of the gear plays have worked hard to attain. As no doubt you have been hearing, players are currently unhappy with the lack of things to do at level 50. Unless you plan on replacing all of the outdated content with new ops, tier gear etc.- this situation will be much worse.

Level cap raises are for expacs. Level cap raises are used in other mmos to include more story, areas, and abilities, so in a game with heavy emphasis on story, you bettah be bringing in some very gripping new story with that level cap if you don't heed all the desperate pleas from your players to not raise the level caps and do it anyways.

Other than the level cap, I am a big fan of this game. I am looking forward to everything else mentioned. Cheers.

Tl;DR

Edited by Criiiiket

Devs: "Would it be more fun if it was level 55? Higher numbers are always more fun!"

Please don't increase the level cap so soon. Please. It's really not too late to go back on this.

December is too soon? That's rich. Of all the QQ I've seen the last couple of months decrying BW for taking too long on content, now people are saying new content by December is too soon.

Amazing.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

It is a very cheap gimmick to create excitement without having to actually do any work

A. It shows you have no interest in the long-term development of the game. Level cap inflation is a problem in old mmos, notably WoW. So for you to increase the level-cap so early in the game says you aren't worried about problems older mmos suffer; you aren't worried about becoming an old game; you don't plan on being an old game.

B. You will be making all of the current end-game content irrelevant, along with all of the gear plays have worked hard to attain. As no doubt you have been hearing, players are currently unhappy with the lack of things to do at level 50. Unless you plan on replacing all of the outdated content with new ops, tier gear etc.- this situation will be much worse.

Level cap raises are for expacs. Level cap raises are used in other mmos to include more story, areas, and abilities, so in a game with heavy emphasis on story, you bettah be bringing in some very gripping new story with that level cap if you don't heed all the desperate pleas from your players to not raise the level caps and do it anyways.

Other than the level cap, I am a big fan of this game. I am looking forward to everything else mentioned. Cheers.

Tl;DR

The new level cap is coming with the planet Makeb. Trust me, there will be plenty more to do.

I hope they add a daily event where all players on the server collide in a timed warzone... That should be epic! Imagine all level 50's coming together to fight to the death in a 15 minute planet wide war! plus, it's mandatory! you get teleported to that area automatically and the winning team gets xp and ranked wz coms bonus and the losing team... well a debuff maybe for losing, decreasing all stats of the faction..? hehehe...:D:D:D

Perhaps some folks like stuff thats hard to do. But my guild who doesnt like OPS cause they take too long. ( I know it drives me absolutly nuts) Would benefit from this cause it means we can actually do something as a group without flirting on the thin WIPE line the whole time. So I welcome new levels and new abilities. Leveling for me is the funnest part of MMOs.

Wish I new if this new planet was the starter world for Cathar and if it was going to include and end game dailys and such.

The space mission will prolly get a once playthrough and I'll be done with it...

I liked how the space missions were in beta where you could do them for most of the time you were xping and they didnt grey out. I used to have my regimin of loggin in doing all the space dailys then off to normal xp.. Cut the leveling time down by about a third. So I could skip planets like Taris if i wanted.