Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

Except for HK, new planet it is all a crap...

Seriously, BW, do you really think this would be the best thing you can do for the rnext 6 months? And how does this all solves high-end content problems?

The only problem with high end content is that it's too easy. Raise the difficulty to where it takes a month to defeat a boss, like every other raid zone on other MMOs, and suddenly and magically the issue of people finishing the stuff too fast disappears.

Because, aside from that, TOR has more endgame content than any other MMO ever had at 5 months old.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already level cap increasing? I think that is a stupid idea to bring that this early.

We already have level 56 gear. What if it's only a 4-level raise? There was only one new planet revealed, after all.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Except for HK, new planet it is all a crap...

Seriously, BW, do you really think this would be the best thing you can do for the rnext 6 months? And how does this all solves high-end content problems?

they never said that was everything they had planned for the next 6 months. this is a taste of whats coming.

needless flame is needless

Because, aside from that, TOR has more endgame content than any other MMO ever had at 5 months old.

this.

they never said that was everything they had planned for the next 6 months. this is a taste of whats coming.

needless flame is needless

Ok, sorry then. But still hope for open multiplayer 3d space combat and swoop racing at least...

Ohh great, I love these new level caps that's coming to every MMO game.... Sucks. I hate that they're always doing this to MMO games..

Beside; Instead of focusing on these things, why aren't you fixing the biggest problem in the game atm? THE SERVER ARE DEAD. Yes transfer is coming but why on earth do you guys work on stuff like this when the servers is empty as an desert? While you still have paying customers you need to focus on keep them, tons of players on my server just canceled their subs, really nice guys. And I can't say i'm blaming them, i've been thinking on it aswell...We still haven't heared ANYTHING about 1.3 and character transfer.... and now you post shi* like this??? We want news about the darn server transfer not this....

Ohh great, I love these new level caps that's coming to every MMO game.... Sucks. I hate that they're always doing this to MMO games..

Beside; Instead of focusing on these things, why aren't you fixing the biggest problem in the game atm? THE SERVER ARE DEAD. Yes transfer is coming but why on earth do you guys work on stuff like this when the servers is empty as an desert? While you still have paying customers you need to focus on keep them, tons of players on my server just canceled their subs, really nice guys. And I can't say i'm blaming them, i've been thinking on it aswell...We still haven't heared ANYTHING about 1.3 and character transfer.... and now you post shi* like this??? We want news about the darn server transfer not this....

what more news could they give??

server transfers coming with patch 1.3 (likely within 2 months).

im not sure how much more information on that subject they can give...

the new planet. It's cool that they're adding something new, but apparently they polled the community about what planet they wanted to see?

They did and there were countless pages of suggested planets.... but they chose Makeb

Who's ever heard of Makeb?

I can't find anything on any of the usual sites about this planet, we're talking a very vague planet here (maybe that's Bioware's intention to have something no one ever heard of)

Game developers don't have ADD. They can balance several projects at once. A programmer fixing bugs may also be coding the next content yet to be announced, almost always a member of the development staff is wearing more than one hat at a time.

In other words, just because you see new content announced does'nt mean that they put current projects on hold. We ding Bioware alot on things but multitasking is a common job trait in all areas of work, I doubt they lack the basic essentials of that job. You just need to have some patience and look forward to the new content.

What I think, and correct me if I'm wrong guys. Is that EA needs to **** of our games and game designers. Every time they make a game or produce after a series that was already created They Ruin IT! They don't listen to their fan base at all.. look what it took to get a more informative ending to mass effect 3! Remove EA from the equation and let these epic companies get back to making Epic games instead of sub-par money grabs that make it difficult for some of us to keep playing. I love this game so far. But server merges are a more pressing issue i believe because of the dead ones that are floating adrift with a few players who don't wanna waste the time they spent on their 50s.

Just like Kotick. Kick us while we are down, again and again.

/rant

They did and there were countless pages of suggested planets.... but they chose Makeb

Who's ever heard of Makeb?

I can't find anything on any of the usual sites about this planet, we're talking a very vague planet here (maybe that's Bioware's intention to have something no one ever heard of)

Return of the Jedi, Lando Calrissian did some stuff there to become a general in the rebellion.

my guess is lvl cap isnt coming till around end of this year or close 2 it :p any sooner might be 2 soon and i not ready to lvl up higher yet :p

The thing is the trailer said new content is coming in July and this looks like a huge update like 1.2. As I said in my last post. Development is always months ahead of the last bit of content and altered as it goes to meet consumer demand. This was probably in development since 1.1.

Oooh boy. Calm down! I'm sure there's more than a few people working on the game! It's like, you know, how in a family the dad might be cooking dinner, the mom might be cleaning, while at the same time the son is doing homework and the daughter is mowing the lawn. Several things can happen simultaneously within a group of people!

Besides, we already know server transfers are coming. Now we got some information of what we can expect to be doing with our new friends after we move/receive new players on our servers. Personally, I'm glad to know transfers are being tested extensively beforehand, I would not be a happy camper if for example my female smuggler lost Corso's affection in the process. ...having said that, I am every bit as impatient about it as the next guy, but I still prefer the transfers to be done right, at minimal risk of something going wrong.

On the actual topic, I'm thrilled about the prospect of getting new content! Cathar is one of my favourite species, can't wait for that. More levels, a new planet to explore (but yeah, a more well-known planet might have been smarter), and a hopefully cool space-mission. I'm expecting a continuation of the epic class storylines - hopefully all the bored level 50s screaming for more content haven't forgotten how much fun leveling up can be is this game.

The only thing that really worries me is the amount of abilities every class already has. The UI is cluttered, and if one plays more than one character it's difficult to remember what each ability does. Possible new abilities will really need to be worthwhile - and we do need some new abilities even with the cluttered UI, because only adding higher ranks would just be lame.

Dear Bioware,

It's great to see that you're still working on the game.

However, please do NOT increase the level cap. (but yes, please continue the class stories)

** Increasing the level cap will increase the talent tree points and therefore open new talent builds combinations. This will in turn give an enormous amount of work for your devs to balance the talent trees while at the same time your encounter team is developping new operation content and trying to balance it with the new builds. One team fiddling the class builds will cause the other team to go back to the drawing board. It's a lot of work that could be better spent elsewhere.

** Increasing the level cap will invalidate all your current level 50 content (ops and flashpoints) so your top level players will have nothing to munch on apart from the single new operation and how many flashpoints? So in essence people will have LESS stuff to do once they reach max level than they have now.

By increasing the level cap, you'll be wasting time BALANCING your game mechanics while what I want is REAL NEW gameplay: freespace battles, Guild capital ships, improved UI, sabacc and pazaak minigames, sitting in cantinas (for the social aspect)...

That's what your dev system team should work on, NOT on balancing the class builds because you increased the level cap which, in the end, changes nothing from a gameplay point of view...

Without a definitite ETA on the hood on/off toggle I am joining you out the door.

Do you people not know that if you equip an orange piece of armor that is a helm and make it not show, the hood disappears? Is that not enough of a toggle for you?

Some people are so picky, they need the devs to manage their wardrobe for them. sheesh.

Shava

What I think, and correct me if I'm wrong guys. Is that EA needs to **** of our games and game designers. Every time they make a game or produce after a series that was already created They Ruin IT! They don't listen to their fan base at all.. look what it took to get a more informative ending to mass effect 3! Remove EA from the equation and let these epic companies get back to making Epic games instead of sub-par money grabs that make it difficult for some of us to keep playing. I love this game so far. But server merges are a more pressing issue i believe because of the dead ones that are floating adrift with a few players who don't wanna waste the time they spent on their 50s.

Just like Kotick. Kick us while we are down, again and again.

/rant

Not defending EA but understand that EA has no absolute say so in the creative approach in game design unless it is from a financial perspective. It is up to the company to produce games that will generate a profit. That is the nature of buisness.

Cost and time are two precious things that decides what games will live or die. If a company does'nt have enough of either, then it does'nt matter how good the game is pitched or demo'd, it will fall below expectations. So when these things are limited usually the features and content is limited. This leads to the alternative....expensive DLC to balance out things.

Im only saying this because people tend to bash EA for the wrong reasons. EA only impacts creativity financially not objectivley. So even if EA wasn't in the picture you might have a developer with plenty of time but not enough money. No body works for free in the video game buisness. It is an expensive reality even us gamers must come to realize. Money makes the world go round.

Ever beat those games and watch the credits at the end with the developers pictures and some of them standing by their wives and children thanking them for 3+ years for being patient? Real people trying to please a bunch of spoiled brats and they harbor no ill will againts them. Careful who your mad at guys, not everyone at EA/Bioware are as evil as you make them.

Well i think everything looks good so far, one thing I hope they add with this release is a few more class creation spots, I have 1 server i like to play on and so far i have 4-4 of imps to pubs, and though thats enough to play both sides of any class, with the amount of race's I know I would like to have more. Honesetly I would kinda like to have 16 spots.

Fail cathar. *coughs up a hairball in disgust*

Everything else looks great but this just made me soooooo disappointed with 1.3.

The video said "coming this year" - not "coming in 1.3". I bet most of this isn't coming within a month or whenever 1.3 goes live...