Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

BIOWARE: there's a new species

ME: horay i hope its rodians

BIOWARE: its the cathar!

ME: your funny. you couldn't possible add the crappiest species ever!

BIOWARE: we are serious

ME: but what about the species people actually like. i thought u wanted people to play the game.

BIOWARE: of course we do thats why while we announce this content server transfers still aren't out.

ME: so i wont have enough people on my server to play any new content.

BIOWARE: not true. u can play the cathar.

ME: ............

but really what about wookies, nautolans, RODIANS,sulastans, bothans, jawas :),maybe even droids. those are real star wars aliens not some crappy cat that can talk.

please tell me why the heck you would add cathar with so many REAL species to chose from.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathar - check

Still waiting on:

1. Wookies

2. Nautolean

3. Duros

4. Rodian

5. Trandoshan Or Barabel

Since the Barabels and Trandoshans look similar make it one not both.

Really waiting on my WOOKIE SITH WARRIOR.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Togruta, the other head tails!

Edited by AshlaBoga
Missed awesome species

Complainers moaning about new content is EXACTLY what I always say in my analogies... :(

bioware doesnt have custom ui

players - BioWare! give us custom ui!!! *shakes fist*

players - BioWare! what have you DONE! I liked my ui the way it was! Why did you do this?" *shakes fist*

players - BioWare! you NEEEEED guild banks NOW!" *shakes fist*

bioware puts in guild banks and more

players - BioWare! You need a better way of organizing, I don't like this system!!!! change it NOW!" *shakes fist*

you see? It's ALWAYS going to be the opposite with some people. Like I always say if they announced a FREE expansion where there would be 8 new raids, with leaderboards from around the world, rvr planets, guild ship battles, open space pvp, 6 new classes and races along with warzones with capital ships in space you could fight turrets out of, atmospheric flight with 10 action bars.

People would STILL complain!

Going to post again, since someone deleted my previous post:

Great news Bioware!

New race, new planet, new something. What about the server transfers?

New level cap means that every Operation content will be outdated. Do you bioware understand that? Those people who still play on your derelict servers will not be doing Denova, Karaggas Palace or the Eternity Vault because their level advantage will trivalise the entire content.

New level cap will require new items. Would be funny if people would be running at lets say level 55 while wearing same items they had before your so called expansion or whatever you want to treat this as.

So... which one of you forgot to think ahead? Again the lack of planning of the game future shows here.

Will you add new Flash Points? New ENDGAME flash points? new hard more endgame flash points? New endgame operations and so on?

Will there be a new PvP bracket? New abilities? New tiers in talent trees? Or will we be just getting the new level cap?

Rememer, new level cap means people will want new Tier Items, new sets, new PvP sets and so on, did any of you think about that?

^^THIS

This is only on page 3 and I was going to read more of the posts before responding but you took the words right out of my mouth. New stuff is nice and leveling again for new abilities is fun but raising the level cap is a HUGE mistake for a game this new. Cap raising is meant for games that have become so stale and in need of something new that they are willing to sacrifice all the current content/gear/balance and essentially start over. That's why they always accompany a huge paid expansion. Even 5 new levels will utterly trivialize current content which means there needs to be at least as much content included with the level raise as there is in game right now IF NOT MORE. If not, you end up with everyone far more bored and quitting once they level up and realize there is nothing level appropriate to do. Doing easy content that you out level will only entertain for a short time and I didn't see even remotely enough content in that video to justify a new cap.

That doesn't even touch on the whole class balance and PVP vs. PVE balance issues that they haven't adequately sorted out. Adding more abilities, levels, gear isn't going to make that any easier. What about rated warzones? PVP tiers? Brackets? Like the quoted message says...there are a TON of implications associated with level cap raises which is why that's generally only done AFTER every other thing has been implemented/introduced first. Hell, I would rather have seen some sort of alternate advancement or grind to get dual specs or something before a level cap raise this early. Seems like more bad planning by EAWare.

I'm not going to spend alot of time on this, its already a waste of time trying to talk sense. I'm pretty disgusted with project leadership of TOR right now.

Level Cap? For most MMO's that haven't fully vetted their playerbase progression through end game content, its akin to the dying sitcom bringing a new baby into the family. It's a distraction from all the things they're not able to address with game and endgame, so they distract players with new level grinds, so we get to the new cap and have issues again from poor leadership, and then more level cap increases. Well, the TOR family is about to have a baby. Signal the sitcom death.

Hey Bioware, you just cemented the fact that leadership is overwhelmed with responsibility they can't handle. The issues with the game are here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398179

Fix those.

Edited by Verdan

I'm not going to spend alot of time on this, I'm pretty disgusted with project leadership of TOR right now.

Level Cap? For most MMO's that haven't fully vetted their playerbase progression through end game content, its akin to the dying sitcom bringing a new baby into the family. It's a distraction from all the things they're not able to address with game and endgame, so they distract players with new level grinds, so we get to the new cap and have issues again from poor leadership, and then more level cap increases. Well, the TOR family is about to have a baby. Signal the sitcom death.

Hey Bioware, you just cemented the fact that leadership is overwhelmed with responsibility they can't handle. The issues with the game are here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398179

Fix those.

I am also disappointed with the update. It is cool and all but I feel they are very much ignoring what needs to be done...

/signed

I'm not going to spend alot of time on this, its already a waste of time trying to talk sense. I'm pretty disgusted with project leadership of TOR right now.

Fix those.

I mean come on, we may as well stop everything we're doing to get War Leader and Black Hole progressions, as they've just told us its all going to be junk this year. We're still in the first year, people struggling with progression, understanding progression, and showing up to warzones without even Recruit gear, and they're talking about a level cap. My jaw is still on the floor.

Unbelievablely poor project leadership.

BIOWARE: there's a new species

ME: horay i hope its rodians

BIOWARE: its the cathar!

ME: your funny. you couldn't possible add the crappiest species ever!

BIOWARE: we are serious

ME: but what about the species people actually like. i thought u wanted people to play the game.

BIOWARE: of course we do thats why while we announce this content server transfers still aren't out.

ME: so i wont have enough people on my server to play any new content.

BIOWARE: not true. u can play the cathar.

ME: ............

but really what about wookies, nautolans, RODIANS,sulastans, bothans, jawas :),maybe even droids. those are real star wars aliens not some crappy cat that can talk.

please tell me why the heck you would add cathar with so many REAL species to chose from.

Hate to break it to you, but every single time there was a poll about which species to add, Cathar got FAR more votes than Rodian did.

That said, no one ever said that Cathar was the only one being added. ;)

Cathar - check

Still waiting on:

1. Wookies

2. Nautolean

3. Duros

4. Rodian

5. Trandoshan Or Barabel

Since the Barabels and Trandoshans look similar make it one not both.

Really waiting on my WOOKIE SITH WARRIOR.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Togruta, the other head tails!

No wookiee force users. Sorry, but you can thank George Lucas, himself, for saying no more wookiee force users ever. When wookiees are added, they will likely be Smuggler/Trooper/BH only.

It looks like you have some nice stuff in there (and I will continue to sub)....however I was waiting and waiting to see what you were going to do with open world PvP/Ilum...and I'm still waiting...

Reading between the lines, the reveal comes off as shunning open world PvP. We have a new flashpoint/operation/warzone/companion...but nothing "cool" for the PvPers.

Awesome job bioware!!! Raise the level cap making all the end game content(operations,flaspoints, EV) useless cause everyone has out leveled them with the new level cap. Oh wait were adding a new flashpoint and operation......Seriously someone really didn't think this through very good, you can tell that bioware is just understaffed when something like this gets released at e3. Not to mention SPACE COMBAT MISSION, who ever decided we need more rail shooting instead of 3d, open space pvp combat i hope got fired cause that is the dumbest move yet. Good Job on the BIG space announcement, should of known it was something useless and not what anyone wanted.

If they don't allow you to use the wookies as a force user initially, they should and probablly will make it to where you can unlock it....

Thats what I think anyway.

That would get the game shut down faster than you can say "George Lucas sucks". I'm telling you, George Lucas said no more force using wookiees in any books, games, series, movies, media, you name it.

George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe.[16][17] Notably, Obsidian Entertainment was forbidden to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi because of this restriction. Kirlocca, Lowbacca, and Tyvokka are the only existing Wookiee Jedi characters (though an unnamed Wookiee in Edge of Victory: Conquest appears to be an unknown Jedi student rather than Lowbacca), as they were developed before this policy was enacted.

Source

If GL forbade Hanharr, in KotOR2, to be a force user, he'll do the same thing here.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

That Jedi Guardian armor shown at 35 seconds in to the trailer... That looks a lot better. The spikes on the shoulders look better than the shield on the shoulder of the Guardian War Hero set, and they look a little better then the things on the shoulders on the Guardian Black Hole armor chestpiece.

But... if you remove the spikes on the shoulders... it would look 100000000x better.

Edited by Aikon

just watched the vid of whats to be expected.

i think you guys have done and are continuing to do a great job w the game.. are there flaws? yes. esp w pop. but we all know transfers are coming and i dont care if i have to pay to get into certain high pop servers.

1 - 15 Free Trial: i think its a good idea. everyone has implemented something like this already.

New OP: i like that. i still have yet to do KP and EC .. mainly do to everyone on DE quit or rerolled

-- my only request would be to add a new op thats emp specific and one rep spcific in a future update --

New PVP Map: i love pvp. i truly believe pvp is the backbone of any multiplayer game. and adding new pvp maps is always a plus

-- and hopefully new pvp gametypes ie. deathmatch/ ctf/ siege .. ect.. as well w ranked wz coming.. can we have rewards for top players/guilds? -- (i dont believe i would be one to get anything but its something to strive for)

New Species: eeeh. whatever. i honestly dont know the lore.. tbh i still really havent seen the moves (ive sat through them yes. but at least a couple i havent paid any real attention) so adding the new species (cathar) doesnt bother me.. but it doesnt excite me either.. but a wookie on the other hand :)

New World: cool. as ive said before i dont really know the lore. but the storylines are great and have been enjoying going through them so new worlds w new characters is never a bad thing imo

New Space Mission: i havent vested any time into space missions on any of my toons so this doesnt mean anything to me per se. i think its cool. i might try it out. we'll see.

Level Cap Raise: of all the things your adding.. or looking to add. im a bit perplexed. why? the game is still in its infancy of an mmo and were raising the lvl cap? to what 60? for me i just dont get it and it doesnt promote me to make another alt.. i have 2 50s a 24 and a rerolled 30 on the fatman. im honestly tired of lvling. i like the storylines yes. but lvling just is not my cup of tea. and to raise the lvl cap esp this early is odd. i hope you push back the lvl cap raise till next summer at least. i dont think the community needs a lvl cap raise when many of us have decided after lvling 1 or more toons on our original server to reroll on a high pop server.

The games issues are function and feature, not content. Raised level cap is kind of an eyebrow raiser. Is endgame that botched that they want a clean slate?

Have you seriously not noticed the five trillion forum posts by people who've leveled 3-5 level 50's repeatedly stating "Poor me, I have nothing to do, I'm leaving for *insert hot game of the moment, or next six months, or next year, depending on level of actual reality in expectations*"? New goals. This goes beyond simply trying to revamp current content at 50, which would likely not reattract any subs they've lost, and gives people a chance to take a second look.

It DOES give them something of a clean slate, because they're not stuck with just current endgame mechanics, they can tweak the entire system to work differently with a level and skill cap increase. Kudos to them if they pull it off, it's a lot better than trying what EQ2 did with it's complete combat revamp where I had to totally relearn my character when they realized the system they launched with was fubar. Within the first year. They can certainly address function and feature WITH the new content, and it serves them better to do it with new than old.

And thanks for the new planet and race, devs - since no expac was announced, I'm guessing it's all free, and you make me all warm and fuzzy with that. People are complaining left and right about the amount of content just the subs are paying for, when it's far more extensive free content than I would have expected. I, personally, think cat people are cool.