Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

Can you please clarify how the group experience bonus is awarding kill experience between a characters with a 0-2 level difference vs. a level difference of 5 or greater? What is the formula for how the experience is awarded?

Thank you.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, we all know the long list of computer specs for playing Star Wars the Old Republic. And we all want to get the best experience we can out of playing the game. My question to the swtor crew is are you guys designing a specific laptop that is specifically designed to run this game with no lag like other computers???? :rak_02::rak_confused::sul_confused::rod_confused_p:

Would it be possible to buy the Exotech Biochem patterns with daily tokens in the future? farming trash mobs in old operations for slight chances on drops is not fun and very tidious.

Here's a suggested tweak to crafting dialogues: how about giving us the option to hide the lower-quality versions of gear you've already successfully reverse engineered. That could be two different settings (either would be good, both would be great!): (a) hide every schematic that you've ever successfully RE'd, and (b) hide any schematic where you can't learn anything else from RE'ing. This small change would really help minimaxing / optimising crafters like me.

Love the game! Keep it up!

Cheers, Nick

Is there a way that in the future you will be able to communicate cross faction other than say? People are limited on when and where they can interact with each other, manily just in Nar Shadda and Voss. For some roleplayers they would like the opportunity to talk cross faction other than say. Maybe something like a group chat where you talk to each other and roleplay no matter where you are.

Is there any more news on playable species. We got told this year (2012) but do we have any more information. How are the new speices being decieded, will they be more alien, will they come in all together or 1 a month for several months, will they be legacy unlocks, expansion unlocks or just avaliable to everyone, will they include Gran and Kel'dor?

Is there anyone looking at removing the focus generation penalty from Soresu Form for Guardians? As a tank, I always seem to feel Focus Starved during a boss-fight. Edited by Cosan

is there a reason that the Republic has the unfair advantage of purchasing the Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon?

http://www.torhead.com/item/2TxcubQ/...inators-cannon

which has the Advanced Adept Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/vPHhgd/a...enhancement-25

+24 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+37 Power

+51 Surge Rating

allowing the republic with the only battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it?

the mirror to this weapon for the imperials is Battlemaster Eliminator's Pistol

http://www.torhead.com/item/b3wGAFd/...nators-blaster

which has the Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/eTpCpHN/...enhancement-25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

Currently, Imperials have no way of purchasing a battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it.

The only way for Imperials to get enhancments with power and surge on it, is by getting them from War Hero gear, which takes significantly longer to aquire. When Rated Warzones come out, this will give Republics a significant power advantage earlier in the season.

Its already hard enough to aquire War Hero Gear, let alone get a full set, and then buy more just to rip enhancments out of them.

What kind of "social class" dev team would like to play as?

For example my buddy is a smuggler and wanted to play as bartender, I wanted to be (jedi consular) a hol-librarian.

Are there any plans in the works to fix the doubles of Enhancements that can be made by Artifice? And if so will that include fixing the Enhancements of the same name that change the stats from one level to the next?

I would really like to see an Enhancement stay with the same properties and with the same attributes increasing as the levels change, and think that you could create these "new" Enhancements with the different stats using the previously mentioned doubled Enhancements.

If you level up your social points you gain title and social gear, if you rank up at pvp you gain title per 10 levels and orange gear after a level and if you beat bosses in flashpoints/operations you can gain titles and gear to show off. why we cant gain anything by leveling up our legacy, it is harder to level up compared to pvp or social points, and only cool thing that you can show off is Rocket Boots and you can buy it at so early levels. Titles and some other cool stuff to award players' effort at some part of game are big part of mmos, at the moment only way to learn what legacy level players are is asking them. My suggestion is give title to players for each 5 or 10 legacy levels, or make a symbol/mark appear near their legacy name which indicates their level.

Any plans to allow the purchase of pvp mods/enhancements individually in the future? Having to purchase a piece of gear to acquire a single mod you wish to substitute in your current equipment seems like a bit of a waste. Edited by MindSpore

Being a bit of a 'completionist', I really like collecting datacrons. Are there plans to further expand these in the future like getting unique and super-hard-to-get social items from them? As datacrons are tied to the Galactic Codex, can we also expect to get more social gear/items from Codex unlocks in the future? This would be a great incentive for some players to complete as much of the game as possible instead of racing to 50.

I recently noticed that when partying, you only gain/lose affection point when you win the conversation roll, effectively reducing the amount of points you can gain naturally by up to 4 times. Considering you receive alignment changes based on what you wanted to say/do even if you lose, I'm surprised the same doesn't happen with companions responses to what you wanted to say/do, especially considering this makes soloing groups seem far more worth while, as right now gift farming is just a pain.

Was this an intentional mechanic introduced, and would there be considerations to change this system to stop punishing people who like to group content in an MMO? (albeit only slightly).

DE mentioned in the last QA that social points will now be awarded for Boss kills in HM FPs/OPs. What about PvPers? Competing in WZs is a VERY social thing (arguably more social than playing in a 4-man FP). Are there any plans to add methods of acquiring social points to PvP?

As I understand it, there is a hoast of schematics for orange belts and armbraces coming in 1.3 because, as you've stated, some outfits just aren't complete without an appropriate belt.

I am wondering if there are any plans to make existing belts modifiable - the purpose being so we can actually get decent armoring mods for these orange shells now that they are tied to a specific slot (be it chest, boots etc.).

As it stands very few people use the oranges we already have, top quality pve armoring drops being as rare as they are.

For PvP it's even worse, there isn't even a theoretical way to make an orange equivalent of a pvp belt since I don't belive ops bosses drop armoring mods with expertise on them.

It may very well be that you introduce a lot of gear that would "complete" various sets, however, as things stand today, one will have to sacrifice stats for it, which would go against the stated goals of enabling people to look like they want to.

Are there any plans to address this?