Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans to expand Solo/Duo endgame content? Currently, my wife and I prefer to pair up and play when we have time, but there's nothing really to do when we hit 50. We don't PVP and the grinding daily commendations on the various planets really isn't very rewarding (or fun).

I have a character who's name I'd really like to be able to change and also give her a new face. Since most other MMO's I've played have offered services like Character Recustomization, Character Rename and additional Character Slots for a small fee I'm wondering, after SWTOR gets it's first service in the form of Server Transfers what other services will you guys be working to bring us?

Will Weapon Specialization once gain become part of TOR as it was in KOTOR? I know that to give the player more freedom in his or her preferred combat style was the focus of this in KOTOR. But in TOR what i use and how i use it seems extremely limited. I mean sometimes i play my Smuggler and i wish i had a Blaster Rifle instead of a Pistol.... And sometimes i play my Imp Operative and im wondering how cool it would be if i had the custom made Hold Out Blaster i used in KOTOR 2. I know this isn't an easy change...But weapon specialization has been a critical part of Biowares role playing make up. From Dragon Age to KOTOR and even Mass Effect to a certain extent.

Are there any plans to have player cities added to the game which are laid out and managed by guilds? :jawa_confused:

Maybe by having 2 to 3 large new planets added to the game dedicated to guild cities and player housing which are instanced to provide enough space for all the guilds on the server. (8 or so guilds per instance, 4 per faction?)

Players could possibly also place military structures/bases to encourage open world PvP between guilds by attacking opposing faction cities. Say maybe a turret, which would need to be crafted by a player, could be placed in the city for defence, and is lost when destroyed. Just to point out a few possibilities from a long list. :jawa_biggrin:

Are there any plans (or chance) of getting the level 61 armoring mods, barrels and hilts to be made available so they can be purchased from the black hole vendor (with black hole commendations), in the same way that the level 51 armoring mods, barrels and hilts are purchased with daily commendations? The random nature of some of these items (like the armoring mod) that can only be found from 1 operation, that can only be run once per week, make them almost impossible to obtain.

Since you advertise the ability to engage in Pvp content both on the server itself and in WZs and currently on my low pop server (kinrath spider) that has been either impossible or rare over the last 5 weeks or so, why wouldnt you at least offer a free month of playtime?

I mean you're saying you offer a product but are currently unable to deliver in some respects.

I appreciate your time and giving us this forum for questions. Thanks!!

With 1.3 shaping up tobe for the PvPers out there with rank war zones., could you please give us a estimate time line of when we could expect to see more PvE content such as Denova Nightmare?

I know you previously said that you're planning to speed it up but having some sort of time line would greatly help in calming those of us who's just craving for more new PvE stuff to do.

Thanks

I know you guys have adjusted the way medals are awarded in WZ's, but, It's quite frustrating to play gunslinger because we are locked out of gaining medals in 2 categories - AND, compared to our imperial counterpart, we're almost always locked out of getting 5k damage medals as well.

Gunslingers, by and large, could really use a couple of subtle shifts in programming, to enable us at least to get 5k damage hits more frequently. (I play SS tree, and also Sabo tree, with 4piece WH, and 1300 exp and rarely see 5k hits... I mean, probably 1 out of 40 WZ played will I get a 5k hit).

As well, we could also use some way of collecting some defensive medals... but, none were forthcoming with the last few adjustments.

So, the question is, are there any plans to adjust medals acquisition in the future with regards to ranged dual wielding AC's and more generally for DPS AC's who cannot produce healing/defence in the traditional (currently programmed) sense?

Is there any chance of improving the animations for proc based abilities. Currently i spen most of a fight staring at my little square buffs waiting for the proc buff to appear. The animations on your character are hard to see. Perhaps something like the ability's border glows or something.

Will you start to warn the new players to prevent them from starting in unpopulated (dead) servers? Leveling up without any pvp and flashpoints is boring and to play same thing again just after you started to enjoy the game, got some cool skills is annoying.

Dark hooded robes are to me very iconic for sith - but currently only juggernauts (and lucky sith inquisitors who have the supreme inquisitor robe) can have this look. Are there any plans on giving marauders the same simple dark hooded armour robes as juggernauts, and if not, why not?

It's always great to get a dropped schematic (or as a mission bonus) but for synthweaving and armormech a lot are blues for slots that, even if reverse engineered to the superior level, still wind up inferior to oranges in the end because they become obsolete, so that they're not worth the time and mats it takes to RE them. Is there any chance to make dropped schematics more useful, such as reverse engineering the item so that it can become a mod-filled purple (so eventually you could swap in superior mods), or perhaps gain a small bonus ala the rakata/war hero gear that would be unique to them (something small to offset the lack of versatility), or something else to make all the time and mats it takes to reverse engineering these bonus schems worth it?

My questions revolve around Server Transfers. Both Free and Paid.

In other MMOs we have seen such free transfers be unsuccessful to solve low server problems because appropriate target servers are unavailable for free transfer, but are available for paid transfer.

Looking at EU, PvE, English server populations for instance.

The highest pop server of this type is The Red Eclipse.

This server has not had a "Heavy" load (as given by the official page http://www.swtor.com/server-status ) since the launch of "that other RPG" on May 15.

Not even on Sunday peak times, does it achieve a "Heavy" classification.

http://www.torstatus.net/the-red-eclipse/trends/30d

This is based on data gathered from the official page, by the author of the torstatus page.

My questions are:

Can we expect to be able to free transfer to this server? (All things being equal, and the situation remaining unchanged till transfers actually becoming available) (or Dune Bantha http://www.torstatus.net/dune-bantha/trends/30d ) ? Or will logical target servers be reserved for paid transfers?

We can ofcourse appreciate that (looking at US pops) that transfers to The Fat Man, for instance, would be out of the question for free transfers http://www.torstatus.net/the-fatman/trends/7d since this server has a "Full" rating during peak times.

What are the criteria for Free Transfer target servers? Again, referencing Free Transfer capabilities in other MMOs, the target servers available to free transfer to, were useless targets. Either the same, or lower populations than the originating server. With only paid transfers yielding target servers that made any sense. In these instances Free Transfers failed to yield any kind of positive result for the communities, with the appearance that a company would use only paid services to yield positive results.

Can we expect the same from this round of tranfsers in SWTOR, or can we reasonably expect an approach that puts the community's needs above all else?

Will Guild Transfers be available? That an entire guild can transfer in one move?

Edited by DesleDarksyde