Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans on making credits, crafting mats, cargo bay etc. Cross legacy? Right now transferring between alts via E-mail can be a pain. Or at least some way of viewing your total "net worth" for your entire legacy (useful if you have a lot of alts and is trying to unlock one of the pricier legacy unlocks, for instance)

Now when the Alderaan Civil War warzone going to be same faction vs same faction, is it possible to see an option to not play against people of your own faction? I am a trooper i didnt sign up for training or sport events, i signed up for killing imperials!

IDEA FOR ILUM. now this could be way off the deep end but bear with me. Make a special vendor on the battle side of Ilum only accessible to whoever has control over the planet, either by a buff you receive for controlling the planet or by it just appearing for whichever fraction owns the majority of the planet. Inside that vendor will have special customization's, maybe some schematics, possibly titles you can buy, something worth wild that no other vendor has. Now i know what your thinking what to use to purchase such items right? how about those armaments that spawn in central become a token you use to purchase those items? or even use pvp comms.

Since some classes have armor restrictions, would it be possible to get a "vanity armor" function? In which you could equip armor or clothing that wasn't for your class for the appearance only? The function is similar to the Appearance tab used in Galaxies and I believe WoW has some form of this as well.

I really hate that the the Sith Warrior gets to enjoy wearing a mask under it's hood, but the Assassin and Sorcerer can't despite the early promo screens. Some of the armor sets just look stupid without the hood up. That said, an Apperance tab or vanity armor function would go a long ways for the role players out there.

And Chat bubbles. Please put them somewhere in your priorities above "end of the world" :)

This is a two part question:

1) Has there been any idea of setting up an alliance for guilds? When we created a guild before the game went live, we were able to have both friendly and enemy guilds chosen. I realize it was primarily used for, at the time, server placement, but then nothing more came of it. An alliance chat option (similar to DAOC and Warhammer Online) would be a huge asset for smaller guilds to find both world PvP and PvE groups.

2) To go along with the Alliance question, has there been any thought in using world PvP to allow for 'control' of a planet? There is plenty that could be done with this control, but something as small as a % boost to experience could be very beneficial to lowbies that are leveling.

You've mentioned recently that space missions are heavily utilized by the players, but since launch there are still only the same handful of missions (many of which are progressively harder versions of the same basic mission). What is the time frame on potential plans to add new missions in the current template, or upgrade the space engine in general? Any chance we see multiplayer space missions by the end of the year, either PvE or PvP?

Hi I was thinking while playing Kotor:2 on maintenance time, Why does our classes have quests....but our AC classes don't? Wouldn't it be a great idea to have a whole story arc for the class you choose? Or even things are different for your story with a different AC choice? Just think of it for new content story. It would be great intensive to re-roll many times over to experience the whole story. What if AC Choice made More impact to a players character then just what 2 talent pages and defining role they played. What if it could change the direction of your character!!!!

Epic......

Example of some ways it COULD HAVE been implemented in the current story line

Spoilers for Imperial Agent story

I am playing a Imperial Agent Right now an I'm being sent to Coreilla to the front lines. I believe Being a Sniper opposed to a stealth operated Operative my missions would be considerably different

How happy you are about the current Fleet architecture?

Don't you think it's too monotonous and forces players to constantly check the map to move between very few points of interest across all those deserted corridors, twists and a huge central pit-trap named "cantina"?

I'm glad to see that ranked warzones are still on track, but I'm still waiting on some specific information regarding the character transfer service (how it will be carried out, dates, target servers, etc.). Can you at least give us something to help plan for what will be an almost certain cluster****?

Info on this would be great my sub is coming to an end soon and wont be resubbing unless i know i can move to the server i have toons on now and no its not the fatman

Last week you answered a question about what you do during that weekly downtime, but have you considered filming a short video of what happens during transferring a major patch, i.e, 1.3, to live so we can see what it's like on your end during that high stress period?

Other companies have had great success with sharing such info with their communities, especially when done comically. :D

Edited by Elfa

Just want to carry in some wishes about Expertise's role in PVP. Why do you keep improving and improving Expertise's role in PVP? Because of that, fights on lvl 50 WZs became significantly faster and we can't completely enjoy the fights unless we have good gear (augmented WH, thats what i mean). You just come from your respawn to the fight, instantly die and it happens over and over.

Compared to lvl 50 WZs, WZs on lvls 10-49 seems significantly more balanced. Even on the lvl ~15 you can be useful for your team, hit some damage to other players (even if they lvl 40+) and not feel yourself like a cannon fodder, you know.

Besides, because of the Expertise, to the foreground comes the amount of Expertise you have, but not your skill. No matter how good you are in playing your class, but if you have 900 Expertise and your rival have 1200, in fight 1vs1 whichever skills you use, you will be defeated, even if your rival was AFK and comes to PC only when his HP was near 50% :o In the meanwhile, in lvl 10-49 PVP situation is absolutely opposite. No matter what lvl you are, if you don't know how to play your class, you will be defeated against skilled player, even if your rival's lvl is lower by ~20 than yours.

Please, Bioware, reconsider the Expertise's role to make PVP more balanced.

P.S. And the biggest wish from me(I'm playing Jedi Guardian) and all my friends - Guardians - please, change the Slash's skill animation! Because now it looks absolutely ugly. I'm sure there a lot of other Guardians who wants this to change, too ;)

Edited by MightyWalker

Will we be allowed to respec our companions, so that, for example, Kira can be used as a healer rather than DPS, or other DPS characters more efficiently used as tanks or healers? Because it is a real shame that only one companion is viable depending on your class in the elder game. Also, will we be allowed to add our companions to our Legacy Tree?

Some companion abilities still will not stay toggled off, I have reported this several times over the past 3 months and as far as I can tell it is not being addressed, It is not in the Known Issues section or anywhere else official. Since some companions were corrected in the past, can we expect the rest to be addressed sometime soon?

I've been playing SWTOR since the launch and have several lvl 50 toons now. I still enjoy doing the hm flashpoints, however.. After doing them many times i find myself now loaded with tionese commendations and crystals which I can only use to buy tionese armor with (which I dont need anymore since i got about all the columi / rakata gear there is)

Would it be possible in the future to maybe exchange these commendations and / or crystals for rare crafting materials? like biometric crystal alloy for example?

Any plans for this?

In comparison to some of the other Star Wars games by Lucas Arts, I've noticed that even though this game does not take place near the time line during the movies, it does not have as strong of a Star Wars feel as other titles do. The music being one of them. With that, there are too many quiet moments, and during other moments the music being played does not grab me as being in a Star Wars environment. As with the current end game gear, it looks too Warcraft-ish, and not convincing of a Star Wars character. Amy Beth Christenson who designed the costumes for The Force Unleashed 1&2 nailed it perfectly. I also feel as though SWTOR could benefit from a more dramatic use of lighting and shading around the character and the environments, including the sounds, and sound effects. Is any of this being looked at by the devs to put more Star Wars in The Old Republic? Perhaps collaborating with Lucas Arts/Film more so, adding Industrail Light & Magic, and Skywalker sound would help? Edited by xorcist

i figure this is a long shot but i still want to ask. I was only able to participate for a very brief time while the Rakhghol plauge/event was happening, and because of that i only managed to get a few parts of the containment suit. My question is, can you make the containment suit regettable in the near future, or buyable with our leftover rakhgoul DNA samples that we may still have? Thanks

I have two questions involving the server transfers. (1) What do you plan to do about clashing names? If per se there are two characters name Bob going into the same server, or one of them was there first, how do you plan to deal with that? Will we have the option to choose a new name or is one given to us? (2) What will happen to the legacy of a server? My main legacy is on the server Anchorhead, one of the lowest populated servers, so I'm most likely going to transfer many characters, if not all, to a higher density server. Will I loose everything, my legacy levels, perks, and species unlocks, or will it all get transfered with me? My suggestion would be to either make cross-server legacies or make legacy transfers, not just individual character transfers. If neither of those things will be available, what will happen? Edited by Zonastus

Why don't more companions have unique abilities? After reading the bio for the Inquisitor's Khem Val, for example, I thought his specialty was devouring force users, and ... he has the exact same abilities as the Jedi Knight's Lord Scourge, except Scourge has the additional lightsaber weapon proficiency. Even companions that look like they have unique abilities, like Xalek, if you look closer their abilities are just renamed versions of the ranged tank abilities that Corso or Lt Pierce has, it feels like there's no difference when I'm playing with a companion of one class and then switch to a different class and use that class's companion with the same role. I'd love to see more cases like Dr. Lokin, playing with him feels different that using Guss Tuno for example. Edited by FireFoxed

Can someone explain to me why after a wz game ended prematurely due to one tam being undermanned---which was explained in the patch notes and is acceptable---but why when the game which I played in where the Imp team was full and the Rep side had 5 members--no points were gained by either side--no kills--no deaths--no capping of targets---no healing---all the scores on the score sheet at the end were zeros except for some damage caused by my self and another colleague----why were the Imps defeated and why were the reps given 6 medals each for doing nothing? this has happened in other wz matches too since the last patch---why are the medals awarded for no activity?