Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

Can you educate us on how the bug report system is utilized? I understand we report an issue, it gets forwarded to whatever person or department to investigate and then gets put into a que or a list for a possible fix. However, what confuses me is that some bugs just don't seem to get fixed, as an example Class quests that cant be completed for months at a time, light or dark side points that cant be accrued since January, etc...

Is there a work around on these issues? I assume I may be missing something as these issues affect game play and again I assume they would be a priority to fix.

Thanks

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans to implement a "Guild Legacy" system where unlocked and/or bought perks effect all members in the guild? (ie: Small credit % generated for the guild cargo hold from mob pickups) Edited by Dark_Jukar
Shortening to only a question.

The search feature of the GTN is flawed or broken. Are you aware of the problems and are you going to fix it any time soon? For example, I just tried searching for Firkrann Crystal. Selecting Crafting materials and Archaeology, I typed Crystal in the box. Only 2 types of Blue crystals appeared. Leaving the text box blank, I can see many other types of crystals that should have appeared, but didn't. This is just 1 example of many occurrences.

Does anyone else have a problem with the Pvp? I really don't think that a week is enough time to muster up 9 victories. And it gets really old really quick to not get a single commendation for a Pvp area. Is anything planned to help balance?

I switch regularly between my PvE and PvP gear. I like to match colors to chest piece on some of my gear, but it gets annoying having to open up the inventory screen and clicking all the buttons to match colors to chest piece every time I switch between the gear.

Have you ever considered adding a feature that would allow you to save these settings through the user interface, or even enable you to designate an entire set of gear (PvE gear) so you can switch all pieces of gear at once?

Hey Bioware, just wondering about flying mounts... are they on the list?? I have 3 level 50's and besides pvp, most of my time on swtor is spent traveling long distances on planets to reach bosses I'm hunting for loot. This is Star Wars we are talking about.. I just want a flying mount so I can save myself the time and the work of following roads and paths that loop back and forth when all I want to do is go strait to my destination. Is it too early?? I don't know but, I think anyone with more than 2 level 50's has earned the right to own a flying mount. Please consider and keep up the good work. :D

With server transfers being deployed soon, and among other doubts, i'd like to know (more or less) how much time we'll have to decide which server we want to go before we're forced to transfer?

Also, is there any possibility we can invite people on our friends list to join us on other server, such as "Player X is transfering to server Y and has invited you to join him. Do you wish to transfer to the same server as this person?" Something along those lines.

Are you currently working on optimizing the game engine?

We did notice some improvements in 1.2, very pleased. But are there any plans in the near future? More specific, higher textures and reduced lag when there are large amount of people in the area

Question: What's taking so long to merge servers and when can we expect them (I'd like a solid date or two week window)?

Suggestion: You should consolidate all the low pop servers based on types. (All low PvP servers with other low PvP servers etc...) and then merge them. After the merger you should activate transfers. Or you could respond by saying your working on it, giving yet another vague answer. This requires action now and answers set in stone. You will not respond to this question. I'd say my jimmies are a bit rustled because I love to do the operations, but I can't do Denova Hardmode with just 5 people on fleet, can I? (also I've cleared all the operations on all difficulties I'm quite good at the game yay!)

It seems that right now there is a bit of an imbalance with the "mission" crewskills, specifically i would cite Investigation and Underworld Trading. Only one crafting skill uses investigation (Armstech), whereas three skills use underworld trading (Synthweaving, Armormech, and Cybertech). This makes it considerably harder to get materials for UT because of the variety of missions (metals, fabrics, and gifts), sometimes there isn't even a mission for what you want. My question is, why do skills like investigation only benefit one crafting skill while underworld trading benefits three? Is there any plan to change this in the future to make it as easy to get Mandalorian Iron as it is to get Ultrachrome?

Otovyoto (TarroBlood): Hey there Devs! Currently, when we go to invite for groups, we tend to go to the "friends" tab. It would be A LOT easier if the same function could be added to the "guild" tab. Any thoughts on implementing this to the UI?

Could you please share news on chat bubbles? What's the target ETA (date or patch number) for them? We haven't heard anything about chat bubbles since February/early March and many would like to know when we'll finally see them in the game.

Keep in mind that many long-term subscriptions are up for renewal soon, and many social roleplayers may not renew if we don't get an official ETA on chat bubbles soon.

Edited by Glzmo

I have noticed while playing a scoundrel and operative that the skills K.O. and Jarring Strike don't seem to knock down the target for as long as they used to. I used to use the brief stun from this skill to get in an extra cheap shot or eviscerate but now am unable to. My question is what was the reason for shortening the stun for these abilities and are there any plans to return to the way it used to be (seeing as how operatives and scoundrels can't get an extra hit in on the target in this amount of time). Thanks.

So I bought the 5 mil neutral GTN for legacy. I invited some guildies to go to my ship and check it out. Well we couldnt find anything so I offered 50k to the first one to find a item actually on it. We found 2 Mandolrian Iron for 100k a piece... Thats it. So with 1.3 will yall connect it thru both factions? So if I put a item up it will appear on both and when I am looking to buy I can see both? People will want to buy it more and I wont feel that I just wasted 5 mil.

Are there any plans to make Armstech a useful end game crafting skill when compared to others? Currently max skill every craft is given some form of Rakata level item as a bonus for max skill, except Armstech. During flashpoints and operations every craft is regularly given some form of patterns that drop, except Armstech. Currently Armstech is reduced to spitting out augmentable weapon shells, a few augments, and lower barrels/weapons for leveling, and the crafter doesn't even get a bonus item like everyone else.

Will the new Group Finder only work for solo players to find random group members, or will two or three friends that are already grouped together manually be able to still play together and fill the open spots in the group with random group members with it? I don't want to end up in different groups than my friends when using the group finder.

This would be very important to me, as I usually play with one or two good friends and we haven't been able to engage in many hard mode heroics or operations due to not being able to find players to go with us. Will the group finder help with this?

Edited by Stubacca

My question is this. I purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game because I liked the way the speeder that you got looked. Then....everyone is buying newer faster speeders. Because it gets you around faster. I still like my DDE speeder. Are there any plans to make these an uprgradeable item so I can still use my speeder of choice and keep up with my guild mates? I would just prefer to not have to buy a whole new speeder when I already have purchased one, and could conceivably just upgrade it. Right? This to my way of thinking would definitely be an awesome addition to the game. I would much rather upgrade my current speeder than have to buy one that...personally I don't care for. Thanks for listening.