Official Q&A Thread for June 8th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bioware and the rest of the swtor community

When ranked warzones are deployed will it be possible to see the matches from a spectator mode? Not like following a specific player, but watching the match from above?

Sometimes in operations there is a schematic drop that we roll for randomly...and say i get a sythweaving schem and I'm a armormech the schem is BOP...can you possibly make that bound to legacy so i can give it to another on of my characters?

Currently it's hard to distinguish a heroic and a normal mission being given by an NPC until after being given it or accepting it. To help keep track of missions, could a different color be used ot denote the mission as being a heroic? For example, whilst normal quests have the usual yellow triangle symbol, for heroics it could be blue. Also to help remember whether a player has completed that heroic before, a green symbol could be placed above the NPC.

Is there any practical reason why Assassins/Sages are being penalized for using Electrostaves currently? Using one locks you out of some of your key abilities (like your backstab and saber forms). It seems odd because Warriors/Knights can use vibroswords without penalty (all of their skills can be used), but Assassins/Sages can't do the same with their non-lightsaber weapon.

Are there any plans to steamline travel times in the game?

For instance, wouldn't it be better to be given the option to go to quick travel points when you exit your ship (assuming you have discovered them), instead of having to keep going through the orbital stations after you have completed quests.

Can you give us more detail on how "Looking for group" system works?

My concern is seeing low geared players queing up for hard modes and handicapping the rest of the party because they want to be carried and skip normal mode. I've seen this happen so many times in other MMOs and it is not fun wiping constantly because someone did not want to gear up properly.

Can you tell us if the system will do a gear check or overall rating check or are you going to let fresh 50s run around in hardmode with level 40 green gear from LFG ques?

Is there any news about a possible MAC game client?

I heard this was considered and maybe people are working in the background on it. I would really love to run one and don't be dependent on bootcamp.

Can you explain the reasoning behind making the BIS Consumable, Exotech Stims&Arendals, drop so rarely and seemingly only on Hard Mod EV&KP? Why there isn't a way to purchase these? Why they don't drop in Explosive Conflict? Or off Bosses?

PS I realize there's lots of question marks in there but I assure you it is one question and asking for clarification of the intent.

In terms of balancing the classes a lot of MMO's often take the route of the nerf-bat and try to bring down a lot of the "better" classes back to the "poorer" ones. As of right now there are tonnes of threads asking for nerfs for Mara/Sents, Powertechs and Tankassassins. I understand it is not as straightforward as I am putting it but are there any plans within Bioware to approach it the other way around? Buffing up the other classes to bring them on par with these three classes?

Will you guys ever fix the method of traveling? I come from galaxies and well you guys have a terrible method of getting to point A to B if you guys have ever seen swg travel.

It starts right inside the starport not the hangers with terminals that pulls up the planets as well as listing each starport. Than you have the sub transports which are shuttles on the planets that take you to towns and different parts of the cities.

I'm about to hit Legacy level 50. However I have nothing to show for it! Why haven't legacy titles been added and are there any plans to add such titles? Also how come you cant choose to display your legacy level as well as your normal one?

My question is about the gear tier progression. It is very confusing I think right now to make the switch, due to the fact that they are not all upgrades, but more like side grades. Bounty Hunter black hole gear looses a lot of aim. Sin tank gear goes from shild/absorb in Columi back to def in Rakata and now back to shield/absob in black hole but with black hole I loose a ton of end . Rakata Sorc's gear is even more confusing the Force-Mystic gear has less stats than the Force-Masters gear, so right now healers are forced to wear dps gear and sacrifice the appropriate set bonus to have the best stats, or get the drop twice and spend a ton of credits moving mods.

What did you intend when making these stat changes? Do you want us to manufacture our own gear? did you intend for some classes to sacrifice a lot of their Main Stat when "upgrading"? Why does some Rakata gear have more appropriate stats than Campaign? Why can't we RE black hole gear?

I am just kinda lost as to what you expect us to do with this gear and if you intended for us to move mods around to create our own gear why is cost so much to do that.

-Navari

Rakata Survivors Legs

Black Hole Duelist Legs

With the above pieces for example, Rakata mods in an augmented orange piece with a defense augment are a straight upgrade to the Black Hole pants.

I'd like to know what happend to be able to select which WZ we can qeue for. Pretty sure you guys said you'd have it in for 1.2 but, so far, nothing. I HATE huttball and am fed up with it. I'm pretty much tired of traps that do 20,000k+ damage in less than three seconds, which in my opinion, is ridiculous. Speaking of which, I though the damage was supposed to be reduced. I fail to see how it was. But, for the most part, if we don't like a WZ we should have the option of not entering so that someone who does like it, can play it.

This is another 1.3 question... in reguards to the Augment slot kits.

I've heard reports outside this site about how only certain crafting classes will be able to make augment kits. And that they may be a little 'generic' in terms of their use.

I would like to know exactly which crafting skills will be able to make which specfic types of augment kits?

My personal thought is that the class that makes that item, should get the schematic to make the augment kit for it.

Synthweaving for Jedi style robes.

Armormech for Trooper/smuggler style gear.

Artifice for Saber handles and possibly the relics themselves

Cybertech for the Earpieces

Biochem for the Implants.

Armstech for the guns and blades they can make.

I also would like to know what items will NOT be augmentable. Ie. the confusion about anything being able to be RE'd for a pattern with the new items for 1.2.. or the set bonuses being able to transfer. Because the statement in the video said nearly everything can be augmented with these kits. I would like to know the definition of the world "Nearly" in that context.

How does stealth factor into PvP balance? For example, if Assassins, Juggernauts, and Powertechs were all exactly equally capable tanks in combat, why wouldn't everyone just want to play with Assassins for the additional benefit of stealth?

Everyone has been worried about server population (the lack there of) and being able to move to a higher pop server. I am sure the all of the players and Bioware agree to this. I can appreciate that Bioware is working on the technicalities of it and will have it available for us within a month or two. However, I have not heard or seen anything in regards to Guilds in this.

Let's take my guild for instance. I run about 200+ registered members and anywhere between 8-23 people online at any given time. The Republic Fleet on my server has anywhere from 4-37 people on at any given time. As you can see, for LvL 50 characters playing the game, my guild is a large majority of it. That's great and all, whoop-de-do on my part. The issue I am going to be running into is when the transfers actually hit. I know that my server will be one of the ones to go completely dead due to everyone moving off of it. I then have two options to go with my guild.

Option A: Stay on the server and have my guild as the sole population on the server.

Option B: Move to a new server once transfers are available

The obvious problem with Option A is well.......................................the whole server pop issue, derp.

I am resigned to Option B. Not so bad of an issue in regards to population. Now the question becomes, how do I get my entire guild moved AND the guild bank?

Moving guild members isn't so much of an issue with the MOTD and guild website, however I would like a simpler auto-move for guilds available.

The bigger issues comes when you take into account the amount of creds we have put into the guild bank and all the items we have there. Sure you can withdraw everything, but what happens you have purchased up to the 7th bank tab? Are all those creds just poofed and gone?

The question I pose to you is this: Is there a function available to in 1.3 that will allow Guilds to transfers servers (at lest for the initial transfer)? If not, why and what systems are in place to reduce the grief on the players part?

You have already stated that you were wanting to expand on the legacy system in future patches, are you going to be broadening the use of the legacy system such as making Legacy adaptive gear, companions or mini pets for PvE er's or Legacy PvP gear, mods, buffs, ect. for for PvP er's?

:csw_deathstar_un:

Can you add options to Romance that don't include going to bed before marriage? And can you add romance options for us conservative girls afraid to flirt?

I don't want to miss out on a marriage because I don't want to get intimate [other than a nice kiss] before marriage.

I also want to be able to have more than one choice for marriage. I deleted my female Jedi Knight because I couldn't bear romancing Doc. Instead I have a male Jedi Knight romancing Kira and I pretend I'm Kira.

Thanks for having kisses that aren't too long, and are very tingly...oooh. Just right. And the way the cut scenes are, I can imagine there is just talking going on and getting to know one another while snuggling. The bed is still made, my hair is unrumpled, and my clothes are intact afterwards. So maybe a nice, Light Side girl can stay nice, even when she's...

a Sith. :p

BTW I'm in my 50s and I'm a girl. So is my sister and my daughter, we all play!

Are there any plans to have server wide community events that may be somewhat more persistent? I'll cite the World of Warcraft Gates of Ahn'Qiraj world event as an example. The Rakghoul outbreak event really brought the community together, albeit standing around in one place, but a lot of people really had fun. So to be more precise, any plans to include a community effort to build something semi-permanent on a large scale, like lets say fortresses, that would involve both the PvE and PvP community that could involve either the entire server or an alliance of guilds?