Game Update 1.3 preview now on ign

Pompeia

Agree. It will only be handy on a few servers. Maybe with server transfers it will help things.

Yes. Another useless feature. No cross realm LFG. What were they thinking? lol And the server transfers won't help once people realize they can only go to a randomly chosen server.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server transfers or no, lack of cross realm queuing plus lack of cross realm PVP is ridiculous in this day and age. With same server, you'll find a group ok at peak hours. Good luck if you're one of the people that play in off hours though.

Ridiculous to you maybe but not for me in fact its a selling point.

Its why I no longer play WoW or Rift because they have X server LFG.

I was expecting more...

But we asked for LFG and Server Merges loudest and it appears they listened and will deliver. Can't fault that.

Now it will be about judging how well it's executed while having one eye on what next - I support the game by playing,I pay for it to be developed - 1.4 patch.

The clothing tweak is well, it makes sense. As a crafting-whore the augment table has me most curious.

No sticky in the forums concerning this information nor is there a blog entry. Also no link on this site under media section for latest videos.

If there is please link.

This is common practise, calm down. IGN pays to get to talk about this first and get the traffic. Happens all the time with games. Someone always posts on the forums and in the off chance you missed it it will be all over this site by the end of the week.

LFG Finder will be useless since its server side only.

Not if it comes with transfers.

Geezus...if he thinks 1.2 was such a huge success, I'd hate to see a failure.

Edited by TUXs

This is common practise, calm down. IGN pays to get to talk about this first and get the traffic. Happens all the time with games. Someone always posts on the forums and in the off chance you missed it it will be all over this site by the end of the week.

There was literally 0 new info about anything. Yeah, how dare BW not repeat themselves 20 times a month. /facepalm

Agree. It will only be handy on a few servers. Maybe with server transfers it will help things.

With server transfers it will work for a few days, but only at peak play time. and if servers stay full. Anyone who plays wow or rift as a dps knows how long a cross server lfg tool can take.

immagine how long it will take if it was same server, wow server caps are 3k-3.5k? swtor is 1k-1.5k?

Or that wow has one extra spot for dps per group.

Not to mention dual specs so people can easily switch roles to fill out groups.

I really dont see how people think a same server tool will work in swtor, my guess is the anti x server people dont care if it doesnt work,

With server transfers it will work for a few days, but only at peak play time. and if servers stay full. Anyone who plays wow or rift as a dps knows how long a cross server lfg tool can take.

immagine how long it will take if it was same server, wow server caps are 3k-3.5k? swtor is 1k-1.5k?

Or that wow has one extra spot for dps per group.

Not to mention dual specs so people can easily switch roles to fill out groups.

I really dont see how people think a same server tool will work in swtor, my guess is the anti x server people dont care if it doesnt work,

Queue for EVERYTHING at your level range

Proceed to solo as normal

If something pops, all the better.

Even if you get to do MAYBE 50% of the content, thats a HELL of a lot more than most people are seeing having to LFG in general chat for 3 hours.

I love the forums lol.

People are mad because of no new info > people are mad because BW didn't release the info first

People are mad because of no LFG > people are mad because it's not the LFG they wanted

People are mad because of low server > people are mad because it's not the transfer they wanted.

I guess the saying is true, haters just want to hate.

Cross server LFG promotes ninja looting and general dick-headedness.

Just look at WoW as an example.

If BW ever goes cross-server LFG, I'll cancel.

well infortunately if you look at the threads youre in the minority, if you take into account all the people that already left the game anti x-server people probably dont make up enough of the population to make a server register as "standard"

it would be great if they made one server with no x server to put all of you people on, i would have absolutely no problem with that.

Last week was the week of multiple threads on lack of communication by BW on these sites and we have this happen this week? I just don't understand why this site is not their primary means of communication with the people that pay to play their game rather than "game sites" and "twitter".

Edited by Urael

There are 2 things in the article that are new at least for me, and I keep browsing the forum now and then daily to see if there is an update about transfers.

1- Some leaked info pointed 1.3 to introduce a companion equivalent to HK-47 assassin droid. This may mean nothing to many of you, but to those that played the original KotOR it means a lot - he was one of the best companions to have around due to hes sarcasm speaches.

2- I dont see anything pointing to the transfers hapening before the patch is released, unlike some info we got earlier this week. I can live with that, but I cant do FPs or Heroics untill then - i'm also on a deserted server (sith'ari).

Edited by Pompeia

Ridiculous to you maybe but not for me in fact its a selling point.

Its why I no longer play WoW or Rift because they have X server LFG.

Pro's and Cons for both ... personally I am not a fan of X-Server LFM's, cos of the social issues it causes,the nerd rager and cry babies, the loot griefer and the group booters/droppers... but that said in SWTOR (IMO) a same server tool is going to be predominetly a waste of time... unless everyone rolls to the same 3, 4 maybe 5 servers... and I am fairly sure the few already popular servers wont be on the list, certainly not the free list.

But heyho only time will tell.. I'm not holding my breath though... cos even if the transfers and LFG tool has an impact, I am more concerned that the games poor performance starts to bleed back through once servers are busy... something to me feels like this has been a more manipulated population issue to ease the performance concerns I think they already knew existed prior to launch. I cant see any other reason wh they smacked soo many servers up at once rather than a gradual increase and server cap increses... call me a sceptic but ... hey thats just my opinion.

Edited by Bloodstealer

well infortunately if you look at the threads youre in the minority, if you take into account all the people that already left the game anti x-server people probably dont make up enough of the population to make a server register as "standard"

it would be great if they made one server with no x server to put all of you people on, i would have absolutely no problem with that.

Yeah, I learned a LONG time ago that judging anything by the "number of threads" is pointless and usually wrong.

I'm fairly confident I'm not in the minority however, but even if I am, I and BW know this is for the better enjoyment of everyone who still plays this game.

IGN: Most servers seem to be light or standard population density these days, are you considering implementing server merges in the near future so it’s easier for players to find group members?

Daniel Erickson: Character transfers for select servers are coming first and we are open to any and all options after that. The important thing is that players can play with their friends and with the type and size of community they enjoy.

ROFL:p

Pompeia you are now part of the Communications and Media Team at SWTOR. They used your post as the sticky post to "break this news" on their own site.

:D

I used to be a journalist, so can live with that :)

The server transfers are supposed to fix this issue. Or am I wrong? Doomsayers know better than someone who is logical and thinks things through.

The transfers will be day 1 but there was no mention of all servers being able to be transfered to from day one making the point valid. Unless people can truly go where their friends and the most populated servers are the LFG system is worthless.

Reaction in a netshell

OMG thank god, maybe finally the game will start to be interesting again!

"we still want to respect the communities that have developed on servers so it does not support cross-server play."

Oh. Never mind.

I try to stay positive on the forums, but I can't understand the level of delusion required to do make a statement like this. The reason we want a group finder is because we CAN'T MAKE GROUPS. And the reason we can't make groups is THERE ARE LESS THEN A HANDFUL PEOPLE LOOKING FOR GROUP ON THE SERVER AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT.

So now we have a tool that will tell us there are no groups going on on our dead server. Great. Thanks for that.

Edited by lexiekaboom

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.