Game Update 1.3 preview now on ign

Pompeia

No cross server lfg is a huge fail.

People running this mmo need to start losing their jobs/getting demoted. They clearly have not a clue.

You want them to lose their jobs? Seriously?

Yeah... wow.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want them to lose their jobs? Seriously?

Yeah... wow.

Yes. Whoever owns the product development roadmap needs to get canned, and replaced by someone who actually knows how to develop and launch compelling content.

Edited by Kllashaa

This is the most idiotic thing i ever saw in my life... ive been waiting for server transfer for so long and now look here it came...but not only the new augmented stuff make me lose MILLIONS OF CREDITS since i am stucked on a dead server with 10xfull augmented sets MATS FOR 200+ augments and MORE mats.... this patch will not only make me decide to quit but proved me how this ppl are working...with theyr butts... Edited by Terrorgirl

Server transfers or no, lack of cross realm queuing plus lack of cross realm PVP is ridiculous in this day and age. With same server, you'll find a group ok at peak hours. Good luck if you're one of the people that play in off hours though.

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel. I'm a US Pacific Coast player who only usually gets online around 10 pm, and server populations--even on big servers--are all starting to hit "Light" at that point. I really wouldn't mind at all seeing a few people from another server, especially if they're from servers with the same ruleset as the one I'm on.

Either way, though, I'm optimistic about the LFG tool, since there are so many Flashpoints I haven't even seen yet, despite having played regularly since launch.

This is the most idiotic thing i ever saw in my life... ive been waiting for server transfer for so long and now look here it came...but not only the new augmented stuff make me lose MILLIONS OF CREDITS since i am stucked on a dead server with 10xfull augmented sets MATS FOR 200+ augments and MORE mats.... this patch will not only make me decide to quit but proved me how this ppl are working...with theyr butts...

uh...what?

side note: too late bioware, you killed it already

Quick glance looks like from 20k credits at the first tier, up to 100k credits at the last tier. The xp bonuses were +2% at tier 1, +4% at tier two, and +10% at tier 5. All the bonuses stack with each other, so probably is a 30% bonus to xp.

Excellent news... I love to pvp so this will be very welcome!

Quick glance looks like from 20k credits at the first tier, up to 100k credits at the last tier. The xp bonuses were +2% at tier 1, +4% at tier two, and +10% at tier 5. All the bonuses stack with each other, so probably is a 30% bonus to xp.

So the only choices I would have are these:

1. 300k for 30% gain on retarded space missions.. in the long run not a smart idea. Not smart enough and really feels out of place.

2. 300k for 30% xp gain on bosses alone... assuming I run flashpoints ad nauseam. Level 1-50 that is. Presumably filler mobs still on normal xp.

3. 300k for PvP. A real winner for the ones that DO level off PvP alone.

So, in reality, we get fair justice for the pvp crowd, only they get to pay for it.. and 2 useless money sinks.

When the ONLY option that WOULD make any sense is missing = normal questing, which is the vast majority of xp or seen as the fastest for leveling alts. I hardly think it is a mistake.

So the only choices I would have are these:

1. 300k for 30% gain on retarded space missions.. in the long run not a smart idea. Not smart enough and really feels out of place.

2. 300k for 30% xp gain on bosses alone... assuming I run flashpoints ad nauseam. Level 1-50 that is. Presumably filler mobs still on normal xp.

3. 300k for PvP. A real winner for the ones that DO level off PvP alone.

So, in reality, we get fair justice for the pvp crowd, only they get to pay for it.. and 2 useless money sinks.

When the ONLY option that WOULD make any sense is missing = normal questing, which is the vast majority of xp or seen as the fastest for leveling alts. I hardly think it is a mistake.

wut? the fastest way to currently level is through questing, these perks are for people who don't like to quest. I hate questing, but PVPing to 50 currently takes far, far too long. So I end up questing. Blegh.

And in a related IGN article I was linked to from the OP's listed article...

Recent games featuring same-sex relationships have faced controversy, including ... and Star Wars: The Old Republic

Not to derail the subject, but Bioware, are you sure you're selling your exclusive story rights to the brightest of "news" sources?

wut? the fastest way to currently level is through questing, these perks are for people who don't like to quest. I hate questing, but PVPing to 50 currently takes far, far too long. So I end up questing. Blegh.

I like questing but past the 2nd it`s no longer funny. Yet I am not offered a XP bonus for rolling alts. And running the SAME content on a planet, bar 4-5 quests (storyline) is not funny at all.

Hey folks, IGN has the exclusive news and video for now (which is why you didn't see this here on our site), but you'll see all of it on our site soon. For now, please go ahead and use this as the official discussion for this news.

Thanks!

but you'll see all of it on our site soon

our site soon

SOON

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

This is probably not a thread they want to keep stickied, as I predict the (few) remaining subbed friends I have playing will unsub after they read what the next 2 months of content looks like. Edited by Kllashaa

YAY, more legacy waste of money.

YAY LFG since its"THE MOST ASKED FOR THING IN GAME"

YAY for no x-server PVP - PVE'ers dont need this.

YAY for no new WZ- PVE'ers dont need this.

YAY no no 8 mans - PVE'ers dont need this.

YAY no ranked 1.2, err 1.3 err later WZ- PVE'ers dont need this.

YAY for server transfers - too bad PVE'ers dont need this either.

am i honestly missing something? i really dont hear or see people asking for LFG........ all i see is FIX PVP. i can honestly say server transfers are nice, but ithout the other parts of pvp this game sucks. i waited for over 3 years for this. and all i get is PVE. such a waste of my money and false advertising. i am SOOOO happy i cancelled right after the free 30 days, heck i havent logged in, in weeks. this game is so bad i will never buy another FAILWARE game. I put them up there with FAILCOM now.

One thing I noticed/am worried about.

I'm largely a crafter. I've been spending a lot of time crafting. And not all that much time "adventuring". As such, I don't have a particularly high legacy level (maybe lvl 15 or so?)

In the video, when the guy was on the legacy page, assuming the page hasn't totally been rearranged, I noticed that 2 of the 3 "increased crit crafting" perks are "locked". Which presumably means either doesn't have enough crits, (so > 700k each *per character*) or doesn't have high enough legacy level (24). Since you get ZERO legacy exp from crafting/selling stuff, (maybe you should? You get it from combat, PvP, and most other gameplay activities, so perhaps you should get legacy XP (but *not* actual xp) from crafting?), that (IMO) ties crafting ability a tad too closely to adventuring a lot for my tastes.

(Note: Yeah, I realized after taking a second look that these unlocks, unlike the existing ones, appear to have to be taken "in order" so 2 & 3 are presumably locked because "1" hasn't been purchased yet. But that doesn't really invalidate the worry that these crafting based perks may require a heavy "adventuring" investment to obtain. It could be locked for BOTH reasons.)

I love all the canned responses: " Legacy was the biggest hit by far...";

Really? Because all I got was an extra buff for my alts, and a bunch of utilities I either don't want to use, or can't use 95% of the time.

"Oh, you mean I can have my companion dance with me?...ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

Edited by BlackSpin

All I needed to see was the addition of augment slots to all of the gear...

Good Grief, now the unkillable pvp'ers will be augmented? Awesome... Absolutely nothing to address the BIG problem, low populations. But we can spend 2mill credits on legacy crap.

Or Do we all just pack up and make one large move to a single server? Maybe the forum people should pick out 6 server destinations and we all flock there?

Trying so hard to not un-sub but this may be it. It's too bad there is so much potential if they can get the core problems worked out.

Right on Mr. Erickson!

I despise doing the same warzones over and over with a bunch of random people... but because there's nothing else, and Ilum was a joke, does that mean they are counting me as the "Entirely successful, most popular, PvP system in the world" crowd?? I hope not.

Mr. Erickson is quoted as saying:

Can I ask how metrics show if a player is actually enjoying a system rather than using it as a means to an end?

I swore off using the Space system because it really felt like an insult to my intelligence. But I began using it a few weeks ago after 1.2 because of the ability to obtain rare crafting mats. Now I still thoroughly dislike the current space on rails system, but it is a necessary evil for me at the moment. How do the metrics register my dislike of the system, and not give BioWare a 'false positive' reading..ie they use metrics to infer that I like the space system when I don't.

They did say this update would be pretty light to get the group finder out as soon as possible because the demand for it was really high. Its pretty much as they said about 2 weeks after 1.2 came out. This wasnt going to be a major content update for everyone.