Game Update 1.3 preview now on ign

Pompeia

Am i missing a healing class that swtor has hidden somewhere? op/smug sage/sorc commando/merc that looks like three to me. three tank classes too, just like wow.

Now if only wow had a dual spec system in place... oh yeah it does and swtor doesnt.

But after server transfers swtor will have a ton of people on servers! oh but less than half of what wow has on servers.

Atleast you tried.

Yes, but you are missing the point.

There are 3 Tanking Classes, 3 DPS classes (DPS only), and 3 Healing Classes, many of which overlap, so once dual-spec comes out, you'll have classes than can switch from DPS to Healing, etc.

There isn't the same disparity in rolls in SWTOR that WoW has. Every class in WoW can be DPS, many of which its their ONLY function. Because of this, the % of DPS classes is way out of whack, which is why its such a problem over there.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to bet on what promised feature will be removed from 1.3 at the very last minute?

If i had to pick id say the social gear or maybe augment slots. But theres nothing very technical in this patch except lfg tool and transfers, which if they drop either of those this game is beyond dead.

Well 1.3 sounds incredibly lame - not one surprise feature and not even a feature that was better than expected, like cross-server LFG. Bleh.

Kind of the bare minimum BW could release and call it an incremental patch instead of a hot fix.

Edited by jgelling

Well 1.3 sounds incredibly lame - not one surprise feature and not even a feature that was better than expected, like cross-server LFG. Bleh.

Kind of the bare minimum BW could release and call it an incremental patch instead of a hot fix.

It IS an incremental patch. Its not a content release.

Do you know anything about the code and programming they have to do, specifically on this game? No. These things take real, physical time to write and deploy.

Do you know anything about the code and programming they have to do, specifically on this game? No. These things take real, physical time to write and deploy.

Lol calm down, ppl are entitled to there opinion. I also agree with Arkerus as will many others.

Looks promising, at least the future upates part where we see concept from space station or something. I find it highly ironic tough that the background chosen for the video, and from many other videos like this, show a space themed background with asteroids etc and space in TOR now is so painfully limited.

Obviously you don't understand that an "increment" in software dev means something specific outside the context of this game. My point is this 1.3 patch is so light it could be 1.2.5 instead. If you don't understand that, don't assume that others are as poorly informed as you.

Edited by jgelling

Yes, but you are missing the point.

There are 3 Tanking Classes, 3 DPS classes (DPS only), and 3 Healing Classes, many of which overlap, so once dual-spec comes out, you'll have classes than can switch from DPS to Healing, etc.

There isn't the same disparity in rolls in SWTOR that WoW has. Every class in WoW can be DPS, many of which its their ONLY function. Because of this, the % of DPS classes is way out of whack, which is why its such a problem over there.

First the obvious, we have no dual spec and no eta on it. And every class in swtor can be dps too, just like wow. because of that the % of dps classes will be even more out of whack untl theres dual specs, then it will be the same as wow.

Second, have you ever played wow? cause you dont seem to know the classes

Wow has 4 tank classes, swtor has 3

Wow has 4 healer classes, swtor has 3

Wow has 3 pure dps classes, swtor has 2

Wow also has two classes that can fill all three roles, swtor has none.

And wow has one extra spot for a dps in every group.

I fail to see your logic.

Edited by Mallorik

Going by that new video I saw something very, very disappointing. The new perks for legacy are not even legacy at all. The tooltip as they moused over said it only applied to the current character. Why introduce that as part of the legacy system if it doesn't even impact the legacy.

If I roll a new character I won't have money to spend on all of the different legacy stuff every time. I guess they assume you will transfer money from alt characters, but why make us have to buy the experience buffs over and over and over again. Also how much does each level actually give? Is it 10% bonus to experience, 100%? I won't buy all of the buffs if it isn't even worth it.

Legacy system is worthless you just grind credits on your main to buy experience boosts for your alt it doesn't even speed up leveling. Bioware just creates a way to make you spend more time in the game while thinking it saves you time. Brilliant because most people will be too dumb to figure it out, but kind of stupid for all the people who actually realize how the system works.

I paused on the legacy perks and it looks like they actually have reasonable costs now. :)

The LFG doesn't seem to have heroics though, you just have to choose 'planetary content'. :(

Edited by DarthZaul

yeah , the spin was heavy in those answers, REALLY HEAVY

Im often disappointed in these company mouth peices when they flat out lie to the public like is being done in this interveiw. Any one who plays, even the most die hard fanboi with the most rose colored glasses can see that populations are down hugely across the board.

Shame they cat (or refuse to say) "hey we screwed up and this is what were doing to fix those screw ups"

And making the game easier???? Really???? Seriously???? Really????

Exactly how low are they trying to go?

And easy is one of the reasons their losing so many accounts,

THE GAME IS ALREADY TO EASY,

you need to be making it harder, more challenging, more time consuming so people focus on the content and not the problems.

I knew 1.3 wasnt going to fix anything so thats not surprising or shocking but the insulting spin being thrown in our faces is probably good for anouther 400k leaving this fiscal quarter.

And at this point I thinks its save to say

EAoware still will not understand why.

*sighs*

;););););)

I've begun to reconsider my objection to cross-server LFG in light of my experiences in Tera (third game I've played that has cross-server tools- this one launched with it in place). The groups there are largely indistinguishable from the single-server built groups I've played in SWTOR and the people have not been jerks - this gives me some hope. Of course, it is a much smaller game and everyone tends to be nice when a game first launches, so time will tell on whether or not it works out in the long run. There are problems with it of course that largely deal around the fact that you can't really make lasting friendships with folks from other servers unless you or they reroll or take a server transfer (and that would have to be one heck of a first impression to justify a server transfer on one game session's worth of group running).

Interestingly the only games I've seen healers be scarce in are games without cross-server LFG and in games with cross-server LFG I find the shortage is always tanks. WoW, Rift, and Tera if you're a tank your queues are either instant or nearly so. SWTOR has a relative abundance of tanks and a comparitive scarcity of healers. I suspect it might be because a tank can still solo fairly well but healers tend to not do well outside of groups and without a tool to provide a ready supply of groups it seems few people go the route of healing.

It'll be interesting to see how this dynamic evolves in SWTOR with a single-server tool and whether or not healers remain the scarce role or if it will shift to tanks like it has in the other games I've played that do have cross-server LFG.

Edited by Katahn

I paused on the legacy perks and it looks like they actually have reasonable costs now. :)

The LFG doesn't seem to have heroics though, you just have to choose 'planetary content'. :(

How much were they ranging??? (At work... details Plz! )

Daniel Erickson: There are no plans to change the payment model. So far what we’ve seen is that when people play The Old Republic they like it.

Then why did you lose 400,000 subscribers? I know, it's because there is no reason to play the game once you level to 50. My guild logs on for ops then leaves and we all go play other games together.

Daniel Erickson: Now the challenge is to make it as easy as possible for people to try playing it the first time.

This just shows the complete incompetance and denial Bioware is in. He is saying that is a better business goal to forget the 400,000 subs they lost and just focus on attracting new customers? Long term subs is where the money is, not the initial purchase.

NEWS FLASH: Bioware, post 50 no on likes your game. We liked it when we knew ranked pvp was coming but since you screwed the pooch on that there is NOTHING to do.

Bioware you had a chance to make an amazing MMO that would be survive year after year but you blew it. You're sinking and the worst part about it is your refuse to admit it.

Want to save your game? here are 3 free tips.

Achievements that actually mean something. Give us a reason to do them. (Titles, mounts, and so on)

Stop everything and get ranked pvp out, now.

Limited time server and faction transfers to attract your 400,000 lost subs back.

Going by that new video I saw something very, very disappointing. The new perks for legacy are not even legacy at all. The tooltip as they moused over said it only applied to the current character. Why introduce that as part of the legacy system if it doesn't even impact the legacy.

If I roll a new character I won't have money to spend on all of the different legacy stuff every time. I guess they assume you will transfer money from alt characters, but why make us have to buy the experience buffs over and over and over again. Also how much does each level actually give? Is it 10% bonus to experience, 100%? I won't buy all of the buffs if it isn't even worth it.

Legacy system is worthless you just grind credits on your main to buy experience boosts for your alt it doesn't even speed up leveling. Bioware just creates a way to make you spend more time in the game while thinking it saves you time. Brilliant because most people will be too dumb to figure it out, but kind of stupid for all the people who actually realize how the system works.

To add to this.. there is not an option to speed the normal questing. We have space (which is really a meh), PvP and "significant enemies" or whatever, in Flashpoint.

Fine and dandy, but how about normal questing? Because at the 3rd alt on the same side, you REALLY REALLY feel like chewing sand, running all the same filler content, outside the main storyline.

I can agree with the stories being unique and special. But what about the same old, same old?

This feels like that nice question for Bioware: "Ok, with the incentive to roll alts, how to we keep in touch with guildies on the opposite side? "*crickets*Say what?""

Fluff and fluff.. nothing serious.. and 6 months would have passed...

Edited by Styxx

Obviously you don't understand that an "increment" in software dev means something specific outside the context of this game. My point is this 1.3 patch is so light it could be 1.2.5 instead. If you don't understand that, don't assume that others are as poorly informed as you.

I'm poorly informed? You obviously don't know what I do for a living.

Again, I send you back to the original point. Do you have any idea what it takes to code anything in this game? Do you?

It takes real, time, energy and money. Even small changes can be difficult. It all depends on what they are working with and what the structure of the code/software looks like.

Considering we are getting new tools in this patch, it is incremental to the next logical patch.

Its not "light" by any means. Please give me the scale or comparison you are using. 1.3 is how they decided to brand it and by their standards, they are correct.

For the character perks at least...

Rank 1: Legacy level 5, 20k credits.

Rank 2: Legacy level 10, 40k credits.

Rank 3: Legacy level 15, 60k credits.

Rank 4: Legacy level 20, 80k credits.

Rank 5: Legacy level 25, 100k credits.

Quick glance looks like from 20k credits at the first tier, up to 100k credits at the last tier. The xp bonuses were +2% at tier 1, +4% at tier two, and +10% at tier 5. All the bonuses stack with each other, so probably is a 30% bonus to xp.

Not impressed with what ive just watched regarding 1.3 and with no release date even mentioned is frustrating.

1.3 also has to be put onto the PTS, so are we looking at another month from now till 1.3 is released? everything is running far too slowly imo..

In theory 1.3 shouldn't be on the PTS for too long till its released cos with no new content there is nothing much to test.

Testers just gotta open the group finder and see if it actually gets them a group, click on an augment table and see if it works and then they're done.

As long as BW didn't **** up something else in the process like they always do.

Completely unimpressed. End-game PVP is still immature. Nearly all of my War Hero+ pals have unsubbed within the last two weeks, and I'm among the last few with a sub.

Where are:

- 8man wzs

- Cross-server wzs

- Class balance notes

None of my friends or guildmates care about legacy, sub-50 ease of levelling, or companions/PVE content. My server, the #2 populated PVP server in North America (#1 is Fatman, #3 is Ajunta Pall), has quickly become barren, and it's the same 12-24 people on pub+imp side queueing every night. People are so bored with the game that the lively wz trash talk has stopped almost entirely.

I've been a Bioware apologist for the last 6 months, but my patience is wearing thin.

Edited by Kllashaa