I hate Kaliyo.

Path-x

I have to be honest, I don't like her either. She's inconsistant, one minute she likes me killing or fighting, the next she doesn't. The circumstances were similar in both cases, both people I off'd were scum. I don't hate her like I do Quinn, but I don't like her either she probably ranks as my second least favorite companion, followed by whiny companions. Uuuuu she is so complex, no she isn't. She is just random and chaotic, and she loves money. I think one of the reasons people don't like her so much might be because they are stuck with her for so long without having a choice for a break from her. Eventually with my first agent I just wanted her to shut up so I sent her away on missions before I started conversations in quests.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you like plain, boring vanilla ice cream characters like Temple then by all means, she's all yours.

That's your opinion about Temple? She's even worse than Kaliyo :eek:

She kills her own father! and only because he broke some imperial rules to save her life!

We all are entitled to our own opinion about companions, my GM just loves Kaliyo and married her... but he also loves DS Jaesa so he must have a thing for crazy psycho b.....s :rolleyes:

I don't really like her but can't say I hate her either. I disapprove about her being violent and disloyal but I do like the funny comments she makes everywhere she goes with my agent.

But still, it's refreshing to see a hate thread that's not about my favorite companion for once :D

That's your opinion about Temple? She's even worse than Kaliyo :eek:

She kills her own father! and only because he broke some imperial rules to save her life!

I just said Temple was worse than Kaliyo with that description of her..and yes your spoiler is the reason why:

I will probably let her die in my head canon rather than let ehr live.

Personally, I think Kaliyo is an interesting, well-developed character with great voice acting. That doesn't stop me from utterly loathing her, though, because I (personally!) think she is a horrible companion for an Imperial Agent.

As already said before, she would make a great companion for Bounty Hunter.

I personally think that Kaliyo is a great first companion for the IA. You're a secret agent, she's the femme fatal; sexy, deadly and you never really know where her loyalties truly lie (typical secret agent stuff, think 007). Plus she's a great underground connection and resource for the empire, especially important with the empire trying to win over much of the shadier factions of the galaxy.

I'd much rather have a unique an interesting character like Kaliyo than some yes-man/woman who's just going to kiss my *** all day.

Edited by sockrocker

I think the thing is that as an agent you can't trust anyone.

Even IA betrays you

So a person like Kaliyo you know where she stands. She might rob you, or leave you, but she won't try to get you killed unless you go after her, and you definitely don't have to worry about taking your job ;)

• 1 year later...

I don't dislike anti imperial companions (Vette is one of my favorite companions), but I too hate Kaliyo. Something about the way she would always try and make me jealous was annoying and I can never tell her to stop hitting on me!

And also, WHY THE HELL DID KEEPER LET HER LIVE AND JOIN THE AGENT?!

I mean, right before he tells her to join you, he talks about her reputation for BETRAYING her employers. Through out the story, I never trusted her and kind of hoped that she would try to betray me, but just finished Belsavis and I have had no chance to kill her yet.....still hoping

probably so he could have someone he could pay to kill you. lol. That and the Ratataki have a history of being skilled warriors the sith have used in the past.

And EVERY character companion has options that aren't plain light or dark. They like certain approaches that can be both. I can't tell you how many dark side choices I made that Ashara gave me +'s on on my SI character. over 20 of them at least.

Regardless I love Kaliyo. She reminds me a bit of Viconia from Baldurs Gate series of games. There's a lot more to her than there seems to be. And she loves confidence, a good fight, living dangerously, and coming out on top. A perfect companion for someone in as many dangerous situations as an officer in imperial intelligence.

Edited by ellesjames

I don't really hate Kaliyo, but my opinion of her dropped significantly after Nar SHaddaa, and I got simply bored with her. So, I plan to rotate Treek and her, thankfully they are equipped the same. Overall though, she became too much of a one-trick pony for my liking. It might be better when you flirt with her as a male. But one companion from Hutta to Alderaan is a bad idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.