I hate Kaliyo.

Path-x

I am thinking that this is not your class.

To be honest, Kaliyo feels like a microcosm of the agent class. Yeah, she's going to screw you over. So is everyone. If that's a huge problem for you, you'll probably be happier playing something else. (Like SW, where all your companions kiss your boots. Or Trooper, where I swear that most of our meetings are like pep rallies.) All classes have a different flavor.

(Although I'll admit that I'm baffled by you liking SCORPIO. Isn't she the one who wants to kill you slowly and painfully, and only slowly relents given enough approval?)

clearly you havent got the sith warrior to lvl 50 yet

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rather horrifying how the Agent is willing to take SCORPIO with him and force her to comply via restraining codes, given how

It is *exactly* what was done to him in chapter 2. For a standard imperial, maybe the argument is "it's just a droid", but I think that some characters and most of us IRL can agree that she is more than that. In some ways, the Agent no better than Ardun Kothe, no matter how we may rationalize it.

Will we ever be able to trust SCORPIO enough to remove the codes? Could Ardun ever trust us enough to stop using the keyword? Part of the Agent storyline's complexity is tied up in the regrettable, unforgivable things we do because trust is too expensive to afford.

It's not the same though. It's very similar, but there is the distinction that you can't force her to do anything she doesn't want to do. All you have done is made it so she can't kill you. She came with you because you made a bargain with her, not because you forced her to.

Having said that, though, you don't have much of a choice, just as he didn't. You need her, but she is far, far too dangerous to have around without the restraining codes. He needed the agent, and when presented with something to make the agent 'safe' for him and his team, of course he used it. I can understand that, my agent could even understand that. it didn't make it forgivable, and it didn't mean she didn't kill him for it, and it doesn't mean she wouldn't do it again. Forcing SCORPIO not to kill you is smaller in scope - and if given the choice to have potential full control over her as your codes gave Kothe I don't think my agent would have taken it because it would have made her sit back and think about what she was doing versus what had been done to her. As it is, I didn't make the connection until you brought it up. I don't think it is quite as awful because of the difference in scope, but if SCORPIO still finds it unforgivable, and she eventually gets loose and kills my agent for it, well, fair enough - she will have deserved it almost as much as Kothe did.

It's rather horrifying how the Agent is willing to take SCORPIO with him and force her to comply via restraining codes, given how

It is *exactly* what was done to him in chapter 2. For a standard imperial, maybe the argument is "it's just a droid", but I think that some characters and most of us IRL can agree that she is more than that. In some ways, the Agent no better than Ardun Kothe, no matter how we may rationalize it.

Will we ever be able to trust SCORPIO enough to remove the codes? Could Ardun ever trust us enough to stop using the keyword? Part of the Agent storyline's complexity is tied up in the regrettable, unforgivable things we do because trust is too expensive to afford.

I KNOW! This jumped out screaming at me during her scene.

She lunges at me, I see the control kick in, I say out loud "Um. They did that to me and it didn't turn out so well for them." Husband looks over: "Yep. Good luck with that one." I can't help but feel there are enormous thematic possibilities there there were not, and may never be, explored...it would be a waste if they left it lying there.

Kaliyo's definitely my fave companion of all that I've experienced. I use her most of the time on my Agent. I miss her when leveling another class (Smuggler/Consular) *sniffs*

I do wish the story was better written to explain WHY Keeper wants to employ her - even from the beginning she seems like an obvious liability. Would have flowed better if Kaliyo figured you out, approached you for employment (or some compelling reason for the agent to take her was provided), and then you convince Keeper to let you bring her along.

Well, Kaliyo knows what the Agent/Keeper were doing on Hutta and it seemed to me that she struck a deal with Keeper/Imperial Intelligence for her silence. I guess he also figured that it was best for Kaliyo to stay on with the Agent where she could be watched instead of leaving her on Hutta with Nemro (which is worrisome considering she has knowledge of what Intelligence did on that planet to manipulate Nemro and the other hutt).

Edited by stuffystuffs

She is profoundly annoying, I agree, and the worst part is as an Agent you don't even get your second companion until

Alderaan

so you're stuck with her for a while.

She also hits on you really, really hard and is a lousy tank. She's really pretty much useless.

No actualy she is avery good tank... you just have to gear her pretty well. And on the planets after alderran anyway, any tank companion is allmost uselsss.

Kaliyo's definitely my fave companion of all that I've experienced. I use her most of the time on my Agent. I miss her when leveling another class (Smuggler/Consular) *sniffs*

Well, Kaliyo knows what the Agent/Keeper were doing on Hutta and it seemed to me that she struck a deal with Keeper/Imperial Intelligence for her silence. I guess he also figured that it was best for Kaliyo to stay on with the Agent where she could be watched instead of leaving her on Hutta with Nemro (which is worrisome considering she has knowledge of what Intelligence did on that planet to manipulate Nemro and the other hutt).

Killing her would have kept her quiet. But Keeper nixes that idea because "she could prove useful" or some such. *shrug*

Killing her would have kept her quiet. But Keeper nixes that idea because "she could prove useful" or some such. *shrug*

Yeah, it would have.

The only worry:

Nemro might get suspicious if both Karrels and Kaliyo (his top enforcers) ended up dead after "The Blade" paid a visit....not sure if they could pin her death on the Republic also.

Plus, Kaliyo proves herself intelligent/resourceful so I guess I don't see it as a stretch that Keeper sees potential there.

I really disliked Kaliyo, my Agent was Pro Empire and all this ment was she disapproved of everything I did. Well sod off then I didn't want you along in the first place and don't know why Keeper wanted to come along.

Though it gets even worse, if as I did you complete the IA story and then cause of the legacy perk throw gifts at the greedy cow so she likes me you find she is even more scum than you thought but rather than stick her head on a pike and find a better companion your choices are understand her and almost condone what she is doing or tell her what you think which achieves nothing but a lower affection and more gifts having to be thrown at her to finish the options for the +10 presence.

If the writers are going to make companions complete scum don't make us keep them and even have to get affection up to gain one of the few legacy perks that doesn't cost credits.

I find her really hard to please. I'm eternally getting negative affection, no matter what I say.

Intelligence Assessment: she's mynock-s*** crazy.

I've just stopped trying with her,and I'm looking forward to dumping her.

...so you're stuck with her for a while.

Oh, mynock-s***...

Eh if your agent is a ruthless assassin for the empire(which I am) you will get a lot of approval from her but she does get a few -1 from my pro empire talk or the really cold/ruthless decisions. I take whatever comes out of her mouth with a huge mountain of salt.

I can't wait for my killbot. Me and her I are going to have fun! :D

She does make it hard to play a gray or LS (read: patriot) Agent. OTOH, if you're playing as a complete sociopathic lunatic, Kaliyo fits all right with the IA.

I just wish you had access to a character, say, Temple's sensibilities (i.e., pro-Empire) sooner so LS IAs weren't constantly being punished by their companion for not being jerks. Not that I'm playing one (though in retrospect, I think I might've enjoyed taking that tact more), but it seems strange to make IAs wait so long for their second companion.

Really, though, I see little reason why Kaliyo should be sticking around with the Agent. The way she's written... I see her taking off long before

she gets arrested in Chapter 3 and/or she betrays you and the Empire in her aptly named companion quest ("As Far As You Can Throw Her").

Edited by RobertMcDonald

I just started playing an Agent and I already can't stand Kaliyo. >.<

Mind you, I think she is a very good companion. Nice voice, interesting seeming character, probably a fun romance. If I was playing, say, a dark side male agent (which I am very much not), I'd love her to bits.

Even then, you feel like an idiot for trusting her. My DS IA romanced her, but I felt like all his cynicism had to be thrown out the window to stay with her. The way he behaved most of the time, he'd just as soon kick her out the airlock as keep putting up with her ****.

Still, your alternate romance option as a male is kinda terrible (IMO). For some reason,

Ensign Temple

drives me kinda nuts. She's so... I don't know. Saccharine? I'm not sure what it is that bugs me about her. Maybe it's her voice.

The problem, IMHO, is that she is not only the starter companion but you are also stuck with her for 20+ levels. I don't expect everyone to like every starter companion, people have different tastes and play styles. But at least my Consular was able to ditch Qyzen (another companion I dislike) around level 25, while my Agent won't be able to ditch Kaliyo for an additional two planets or so.

If you're an Operative and don't like her, it's even worse. Since you have to be behind a target to Backstab, you must use a tanking companion. You don't get another tanking companion until

the end of Belsavis.

And even then, because the second tank character is melee, I feel like Kaliyo, as a ranged tank, is ultimately a better choice. (Threat-wise she seems to pwn all over her potential replacement.)

I find her really hard to please. I'm eternally getting negative affection, no matter what I say.

She's really easy to please. Just check out her bio. Backtalk to superiors and kill people and Kaliyo's peachy. Now, if you're LS, yeah, it'll be hard to keep from upsetting her.

Edited by Artthen
language

• 1 month later...

How convenient it is for this thread to get revived right now. Currently playing IA and just finished Alderaan. I am so happy to have a companion other than Kaliyo to use now. Out of the 37 companions that I have recruited accross all of my characters, she is the only companion that I have come to hate. Hell I don't even hate Skadge and my BH is completely LS(mostly because I view him as Jayne from Firefly).

But Kaliyo...Kaliyo I just can't stand. The only way I can really describe it is that she is too psycotic to live. No one should ever be willing to deal with her. She should have had a bullet in her head years ago. I can't comprehend why anyone would think it is a good idea to ever work with her. Keeper's thought pattern in deciding to assign her to one of the most sensistive cases that Imperial Intellegence is handling will always baffle me.

So far, her relationship is the best and most interesting that I've found!

After hunting down her ex's, we were able to settle down finally. 2 or 3 conversations after that she's cheating on you! hahaha

I love the anarchist thing. Reminds me of the Joker.

I will start with my personal opinion. I hate companions who are against Empire. :)

Now what makes it even worse is that she is an incredibly stupid choice for a starting companion of an Imperial Agent. Her anti imperial stance, low-life character, no sense of honour and loyalty just makes it the worst possible choice for an Imperial Agent. If you are actually an imperial agent type of player (or just trying to get into being one) she is just repulsive and ruins quite a few moments for you.

Now I wouldn't mind her being a companion to a BH since when you play that class you kind live its mentality. But she just doesn't fit with IA.

That's the exact point of Kaliyo. She counters everything a (standard) Imperial Agent stands for. Therefore, it brings far more immersion to the story. If every companion would fit exactly to your main character, it'd be quite boring...

So Bioware made for each class companions, so whatever character or mentality your character had, there'd be atleast one companion that completely opposes that. It brings far more flavour to the dish.

All the Kaliyo hate only shows the lack of originality concerning the character's of Imperial Agents, knowing that she is there to counter the cliché Agent.

Edited by Mormoz

I liked her on my first IA play through, my agent was a ladies man with no loyalties but to himself and i have to say her character went perfectly with him and she made alot of his moments all the more better.

On my second play through i decided to be more nice and make my character loyal to the Empire and i have to admit she not a good companion for that agent, it seems she's only good if you're the disloyal type. :rolleyes:

All the Kaliyo hate only shows the lack of originality concerning the character's of Imperial Agents, knowing that she is there to counter the cliché Agent.

Yeah I'm sure you are very familiar with the personality of every single IA who has a player that hates Kaliyo. And I'm glad you are sharing your overwhelming knowledge with us poor saps on the forums.:rolleyes:

Really my problem with Kaliyo is that I can find zero reasons to believe that my agent would ever trust her. Hell her companion quests are basically her hunting down and killing/selling people who used to trust her until she betrayed them. My inability to find any reason to believe my Agent would trust her(even if he was a psychopath himself) makes her very prsence on my ship immersion breaking to me because I cannot believe under any circumstances that Imperial Intellegence would assign her to such a sensitive position.

Based on her personality, I expect her to slit my Agent's throat in his sleep and then steal his ship not to play the dutiful soldier for any period of time longer than 1 week......and wow I just noticed something. Kaliyo is totally Saffron from Firefly only with bloodlust. I feel like that explains a lot. It doesn't make me like her anymore, and if anything it makes me find it less believable that she is on the ship(unlike when I realized Skadge=Jayne), but it is an interesting observation. *shrug*

Really my problem with Kaliyo is that I can find zero reasons to believe that my agent would ever trust her. Hell her companion quests are basically her hunting down and killing/selling people who used to trust her until she betrayed them. My inability to find any reason to believe my Agent would trust her(even if he was a psychopath himself) makes her very prsence on my ship immersion breaking to me because I cannot believe under any circumstances that Imperial Intellegence would assign her to such a sensitive position.

Based on her personality, I expect her to slit my Agent's throat in his sleep and then steal his ship not to play the dutiful soldier for any period of time longer than 1 week......and wow I just noticed something. Kaliyo is totally Saffron from Firefly only with bloodlust. I feel like that explains a lot. It doesn't make me like her anymore, and if anything it makes me find it less believable that she is on the ship(unlike when I realized Skadge=Jayne), but it is an interesting observation. *shrug*

I think the point of those quests is so you know you can't trust her. I play my agent so he doesn't trust her, which she tends to love.

Imperial Intelligence sees that she could be a useful asset. If she becomes a problem, my agent would have no trouble landing a shiv in her back while she's on the front line tanking for me. :)