Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

NDiggy

Although I trained in all my skills just for the sake of being a completist, there are a lot of skills you never have to train. For example if you're an Operative you don't need to train in Snipe. If you're Deception Assassin you never need to train in Lightning Charge. Sorcerers never need to train in Thrash. You can save a ton of money this way by never training in skills that has no possible use. It'll certainly help you more to have the extra money to buy Recruit gear compared to having Thrash rank 9 on your Sorc in case you feel like getting your lightsaber out to hit something.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all should also take into consideration that maybe that person wearing what you thyink is green is actually slotted with purple PvP mods.

I for one PvP on my Female in nothing but a slave girl outfit Packed with M25 Mods, Enhances, armor and Augs. I have seen others in newbie looking gear with the same setup, this game is about looking how you want, do not be deceived by someones "appearance".

I can always inspect your mods when the WZ starts. So its not just the gear appearance. The HP alone is a giveaway for your armor.

Not to mention that money is way too easy to get in this game. I am a casual player to the bone, never do dailies, never craft, and still have over 15 million credits, just by selling stuff on the GTN. People who put a little effort have over 30 million.

It takes just an hour or two to do the dailies and get around 300k. Anyone who doesn't want to put that effort into gearing in a Recruit set as a fresh 50...well, they are dead weight in 90 % of the time in WZ and chances are they still will be useless even when they receive their BM gear.

I can always inspect your mods when the WZ starts. So its not just the gear appearance. The HP alone is a giveaway for your armor.

Not to mention that money is way too easy to get in this game. I am a casual player to the bone, never do dailies, never craft, and still have over 15 million credits, just by selling stuff on the GTN. People who put a little effort have over 30 million.

It takes just an hour or two to do the dailies and get around 300k. Anyone who doesn't want to put that effort into gearing in a Recruit set as a fresh 50...well, they are dead weight in 90 % of the time in WZ and chances are they still will be useless even when they receive their BM gear.

The normal dailys give around 7500. The heroics give 10K or so but nobody who needs Recruit Gear to be competitive is going to be soloing them very easily. Ilum normal dailys seem to give more money though they've a low density. The dailys are also rather time consuming if you do the heroics, or if you're not a stealth class.

That said there's still no reason to not have the money to buy the recruit gear. Just don't train in the skills you never use and you'll have plenty of money for that.

Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.

Can you explain which items would be required? Because I have a mix of Champ/BM in all my main slots but don't use crafted implants and non-pvp relic cubes which even new players should have the option of using.

Maybe a requirement to have head, body, hands, feet, and legs would be ok.

The problem is that this is a silly requirement if the requirement does not also exist for operations/flash points. And there is not purchasable gear for those instances besides common gear.

When you queue solo into a WZ you are accepting that you have no control over whom you will be teamed with. Good or bad, well geared or poorly geared its all down to pot luck.

If you really cant accept those conditions put a pre-made together and stop whinging at the players who do accept the conditions of play and pay to play it their way.

Just to be clear, I do have PvP gear and thats my choice, I dont feel I have any rights to enforce it on others.

It's also disrespectful to think that people who don't buy the recruit gear are actually trying to hurt their teammates... I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50. And keep in mind even if you waited 30 minutes to an hour to days, that person has waited JUST AS LONG AS YOU, and not only that, you were in the exact same boat as he or she was.

Thats their own problem then if they keep skipping side quest i had 1.2 million when i dinged 50 and 900 K left when i bought my last skills. If people want to skip thats their own problem not ours. No wonder their poor then

Ignorance. It's what alot of society breeds. Just look at the most popular shows on TV. Half are full of people acting ignorant and stupid and getting paid for it. Sadly alot of people worship these kinds of people. It's like justifying idiots who talk on their cell phones in speaker mode like a walkie-talkie in crowded public areas...say a store. "oh but he pays his phone bill, pays taxes like everyone else...AND he's buying a candy bar...it's okay...let's all hear what his baby-mama has got to say". It's ignorant, inconsiderate, and rude. No different than not coming prepared to join a PVP match. You don't allow idiots in your dragon slaying raids with this gear right? Why is it automatically ok for PVP?

Could be worse. I did a Novare Coast the other day and a guy had 11k hp. I inspected him

He had:

-No recruit gear

-Most was late 30's to 40's greens

And the best part?

-His boots, chest, helm were all broken. 0 durability.

That's blatant ignorance. But of course someone will probably come in defending this behavior too...:rolleyes:

EDIT:

And for those who say "oh you have to make a premade if you don't like this behavior" Your argument is invalid til you can queue as a full 8 man premade. You cant control the 4 other derpsters that join with you.

Edited by Ihazcrayon

People, the solution is simple: Delete Expertise rating altogether. Let skill triumph in warzones :-)

I did not buy the recruit gear for my medic. I battled using my modded pve gear. Now I'm full battlemaster. Maybe it's because I'm a healer?

When my Operative alt hit 50 I bought the Recruit Gear, which gives you 12k HP and I still had people screaming at me for "PvPing in quest greens" and starting votes to kick.

Yes it was by a solo hero who queued solo too.

Pretty much this. People are confused and think Recruit gear is actually good.

I have better things to do with 800k then buy some recruit gear that will be useless in 2 days once I get the medals for BM gear. So yea im gonna PvP in **** greens for a week, and pop into a WZ with Full BM and remain 500k richer then I would having bought the worthless Recruit ****.

It's also disrespectful to think that people who don't buy the recruit gear are actually trying to hurt their teammates... I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50. And keep in mind even if you waited 30 minutes to an hour to days, that person has waited JUST AS LONG AS YOU, and not only that, you were in the exact same boat as he or she was.

They could either not have the money or they do have the recruit gear and you just don't realize how low the HP is for it. Recruit gear is pretty useless. I constantly see people complain about 12-13k HP but that's full recruit gear HP.

lack of credits is not an excuse for your failure. the recruit gear drops FOR FREE on tatooine from the boxes in the pvp zone (outlaws den).

you dont even need to wait until your 50. my alt had a full set of recruit from there by the time i was lvl 45.

fortunately i'm on a server with fast queue times. i always inspect players before a match starts, and if i see two or more pve geared scrubs, i leave. i wont waste my time carry lazy players when they cant be bothered to gear themselves up.

"I pay to play this game so I can do or wear anything I want. End of story!" A typical answer from those "ignorants" enter 50 pvp bracket with greenies or PvE gears (which does not work after 1.2) then go to forum and QQ about being useless. For example:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=446915

When you q with one of these folks simply quit the Warzone, let them try to "earn" their gear by themselves in their pve gear the way they want too.

Edited by VoidJustice

Thats their own problem then if they keep skipping side quest i had 1.2 million when i dinged 50 and 900 K left when i bought my last skills. If people want to skip thats their own problem not ours. No wonder their poor then

You are not saying the truth, or you completely ignored your companions or pvp equipment before.

When I hit 50 with my char, I cleared every planet except the final 2 (3 heroic quests) and I had not even enough credit´s to buy all abilities. So I just bought those for my tank spec, left the dps alone , didnt buy a vehicle or a "riding" skill, bought 1 recruit gear by credits and 3 by commendations.

I dont get how people can say 900k credits is what people get at 50, its just a lie. I did all space missions, made it to valor 25, did the bonus series, heroics, dungeons etc. still I was broke.

I never used the GNTN, the only gear I bought was the pvp stuff at 20 and 40 - still no credit´s.

You guys can insult others as much as you want, fact is we dont have those credits and as for me, I got a valor rank that I cant use for anything... why not let people buy gear with that rank? What is it for anyways?

I never used the GNTN, the only gear I bought was the pvp stuff at 20 and 40 - still no credit´s.

You guys can insult others as much as you want, fact is we dont have those credits and as for me, I got a valor rank that I cant use for anything... why not let people buy gear with that rank? What is it for anyways?

YOU DONT NEED CREDITS TO BUY RECRUIT.

IT DROPS FOR FREE ON TATOOINE IN OUTLAWS DEN.

get over your pathetic excuse, it no longer stands.

Ever thought they might not know.

If I see someone in pve gear in pvp, even if it is full rakata, i tend to point out to them that they will probably have a lot more fun in recruit gear as expertise is king in pvp.

They generally are happy for the advice. Maybe try to act like a reasonable human before getting angry with people.

Ever thought they might not know.

If I see someone in pve gear in pvp, even if it is full rakata, i tend to point out to them that they will probably have a lot more fun in recruit gear as expertise is king in pvp.

They generally are happy for the advice. Maybe try to act like a reasonable human before getting angry with people.

I've offered several times to flat out buy the gear for people and been turned down each time. And I'm not a jerk about it. They'd rather grind the battlemaster gear or they don't think the recruit set is worth it. One guy told me he was seeing what pvp in this game was all about before buying gear, but decided not to pvp anymore because the other team always focussed him and he died so quickly. As bad as it is, it is worth it. Expertise means so much more post 1.2. I don't understand why people would forgo an easily available set of gear that will only help them and their team.

The OP's attitude is actually making me quit playing.

I got a 50 battlemaster around januari/februari before I quit the first time. I consider myself a skilled pvp-er.

I came back to the game 3 weeks ago and made a new alt and soloed, quested and warzoned to 50 and had fun.

When I finally reached 50 and joined some warzones I got a storm of tells from veteran 50 pvp-ers about my gear.

Cut me a freaking break, I just dinged 50 yesterday.

As part of a community in a game that seems to lose subscriptions, you might instead be happy that there are actually still new players reaching 50? And welcome them to the 50 community instead of instantly start whining about their gear? Motivate them instead of bashing them to the ground?

This crap attitude does currently more harm to me as a player than any bioware bug or missing content. It makes me not want to log in my new 50.

Edited by Zandar

I got a 50 battlemaster around januari/februari before I quit the first time. I consider myself a skilled pvp-er.

I came back to the game 3 weeks ago and made a new alt and soloed, quested and warzoned to 50 and had fun.

When I finally reached 50 and joined some warzones I got a *****torm from veteran 50 pvp-ers about my gear.

As part of a community in a game that seems to lose subscriptions, you might instead be happy that there are actually still new players reaching 50?

This crap attitude does more currently more harm to me as a player than any bioware bug or missing content. It makes me not want to log in my new 50.

The thing is, those rude people like the guy that insult me earlier dont even try to explain those that dont know... no they just attack and insult, they act like 10 years old - seriously.

I have never heard of any pvp items that drop, nor did I ever see some drop for me.

While lvling I made it to a good valor rank and wanted to get gear with it, I didnt know either that valor is of no use - nobody said a word. How shall people know, there are those with a life outside that dont know every loophole that this game has to offer.

When I finally reached 50 and joined some warzones I got a storm of tells from veteran 50 pvp-ers about my gear.

As part of a community in a game that seems to lose subscriptions, you might instead be happy that there are actually still new players reaching 50? And welcome them to the 50 community instead of instantly start whining about their gear? Motivate them instead of bashing them to the ground?

This crap attitude does currently more harm to me as a player than any bioware bug or missing content. It makes me not want to log in my new 50.

I feel the same way. There are so many of these guys running around insulting everyone else, calling people "bads" and being obnoxious. And here's the kicker: 90% of them aren't even the least bit good at the game. I've competed in sports and video games in the past, 90% of the people that stand around critiquing other people are terrible and don't actively compete. The difference is though that in person, you can avoid or ostracize people like that, and that's usually what happens. They move from place to place and get shunned by community after community.

In MMOs there are more of these types and there's not much you can do. You can put them on ignore but new ones pop up constantly and there are no real repercussions for their poor behavior. It's a severe flaw with online games, and it seems to be most pronounced in MMOs.

Pretty much this. People are confused and think Recruit gear is actually good.

recruit gear IS good. its not as good as BM or WH gear of course but its a damn sight better than most quest greens and blues, and the expertise makes its MUCH better than any of the pve gear you could get.

people not using it when they ding 50 are tbh plain ignorant. as has been stated many times in this post. the cost of the set is easy to aquire. and anyone whos hitting level 50 without enough credits to buy this stuff is doign something wrong. i havent hit level 50 on any of my toons with less than 1 million credits after skills etc have been bought.

and heres a thought, you see that speeder skill that costs so much? it gives you a 10% increase on speed (or 20% if you never bought rank 2 like me). its minimal, youll hardly notice it, and if you intend to do a lot of pvp, its completely useless. dont buy it, or buy it AFTER you have your gear set.

its insanely easy to make money in this game. put a bit of offeort into and and 300k is buttons.

Edited by looneybinjim

What is wrong with my attitude? I don't berate people not in pvp gear, I ask them if they know its available and I've even offered to buy out for them (no takers). Is is so wrong to expect people who want to pvp to wear the gear that is available to them for a small cost? Why can't you put off doing WZs for a couple hours and do some dailies to get the money to buy the gear? Is it that enjoyable not being able to do decent damage our healing and getting blown up faster than rose of us in full bm already do? This is what I don't understand, you're hurting yourself as much as your team.