Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

NDiggy

The people would just complain about the higher level players having access to things they do not. It's the theme around here, people cried that BM gear cost too much and that the valor grind was too much, so Bioware started handing out Warzone Comms and Valor ranks like Candy.

Then people STILL complained, so Bioware comes out with the Recruit set, removed valor restrictions from gear etc... etc... and people are STILL complaining. Now the gear is too expensive or still doesn't give them that easymode that they require. When my Sage hit 50, It took me about 1 day to get enough credits for the Recruit set, it's not difficult for crying out loud.

Seriously GO AWAY, these people that have been on this crusade to get gear handed to them and things made so easy that they don't have to try as hard are contributing to the downfall of this game and boy are they doing a good job, forcing Bioware to make stupid changes which in turn drives people away in there droves.

you are mistaken i for one grinding my coms and capped it then when i hit 50 got my 2 BM pieces and bought my recruits it wasnt that hard but dont spout about hard work when people got BM when it was easy and now BW is forcing fresh 50 to try and rank up valor to 60 to craft and put on modless gear and get coms to complete the BM gear set against people already in full BM and war hero.

Edited by valkyriewiz

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, it's so easy to get the recruit gear, tht I didn't even have to do anything to be able to afford to buy it... Ya that's right, I had over 300k cash when I got to 50. And when I got into my first fifty wz, I kicked butt... Not tht u guys care about how my first wz as fifty went with recruit gear :b

Ya,, I do wish this were real, tht u had to have recruit gear to get into a 50wz, but it would be to mean.. Evry new 50 would be complaining and whining about it, which adds to the list of pointless things to complain about *cough cough nudge nudge wink wink* if u haven't caught my drift yet, I'm talking about this thread... Ur just another person complaining about something pointless, no offenene :)

Whelp, tht ends my semi-not-so-angry-like-rant :D

While i do agree people should have recruit gear to PvP, i really dislike "OG" war heroes who have forgotten how they got that shiny first set of champion gear way back when.

on the monday after i hit 50 in early january, i took the daily and weekly PvP quest, went to ilum, shot at some troop transports for 10 minutes, collected my 4 bags. Popped my bags open and got gloves and pants. After reset i picked up the quests again, shot at some troop transports for 10 minutes, got 2 lightsabers and a pair of boots. I used my centurian comms to buy some crap gear. When i did PvP i wasn't in full gear, but nobody else was either. Expertise was a joke then too. Veterans are putting restrictions on new players that they never had to deal with.

People forget how easy it was, and how they made it harder when they revamped bags. People also forget how broke you are for a while after you hit 50, what with getting a final rank in every single skill, speeder training et al. I have a new alt at 50 in full recruit. Sure it's better than columi or rakata. My recruit gear isn't a magic win button for my team though. My stats are junk, my expertise allows me to survive 10 seconds rather than 3. Recruit gear or not, a new 50 is gonna get rolled. Accept it, and don't use it as an excuse.

While i do agree people should have recruit gear to PvP, i really dislike "OG" war heroes who have forgotten how they got that shiny first set of champion gear way back when.

on the monday after i hit 50 in early january, i took the daily and weekly PvP quest, went to ilum, shot at some troop transports for 10 minutes, collected my 4 bags. Popped my bags open and got gloves and pants. After reset i picked up the quests again, shot at some troop transports for 10 minutes, got 2 lightsabers and a pair of boots. I used my centurian comms to buy some crap gear. When i did PvP i wasn't in full gear, but nobody else was either. Expertise was a joke then too. Veterans are putting restrictions on new players that they never had to deal with.

People forget how easy it was, and how they made it harder when they revamped bags. People also forget how broke you are for a while after you hit 50, what with getting a final rank in every single skill, speeder training et al. I have a new alt at 50 in full recruit. Sure it's better than columi or rakata. My recruit gear isn't a magic win button for my team though. My stats are junk, my expertise allows me to survive 10 seconds rather than 3. Recruit gear or not, a new 50 is gonna get rolled. Accept it, and don't use it as an excuse.

Champion gear was 100x harder to get then Recruit gear, hell until they changed the Commedation system, I didn't have a full set of freakin Champion on my BH and i was a bloody Battlemaster..I was still using Cent gear with PVE mods/enhancements from dungeons because I kept getting the same bloody set piece over and over again in the bags, either boots or leggings... I never did get a helm or chest.

But that was ok, because the difference between someone in a bunch of oranges at fresh 50 was maybe 8-12% which isn't that bad, the difference now is 22%... and that's not including any stat changes.

There is zero excuse not to have full recruit when you first PvP, the people who say "well I can't afford it" well ya know what.. go and farm some cash then buy some recruit before you come in and make a match 7 vs 8 automatically because you get instant gibbed..

I use to say "Well if they were a healer.." nope.. Just don't even queue if you don't have recruit or better.. you're wasting everyones time.

thats funny i have more BM now than i did when i entered and i heal on my BH and still get gibbed no matter how you slice it your not gonna be doing nothing till your in full BM end of story recruit gear is pretty much the same as PVE gear it is absolute garbage. whats that? sorry i cant heal you from the ground why because in 3 Piece BM with 1 BM weapon i still get 3 shot i cant believe people are still talking about recruit gear when it lets you live maybe 5 seconds longer than if you were wearing PVE gear (paper) Edited by valkyriewiz

Today I read that pvp items drop, I couldnt try it yet but seriously how should people know this? The forum is full of crap by players that want a second wow, that you hardly get these informations.

at lvl 40 you get a quest to go explore the zone where recruits drop.

how much more hand holding do you need?

I would have loved to have Recruit Gear when I hit 50! Instead, I had to farm Centurion and Champion gear with sub-50 gear. Good times...good times...

My Sentinel hit 50 post 1.2 and getting into level 50 pvp was much easier than pre-1.2 on my commando. I'd have loved to have has this available to my commando. It is mind bottling that anyone would willingly gimp themselves by not buying the recruit set. Not to mention that you're hurting your team by not wearing pvp gear. Its pretty inconsiderate to expect 7 other people to carry you on wzs because you refuse to buy gear.

I support this idea BW plz make this happen, I'm getting sick of waiting 2mins match to ended up with selfish players with lvl40 gears(from pvp vendor) in lvl50 matches.

I know this players are to stingy of credits and inconsiderate to the rest of the players till they get BM gear, Who dun mind causing the team to lose just to save a few credits

Edited by EugeneYap

Better Idea...remove expertise altogether, replace it with a blanket increase to the primary statistic of your class.

Suddenly there is balance. :D

lolwut pvp with regular gear? and obtain better gear via more pvp instead of just obtaining a mystical stat? That makes complete sense. Why would we do that?

Then go do your dailies. One day worth of dailies... at the most two if you skip the heroics will EASILY net you enough credits to buy the entire recruit set. There is no excuse to be pvping with your crap green gear you got from leveling. Also how are fresh 50's so broke? I dinged 50 and had 800k in my bag. I just don't get it. I'm on my 3rd 50 right now, haven't sent him anything from my main and he's lvl 43 with 400k in his bag right now. Credits come easily in this game.

Whilst I have the correct gear personally, acquiring pre 1.2 BM gear on my main, I still only run with champ and centurion pieces on my shadow, as she is pretty much only played as a "fun, once in a while pvp distraction", dps is boring afterall! So I wont be buying any gear just to appease your over inflated opinion of your own selfworth.

In reply to your no excuse point above, I would actually say that there is no excuse for telling anyone how to play their game, not your game, but their game. Until your monthly £££ is worth more than other peoples £££ i would probably try to look less of a gaming fascist.

That said, the fresh 50 argument that says they have nothing to make them credible in a warzone is just garbage!! You can have 5500 (3500 rwz and 2000 wz)warzone comms stashed when you hit 50, which will give you 4 good BM pieces, or more of the lesser ones. I see no harm then in complementing those pieces with the odd piece of recruit gear, aiming for around 700 expertise is a good start, and some people, more clued into stats that I am might say, it's all you ever need to be competitive.

The bottom line is, for me personally, I would rather actually play warzones all night with people, geared or not geared, than queue all night for just a couple of warzones with people who are in theory only, on level.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Usually the guys with a ton of credits probably gathered stuff and sold them on GTNs because they do sell very well.

Without using GTN you'll usually have just enough to cover all your training, and probably not quite enough to cover the last speeder training. That said, there are a lot of skills you don't actually need to train in and they can save you a ton of money.

if your half smart with your credits, by the time you hit 50 you can easily have over 1 million. ive done it with various toons, without selling anything on the gtn, and often even spending a few hundred on companion upgrades etc while i level.

I hit 50 with my alt on Sunday (1st 50 since 1.2) and after paying the skill trainer (for everything except speeder 3) I had about 750k in the bank.

NO WAY I am spending almost 1/2 of my bankroll on gear that actually LOWERS my primary attributes in some cases as much as 40 POINTS. Particularly when the whole plan for the gear is to ditch it as soon as humanly possible... And for what? To last 6 seconds when being farmed by the same premade over and over instead of 3 seconds?

I bought the wrist piece, the belt, and the relics. THAT'S IT. That and I had enough comms and ranked comms banked to get a WH earpiece and BM chest piece.

Recruit gear being purchasable for creds is a good idea, but the gear BLOWS.

You know what is worse than queuing up with under geared players? Being one.

3 days later I have BM Chest - Legs - main hand - offhand - hands - feet - head, and it means more to me to have been able to purchase speeder 3 and a lvl 50 speeder. And now I can last 30 seconds when being farmed by premades...

As though this game needs any MORE reasons to avoid queuing up for PVP...

I get that not buying the gear can be construed as selfish, and while I don't condone that, the fact is BW forces you to choose between feeling a little selfish or feeling like you got ripped off overpaying for horrible gear. My conscience can handle 3 days of being a burden while I wait for gear I actually want. Sorry.

Edited by criminalheretic

Whilst I have the correct gear personally, acquiring pre 1.2 BM gear on my main, I still only run with champ and centurion pieces on my shadow, as she is pretty much only played as a "fun, once in a while pvp distraction", dps is boring afterall! So I wont be buying any gear just to appease your over inflated opinion of your own selfworth.

In reply to your no excuse point above, I would actually say that there is no excuse for telling anyone how to play their game, not your game, but their game. Until your monthly £££ is worth more than other peoples £££ i would probably try to look less of a gaming fascist.

This isn't an elitist argument. Its basic common sense that you want people wearing pvp gear to pvp in. You wouldn't show up to play football with no pads or cleats, would you? If you did, how would that affect not only your ability to pretty but your contribution to your team? Would your team not be justified in being a little upset that you chose not to wear the right gear just because you care more about yourself than the team? Isn't it the height of selfishness to put your own needs before that of your team?

You don't buy gear to, as you put it, "appease my own sense of selfworth", you buy gear because its selfish to put your team at a disadvantage just because you don't want to buy and wear readily available pvp gear. You may not care that you're still wearing centurion gear on you're "fun"character, but I guarantee the 7 other people in your wzs care that you're wasting their time and hurting their chances of winning because you're too stubborn, selfish, ignorant or cheap to buy and wear easily available pvp gear.

Edited by NDiggy

I love pvp matches. I'm not terrific at them, but I'm not terrible either.

I have two level 50s, 1 level 40 and a few 20s and all of them have at least 20 valor, and the 50's and 40s have about 30-something. So it's not like I don't pvp. (I realize these statistics are not impressive to an obsessive, but they're what they are. My point is, I DO pvp. In the lower tier, I get mvp votes often. My 50 healer still does... my dps... not so much. )

My PVE gear on my 50s has each riding with about 12,500 hit points. And I like the way it looks. I've added a few expertise places from the buyable battlemaster stuff, but I don't feel like buying the recruit stuff. I don't have the credits--sue me. I blow all my money on trade skills and r/es. Eventually, I'll hit battlemaster. The end. Hopefully however, by that time they will have changed the system and, as several posters have suggested before me, gotten rid of expertise, because a having some of your level 50s in full pvp gear vs some in nothing is about the same kind of balance as having your level 50s in with your level 10s. Or actually, since bolster kind of works, probably worse.

Find another way to reward pvp.

you have to PVP ALOT to get 3500 rwz guarentee your gonna hit lvl 50 before you make that cap since you dont start getting them till lvl 40 so your point is mute and invalid 700 expertise to start is nothing against someone with 1.3k fact. you talk a big game but you fail to understand that alot of those poeple sitting in BM got it the easy way and BW made it hard for everyone else. i agree remove expertise then it will be based of skill and not gear Edited by valkyriewiz

The recruit gear gets you a hell of a lot closer to competative BM than any PVE gear can..and I agree there should be a minimum expertise, even if its around 550 (the equiv of a complete set of "old" centurion and 1-2 champ pieces)

Full recruit (896 expertise) you get around 18% damage increase, 15% dmg reduction and 10% healing when put into real world terms of players who will hit you for 6k if ungeared and only hit you for 5k if geared.

If your receiving heals thats the difference between a good healer easily keeping you up or falling behind cos your in PVE gear with less Damage mitigation.

Its also the difference between your best shots hitting for 2.5k in PVE gear instead of 4k in PVP gear

What that means in real world terms... 2 people with NO pvp gear will likely lose to a full battlemaster in a 2 vs 1 or even 3vs1 , thos same 2 people with full recruit gear will likely win in the same instance likely without loss.

Yes recruit is only about 3/4 of a battlemaster, but thats a hell of a lot better than sub 1/3 effectivness for pve gear

Edited by blackadda

This is very much the fault of the SYSTEM not the players, do not blame them.

They've hit 50 and suddenly have to get different gear entirely for WZ, its terrible, expertise should be removed. When I hit 50 I hadn't even speeder rank 2 because of the cost, and I'd already crafted my speeders 2 and 3 ages ago. I bought recruit first though.

A little time however and they'll get the gear it isn't hard. I saw a guy in a WZ last night in pve gear with a couple recruit pieces but he sure was trying hard and succeeding at dying, I did feel unfairly advantaged.

Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.

You wait that long for a q and now you want to restrict it further thus making your wait time longer? Lol. As far as have a requirement to q I disagree for non rated wz's. Rated WZ should have a expertise requirement of some kind though.

This is very much the fault of the SYSTEM not the players, do not blame them.

They've hit 50 and suddenly have to get different gear entirely for WZ, its terrible, expertise should be removed. .

Expertise is necessary to prevent organised PVE raiders dominating everyone else in PVP simply because theyd have a huge gear advantage, if you make top tier PVP gear have the same stats as PVE gear, you have equal issues with one method or the other being "easier/faster" than the other and players who exploit the easy method get an unfair advantage...thats usually PVE content exploits and farming, it smuch harder to exploit PVP for gear in a team environment against live players.

The PVP centric stat "Expertise" works just fine and is even necessary, it also allows them a way to adjust the flow of combat and "Role balance".. like tanking/healing/dps by simply adjusting the bonuses applied from Expertise, they can do that without impacting PVE one bit, which is a win/win for both PVPers and PVEers

Im almost 50 again ..if i can afford the recruits gear i will get it BUT pve dailies pfft ..All i really care about is PvP ..You will want your BM gear asap ..i wouldn't go for WH gear just yet as i will always be to far behind gear wise...

When i have money ill buy recruits gear but not going out of my way ..If it only takes a few days to get some BM gear that would be ok in my books ..im guessing alot of you Pumped up 50's that raced away and got to 50 in days just so you could be the 1st are upset when new 50's dont have the gear you wish them to have and more you QUIT Wz's so you dont have to carry them ..SHAME on you ...I've been there and to be honest im proud of the little 50's getting in there and facing there doom as long as they try ..

Empire

Ninj ...

ps..If your are seriously Fraustrated coz you keep getting below average teams then go PRE MADE

Caution:

Don't make pre mades unless its a proper pre made that has strats and tactics with good comms ...PRE MADES are matched with other PRE MADES intially..

(<<< PREMADES are completely different playstyle tthan PUGS and my impact your playing experience)