The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manaan.

You guys should take the top 10 planets suggested in this thread, and do an in-game poll that appears in the main menu for all of the players to vote on. Not many people come on the forums.

Edited by Aigik

Dathomir - Epic battles take place on this planet. Bring your big boy pants. Ragin Rancors and the Witches of Dathomir would be big gold bosses that have chances to drop amazing loot you can't get anywhere else. There should be such an awesome amount of darkness and fear to this planet if placed in game.

Yavin 4 - Remnants of the battle between Exar Kuhn and the Jedi where much of the jungles of Yavin 4 and almost all of it's life were obliterated about 900-1000 years ago. We are helping the Jedi to rebuild the ecosystem of this moon and the Sith are trying to locate relics left behind by Exar Kun. Just one concept for what could be going on here.

Kashyyyk - The Wookie homeworld. Discovered by the Czerka Corporation who were the first to begin enslaving Wookies because they recognized their strength. Would be a great place for things like The Great Hunt continuation since all of the Terentateks (Creature thought to be created by Exar Kuhn and his followers that feeds on the blood of force users.) were not killed by the Jedi. Very cool places to go like the Shadowlands, Myyyrdril Caverns, and hunts into caverns containing the Terentateks if you are brave enough. Ambushes by Kashyyykian giant weavers should make the trip down to any of these places very interesting for you hunters. By the way, Hunting trophies to decorate our ships and possibly future pc houses or guild halls with. Just saying. ;)

Endor - Let's face it, Ewoks are cool. Besides that fact, this planet hosts a massive array of wildlife and could be home to practically any faction of humanoid because of the spatial anomalies associated with the area's black hole which causes many ships to crash land on the forrest moon. Battles with the mighty Gorax which could result in looted melee weapons usable by all classes could be something cool to add here.

Dac - Homeworld of the Mon Calamari. There are several sentinent species that live on the water covered world of Dac but the primary ones were the Mon Cals and the Quarren. This would be an awesome planet to bring in when the new space element of the game is brought to life as the Mon Cal ship yards were among the finest in the Galaxy and could be a nice place to have to come to for beginning your new space journey. Would also be a cool place for some underwater vehicle battles or battles in general where you needed to equip some time of breathing apparatus before entering. Maybe an underwater pvp battlefield :p.

Dantooine - Iconic planet in the Star Wars universe. Cool things like a Jedi Enclave and a Rakata Starmap could make for some interesting quest areas. Battles with the gigantic Graul would be a nice addition to the SWTOR world.

Genosis Lets take a look at the description of this planet. Large planet with low gravity and a thick atmosphere. Also a very light magnetic field meant constant bombardment by solar radition and would sometimes result in mass extinctions. Massive sandstorms and a terrain conducive to flashflooding. Sounds like a place I want to go! Get in your Mandalorian armor and get your butt there! We have some arena fighting to do gladiator style!

Was there a limit to this? I can do this all day.

Great idea and please keep the feekback type threads coming.

np had to much free time on my hands when i was looking up the name of the sentient planet the yuzhan vong fly through space and hyperspace on during the new jedi order book series. never did find that planets name either after getting sidtracked with all the others.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zonama_Sekot

Zonama Sekot

Obiwan and Padawan Anakin Skywalker visit the living planet, and they were given a living ship which died in defending the planet. Great book. (Rogue Planet.)

Let's just make this easy, put every single planet that was in the games and the movies. Even if it was talked about and not visited in the games/movies. A lot of us can agree we want to see all the planets in the movies/games so just make it easy on yourself and put them in the game later down the line

I would like to see Kessel. Definitely Kashyyyk and Dantooine are good ideas, but we've been there on other games. Let's do something new.

And a new space mission for the Kessel Run would be nice too ;)

Kashyyk, Mustafar (would be a good high level pvp planet like tatooine), Felucia, and Geonosis

plus it would be good to see some locales like Yavin 4 with all its massassi temples and Endor's moon, just so we can see ewoks!

Dac (Mon Calamari) as i feel there is a decided lack of Ocean oriented worlds in SWTOR. I desire to see underwater game play and swimming properly implamented into the game.

2nd preferance is for Gamorr, yea i love the swine muhaha...

ABOVE ALL I would say Mandalore, Ziost, Onderon, Dxun, Ossus, Yavin IV, Dantooine and a second look at the Empress Tita system. All of these planets played a vital roll in the origins of the Empire, the republic's past, and the history of the galaxy up to this point. Plus, Dantooine, Onderon and Dxun were all featured in Kotor 2 so are already tied to the sort of "The Old Republic" Universe.

Beyond that, I wouldn't mind seeing naboo enter the galaxy.

Planet bucket list also includes places like Fondor, Byss, Kessel, and lok

Planets I DO NOT WANT TO SEE are Dagobah, Mustafar, Bespin, and Dathomir.

The witches of dathomir didn't even exist till a few hundred years before A new hope, there is nothing interesting or worth seeing on the uninhabited planet in this time period. Nothing important was happening on Bespin in this era and cloud city was nowhere near being constructed.

There is literally nothing interesting about Dagobah aside from the fact that Yoda hid there because of the dark side presence the planet offered. It was a dense unpopulated, uninteresting rock and has no importance or place in this era.

SWG's inclusion of KOTOR Content on mustafar was a haphazard attempt at garnering subscribers (which failed), beyond that there is no reason to ever go to this volcanic and unstable planet.

Edited by Nezumi