Valis is not beatable @ 24

MichellMich

Here's my thing about Valis. I beat him before on the second or third try at lvl 24 using all the methods that have been mentioned here. When I finally beat him I had like 20% to 30% health left and Kira was gone.

I rolled another Guardian on a different server and couldn't beat him at lvl 24, 25, and now 26. Granted at 26, it was completely my fault. Didn't have enough coffee in me and forgot to do all the important things like call of force and what not. I'm sure I'll get him tonight, but to anyone who has played him recently...does he seem harder? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get over the fact that after using the interrupts, sending Kira in first etc. with my lvl 24 who wasn't geared as best as he could be (with me not really knowing what I was doing either) I beat him and now at lvl 26 can't win the fight.

I'll say that I was originally a Vigilance spec when I beat him the first time (around the end of December) and am now doing the tank spec.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, you guys are gods. I have a level 24 Jedi Guardian and every time I fought him I failed miserably. My first try after reading this thread I utilized Force Kick and beat him with ease, even Kira who rushes into battle like she's invincible survived the battle.

How did you end up at 24 fighting him? I was almost 28 when I got to him. He certainly isn't a pushover. I wiped against him first time, because I underestimated him(small health pool but huge damage - he hit me for over 1k once on my 5.6k health pool geez) Second time I got him before he could get me below 30%. I'm Defense specced Guardian and it wasn't really difficult, I used Force Push+Kick on cooldown and blew Saber Ward+Warding Call early, didn't need a heal. I had Kira btw, fully decked out in quest gear.

EDIT: Granted you won't have FP, at 24 but you we can adapt this. Any Guardian should run in(no leaps) and force stasis him while Kira hammers him. You get blasted back, leap back in then kick any cast you can(couldn't identify which of his casts hammers me the most but any kick will save you loads of pain). Force stasis on cd, and make sure you use both Saber Ward, AND Warding Call if you're tank specced early in the fight. If you guys are not tank specced (or no guardians) use CotF immediately after breaking Saber Ward, and burst him ASAP. If this doesn't work you guardians, consider levelling up to 26 to get force push, which makes the fight easier - FP->Force Leap->Force Stasis while interrupting as much as possible. Sentinels should adapt the above to their capabilities, as well use Transcendence and Rebuke as possible.

Edited by ByronixHero

Yeah, he is a ***** if you don't know him. I needed 3 times on him as a level 24 tank-speced Guardian. Got him nealy the second time but all my defensive abilities where on CD.

Just let Kira take him, force leap in after his knock back to interrupt his cast, dps him, run out if you feel he's going to use his knock back again shortly and leap back in after to interrupt and repeat. (I hadn't even trained stasis btw) Besides that he is doable with your defensive cds and maybe a medpack.

Edited by Shengar

It's true. I decided not to suck, and then I went in there and curbstomped Valis.

In all seriousness, I couldn't beat him with Kira at level 27, so I followed the suggestion with the rotation of moves, used a lot more of them for greater effect. The interrupts are your saving grace, but they won't necessarily win the thing for you. It was a lot closer, but I still died. I'd suggest an Endurance adrenal. I used one of those (and a Regulation medpac when I got low) and had about 7% health left when Valis' corpse sank to the ground at my feet.

best thing to do is not suck... and honestly if you do not skip quests and do the bonuses you will be slightly over level and have plenty of gear.

nearly all of these people are doing their class quests UNDER leveled. If you did everything on Taris and Nar Shaddar you should be closer to 27-28 not 24, that means you skipped stuff.

Sorry but not being able to "****** charge" everything does not mean its over tuned it means it has a "challenge" to it. Sorry but if you never die then the game is not hard enough. This is not wow, if you want to kill everything while drunk and stupid then go back to WoW.

I'm level 27, and I cannot get through the Valis stage.

I've tried everything. Kira dies very quickly and the droid dies even faster. I tried the suggestions on the site, but I have only been able to get him down to half strength. I've finished with Nar Shadda, with the exception of the Heroics. I guess I will go back and finish them.

i had troubles with my sentinal, enough so that i had to get a guildies help, on my guardian, i walked all over him. kira never got below 80%, myself i never got below 70%, and i did it at lvl 25. i am a biochem on that character and had the at lvl blue medpack. took all of my cds, but it wasnt a bad fight. you might need to look at your gear and mods, if you are defense specced guard, make sure your mods have defense, and you are completely upto date on all mods.

this is my first MMO, got the game cause I loved KOTOR and Star Wars in general. This thread was really helpful I didn't know about interrupting or anything before coming on her and got curb-stomped by Valis at least a dozen times.

here are my tips to other noobs out there I left the mine and went back to Nar Shada and Taris to do some herorics and the Taris bonus series. Leveled up to 25 and taught myself on the fly about force kick it's your best friend against this guy. Kira was dead and I was down to about 10/15 percent when his body hit the floor... but man I literally jumped up and gave a Tiger Woods-esque fist pump my roommate now thinks I'm a weirdo.

So for those complaining about there being such a hard boss when you do beat him it feels amazing never got a rush like that from a video game... well except maybe Fifa

Sorry but if you are having trouble with such an easy boss at this stage...I shudder to think what happens when you face the lvl 32 boss (or is he 31 or 33? I forget) and then of course the end game boss who is 50...

Seriously...use your cooldowns...use medpacs...use stims etc...if you cannot beat him the normal way...

Gotta love the insults. I'm doing the best I can trying to time my interrupts to when he attacks and yet I can't, always knocked back before I can interrupt. I don't have the best reflexes and I'm doing the best I can, level 25 Defense specced Guardian, 3rd death to him in 10 minutes.

I try to taunt yet he always attacks Kira, and my cooldowns only prolong death, not help me kill him.

Not sure where the problem is because I got it on first try and a good bit of health left. I was level 27 and did it last night.

Thoughts that might help:

-Kira has bladeward turned on and is in Perforation stance. She has mediocre armor and a single, upgraded lightsaber. She leaps in first and soaked the first pushback I think.

-I am a Guardian in Shien form, I lept in, bladestormed and unloaded, then force pushed him and lept again. I also statis'd him while Kira beat the mud out of him.

- I interrupted almost everytime. I only got pushed back I think one other time.

- I had orange headgear, armor, feet and legs. They were modded with armor 9 guardian armor. The extra endurance of "Guardian" is better than "Might" for leveling, IMO.

- I might have medpacked once, early to top me off. Remember, if the fight lasts a while, you can medpack twice. I didn't use any stims. I finished with 30% HP I think and Kira at the same.

Hope it helps!

Not really understanding at all how this is difficult for people if they're keeping their gear up to date.

Just did this last night on my 24 sentinel, ended the fight with 70% HP without needing to stim or use call on the force.

Kira practically soloed him for me while I spent the entire fight on the floor or in the air. My only contributions to the fight were 1 master strike and interrupts every time I stood up. Yeah sure Kira dropped at about the same time Valis did, but if *her* dps alone is almost enough to take him down, I'm not sure how you'd lose using all of your CD's.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful tips I used these at 23 and had no issue

I am not a veteran in the MMO world. I have played WOW before, but I didn't know a lick about interrupts, and I had to look up what CC and proc meant. I am one of those people who plays SWTOR mainly for the cinematic experience. Thus, I agree that though the fight is a challenge for people not familiar with MMOM gaming mechanics, it is most certainly possible to beat end bosses with the appropriate tactics.

When I first encountered Valis I was level 29 sentinel with a mixed spec, and thought I was going to take him down, and I got majorly facerolled. I tried a couple more times, but always got knocked out an stunned by his Force Blast ability. Part of the problem was I trying to activate my abilities using the touchpad on my laptop (big mistake).

When I read the posts on this thread, I respeced on the combat skill tree (ataru form), and upgraded my equipment as beset I could at the time.

Then, I went to fight Valis with Kira as my companion. I took him out on the second attempt. On the first attempt I got knocked on top of the nearby ship, and Kira got killed, and by the time I got down he took me out. The second time I was able to stop most of his major attacks with interrupts, and ended the fight with Kira dead, and I had 40% health. I also used a mouse to select the opponent, but used hotkeys to activate abilities (especially Force Kick, Force Leap and Force Stasis). I ended up using Call on the Force to reset my Saber Ward, but I did not need stimpacks or med packs at all.

I was able to use similar tactics on other endbosses to similar effect. Although I had trouble with Chieftain Bloodgouge on Tatooine....http://www.swtor.com/community/images/swtor/icons/icon9.gif

As a melee interrupting should be second nature. I interrupt even on low level npc's out of habit from playing a warrior in wow. First, use stasis right away followed by a blade ward after stasis has run out. Finally, activate call of the force and reactive blade ward after your first blade ward runs out. You can use medkits and adrenaline stims for an extra boost.

I just killed him on my level 25 jedi on the first try a few minutes ago, but I got a little lucky. The first time Valis tossed me in the air I got pushed against his spacecraft in such a way that I didn't fly up or get toss far away. Basically, I land more the less where I was originally standing, then I went into my wow melee mode of using interrupts and cd's correctly. I end the fight with like 30-40 percent life without using a medkit.

Edited by Knockerz

Went to this fight as a 21 and then a 22 and got facerolled each time. Just went back after dinging 23 and thrashed him. Sentinel, watchman spec with Kira.

- Set Kira to engage, then threw up her Blade Ward (very helpful right off the bat) BEFORE she charged him.

- Positioned myself with my back against a beam closeby (to prevent tremendous knockback)

- Threw on Cauterize, Zealous Strike, Overload Saber, and Slash

- Used a companion medpac (ones that heal you and them)

- Made sure to interrupt energy blast, that is ABSOLUTELY crucial. Force Kick is your best friend for this fight.

- Kira died but I had Saber Ward AND Rebuke, didn't even have to use CotF

I had semi decent gear, but I also LOADED up on STR gear (got a new might device and an implant before the fight).

beat him at 23. it's simply a matter of proper skill management

I went at him at 22, spamming everything when it came off cooldown, and got slaughtered each time

at 23, I took a look at my skills and planned out what I was going to do and when.

I sent Kira in, with Blade Ward active, and let her take the first hit. once Valis started casting Lightning Strike, I used Force Leap, which interrupted this and saved Kira some health. I then positioned myself between him and his ship. Open with Zealous Strike, Cauterize, and Blade Storm, followed by alternating between Strike and Slash as necessary. Once he used Energy Blast, my positioning allowed me to interrupt it almost immediately, and then repeat the above. Right after he uses Energy Blast his the best time I've found to use Master Strike, since it gives you the most time to make full use of it, instead of running the risk of having to cut it prematurely to interrupt something. After this, positioning wasn't as big a deal, as Force Leap was off its cooldown. Force Kick is now saved for Lightning Strike, while Force Leap is used on Energy Blast

tl;dr: keep Cauterize up, Zealous Strike as soon as it's off cooldown, interrupt Energy Blast and Lightning Strike, use Master Strike right after interrupting Energy Blast

I couldnt beat him either. Then at lvl 24 or 25 you are able to get decent implants. Had my alt craft a couple blue implants with extra Strength/End. Then had no problem.

I got a few green (although still fairly potent) str implants from quests before I went after him. The extra ~40 str and ~30 end made a huge difference. Sentinel is not a tanking class so pile on dmg quick and interrupt the heavy hitting abilities.

Just beaten as a 22 guardian focus tree, kira died in seconds, i just ran around the pillar like a resto druid and hit him, just stay out of line of sight 99% of the time and going in just to hit him once. andkeep reteating that. You basicly negate the lightning and bigass attack. takes some time, he will knock you up in the air sometimes, you have to spam interrupt then. save Leap if you get knocked back

The only Class Boss I had an issue with was the Spider Crab in the cave with the Trembler device but I had some pretty crappy gear. Just finished the Flame Station boss. I was level 41. They were level 44 elite plus 3 mobs. Started doing Voss at level 41.

Rotations are for the mindless.

Gotta think on the fly. Its not hard.

I beat the Sand Demon (crab guy above) a little while ago at 25. I actually had to use a stim for him though...

I'm now regretting skipping over all the side quests and going straight through the story quest. I'll certainly not turn anything down on Alderaan...

I just beat Valis as a level 24 Sentinel. I originally got rocked when I attempted to face him at level 23, but having Stasis at level 24 makes all the difference.

As others have said, time force kicks and force leaps as well as possible. I went ahead and used Call on the Force right from the get go. Also, putting the crates behind you is invaluable in this fight.

If you've got any commendations from other planets built up, its a good time to use them for upgrades or just get roll boxes and sell them for creds. I used a might stim and a field med kit for this one. I had about 50% of my HP left at the end of the fight, although Kira died like 75% of the way through.