Valis is not beatable @ 24

MichellMich

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit curious how people got to this boss @ 24?

I realize that I am doing about every non heroic quest I see and space missions for money, but I'm lvl 33 and only started Alderaan.

The boss in question here from what I have been told by other JK is ~32... Seems to me that if the boss is level 32, its intended to be fought at +/- 2 levels of that boss, not 8.

I realize that I am doing about every non heroic quest I see and space missions for money, but I'm lvl 33 and only started Alderaan.

The boss in question here from what I have been told by other JK is ~32... Seems to me that if the boss is level 32, its intended to be fought at +/- 2 levels of that boss, not 8.

Valis is the boss you hit before Tatooine. I've only done non-heroics on my Guardian and I was exactly 24

If we're talking about the Sith force user you fight on the mining colony he is definitely intended for around lvl 24.

I just wanna encourage you guys, if you're continuing to have this kind of issue with this guy, and believe that your mechanics aren't in question, we might need to analyze you and your companions gear.

I was doing synthweaving, and had attained a few moddable pieces which I updated as much as possible, so my gear was pretty much maxed out.

Also, consider that this is a really tough fight, and I think the purpose of such might very well be to give you an understanding of how the class will play as you progress. Later, on Tattooine, you will run into 3 elite mobs, that you take on one at a time. They're hella tough, but what you learn here will make you better suited for the upcoming Chapter 1 conclusion, and the later more difficult content.

Stay strong, and continue to voice your questions here.

Edited by Atallcost

Sorry Bioware, but this one is ruining the game for me.

I got trounced by this guy, so I came to this forum and got all the good tips here. I am not a super gamer, this is my first MMO. I am truly a noob. But I love Star Wars and couldn't be torn away from this game until I came across this boss.

I was excited, I had more than enough money to get the little personal transport thingie. All I had to do was kill this guy.

Even with the helpful tips I have been repeatedly trounced (maybe I last a little longer - but I die in the end anyway). I blew my savings on maxing everything out, but still get killed.

It's not that there were any bosses before this that were CLOSE to this level of difficuly.

Before I couldn't be torn away from this game. Now I don't care much. With some free moments I try a few shots at him - get killed - and then log off to do something different.

I can only repeatedly hit my head against a wall for so long.

I can't believe after so many attempts, I finally beat this guy like a piece of cake... The last attempt before I beat him, I dont even get him half of his HP...

All I did was change my companion to Kira... I can't believe it is that simple... get you Call On The Force activated, let Kira attack him first... and you just interrupt him... and interrupt is not even that important... I mistimed a few, but I still can catch him... dont even need medpack, stim or anything... I just right-click on him and spam my Strike... dont even use Cauterize, Master Strike or anything... my HP dont even get to lower than 80%... crap... suddenly it becomes this easy... I just got sceptical that this is actually happening... it feels like I'm hitting a bug or something... LOL XD

before this I used T7 to tank... but seriously, you'll find T7 so soft...

I finally beat him after leveling up to 28 and using T7. And I still took a bunch of times and had barely any hitpoints left.

LMAO, I'm sure most people could roll him at 28 without a companion.

Okay, I don't actually believe that. But at 28 you should be able to fight level 24 Champions and have a chance so an Elite should be beatable. Then again this Elite is tough, very tough.

Edited by JerokTalram

I had a ton of difficulty beating Valis at even level 25. So I did some space missions and PVP until I got to level twenty-six. When I did get to level 26 I tried again and got beat twice before I decided to switch Kira out for T7. After I did that I owned valis.

I tried him 5 times at lvl 24 and couldn't beat him so went to Tattooine and lvled to 26 before I went back. However, it didn't go down as expected. I had him down to about 2/3 health with my health slightly higher than his when by sheer coincidence, he knocked me back at the same moment I hit him with Force Stasis. I flew back on top of some crates behind me and found myself above him on the crates with Stasis active. Kira was still dps-ing him and I watched for a few moments before I realized that the progress bar for Stasis was gone but Valis was still locked down. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I took my hands off both the keyboard and mouse and watched as Kira dps-ed him from 2/3 to zero while I waited. He stayed locked down with the blue Stasis glow around him the whole time.

Lucky break I guess.

Why do I have a feeling most of you guys skip a lot of quests, fps, space battles and/or bonus series?

When do you fight Valis? My guess is at the end of Nar Shadaa class quest. I'm lvl 25.5 and I just started Nar Shadaa :D

Edited by Vibeth

I had no problems killing him at lvl 23. Time the interupts and don't forget that you can use Kira abilites too. I also have synthweaving and I always make sure that I have updated gear for my levels. Not sure if that made a differense.

Everyone forgets interrupts.

PS: You'll need them on later planets. Stuff gets a lot harder.

Of course, is very important to interrupt him when he tries to push you back.

Moreover, the "Saber ward + Call on the force + saber ward again" move is very very effective. Just let him hit your companion then taunt him when robot/kira is low, do the move and then keep interrupting him. You'll kill him.

Edited by KoBi

I was having a problem with this at 24 as well, as above was just about to give up. Figured one last try took the biggest strength Stim I had, started saberward just before the fight, and then call of the force refreshing it and adding hitpoint generation to Kira and myself. saved force leap and zealous leap to get back quick after being pushed away. I was able to take him down with only hitting one interrupt, and not using my field medpack.

He's tough but don't give up.

For me this guy felt like a random elite mob. Had to actually check youtube to know who he is while reading this thread.

Use your interrupts and you should be fine. The act1 final will be a lot tougher. At level 24 you can use Force Kick and Force Stasis to interrupt Valis' special attacks.

Doesn´t help, i know -but i had no issue killing him with my Guardian and Kira as Companion.

Be sure her saber ward is ready.

Let her jump in first with saber ward -wait a moment so it gives you some time for damage till you get the aggro.

If she gets too low on health taunt him.

Pop saber ward.

Pop Call on the Force.

Pop Saber Ward again.

Take a medpack.

Force stasis and Force kick to interrupt his supermoves.

Use Warding Call if specced Defense.

Almost all endbosses are a piece of cake like that.

And later you have even more interrupts.

No need to dump difficulty down.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful tips I used these at 23 and had no issue