Valis is not beatable @ 24

MichellMich

Of course Kira does more damage than T7. T7 is a ranged tank companion, Kira is a DPS companion.

The point was that for DPS Guardians, its your job to lay down the hurt, T7 is there to soak up the return damage. Sure you can rely on killing mobs fast enough with two DPS characters for a while, but you're soon going to just keep dying.

I used kira as a sentinel and died only on angral and vallis and even then I was mostly 2-3 levels lower and usually took less than 4 tries. Fought the emperor at 47 with T7 in the crappy blues and he (T7) died almost instantly...so I had to solo it and took the emperor down first try.

Emperor was not even one of the 3 I had any difficulty with. In fact it was very anticlimactic and unepic for the hype built up for it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just beat him with lvl 24 jedi guardian, companion died but he hardly touched me i think i caught him in bugged mode cos it seemed easy compared to the last nine times i fought him and lost miserably, heres what i did;

Send in companion first to draw aggro used stasis to protect her, moved in with master stikes, used force kick to interupt his castings when he knocked me back i force jumped back in to interupt his casting again, master strikes again followed the same sort of pattern twice and he fell collected the booty and breathed a sigh of relief pheww.

PS... fight lasted about twenty seconds. PPS... did'nt use any buffs or stims either.

Admission #1 - I am not a great MMO player, too many terms (proc, GCD, etc) and I just stop reading because it sounds way too technical for what's supposed to be this fun thing I do on my nights and weekends. I am likely the worst Sentinel on my server.

Took my four tries to beat Valis, and I'm level 24, This is what I did:

1. Made sure I had the best equipment I could afford (modding my lightsaber, getting armor with stats that actually made a difference)

2. Put that kick-interrupt move to position #2 on my first toolbar. Put my usual rotation (leap, strike, cauterize, master strike) onto positions #4-7)

3. Put the medpacs, Call on the Force, Saber Ward all on toolbar 2.

The fight:

4. Sent Kira in first, waited for Valis' bar to drop a little (like 3 hits) and the jumped in.

5. Immediately hit Force Stasis AND STOPPED LOOKING AT THE FIGHT. I dropped my eyes to the lower third of the monitor, watched my health bar and hit "2" on the keyboard anytime I saw his meter start to fill.

6. Quickly went between "1" and "2" on the keyboard until the guy was dead.

Yes, Kira died. Early (he was about maybe 60% health), but I went through my rotation #4-7 and only needed 1 medpac. (I ended the fight with about 10% health).

The point - it's doable, and you don't need to rag on other players along the way to do it.

• 1 month later...
I got stomped @ lvl 25, did the world quests on Tat, then tried that sucker @ lvl 27, & got stomped again ( but closer this time ), did about 1/2 the world quests on Alderaan, & easliy pounded him @ lvl 29...every time as a Guardian w/Kira. Go figure...:jawa_biggrin:

sentinel - watchmen spec - just beat him @ 25, with level 24 strength stim, kira, and no medpacks. kira lived with 1/3 health, i had 1/2. i used interrupts when available.

not sure what the issue is. the boss of the last heroic 2 on nar shadaa was tougher.

I can't figure out the problem either...

the good news is, it makes me think I must be alright at this game...

honestly, I had to search ToRHead just to remember who Valis was, that fight was so un-remarkable...

Lord Praven??? went down easy just a few days ago...

it seems simple... Kira's health gets to 50%, I will taunt off of her... if mine gets to 50%, I start lighting up cooldowns...

PUT the enemy's castbar closer to center screen... you see it, kickem... see it again, stasis... see it again, kick em.... see it again, Force Push and Leap... see it again, kick em...

• 2 months later...
I cannot speak for others but what I will say is I got to him at lvl 25 and got owned for about 5 times in a row did some research and found that the thing that worked for me was that I am a Sentinnel, sent kira in first, had the Endurance Stim activated used all my buffs, am the Watchman tree, and used stasis and kick to interupt his uber-attacks then 85% of the danger was gone. The interupts seemed to do the most help kept him controlled while Kira finished him off. I know you mentioned 24 but at least one lvl up and what I just said did the trick for me...

• 2 months later...

FINALLY ! I beat him at level 25,5. I am very happy It was a very hard combat !

I want to help those like me !

IMPORTANT ADVICES : (FOR JEDI GUARDIANS)

BEFORE COMBAT :

-You must be level 24 at least

-Buy Mods equipments for your & Kira's lightsaber from Vendors (IMPORTANT)

-I recommend Planet Commen. Vendors (Especially Tattoine Planet)

-Buy medpacks, stims, implants (ear)

-Buy light armor (high willpower) for Kira

IN COMBAT :

-Use Heroic Moment Form

-Use Soresu Form

-Use Force Mİght Form

-Use Kira's "BLADE WARD" form

-Let her jump in first with Blade Ward

-Wait a moment (3 -4 sec.)

-If she gets too low on health USE TAUNT

-DO NOT USE Force Leap first , RUN !

-STAY side of the Valis's Ship

-Pop Saber Ward.

-USE FORCE STATIS & FORCE KICK (VERY IMPORTANT)

-USE FORCE LEAP When Valis throws you

-Finally USE Master Strike - Strike - Blade Storm - Sundering Strike - Slash

-DO NOT LOOK Combat, LOOK your Quickbars

I hope These infos are useful !

I cant understand how people can have problem with this fight, its rather easy (done it 3 times on diffrent chars guardian/sentinel) never been avaible to keep playing them for long, havnt died once at him :/

The top two threads are about how hard this fight is...and I can't wait for this fight now.

I'm level 25 now...but I still have some quests on Nar Shaddaa to finish.

When will I finally get to fight Valis?

Answer in spoiler tag.

After you finish nar shaddaa class quests you should get a message about an imperial wanting to defect, you go to an old mining station (i think it was that atleast lol) either way you go there and a sith is waiting for you