Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Will chat bubbles finally be in Game Update 1.3? If not, when can we expect this feature that is so essential to roleplayers and socializers?

Many roleplayers and socializers have already quit because of the lack of this essential feature and there are many that will follow if chat bubbles aren't implemented really soon.

Edited by Glzmo

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Legacy ever be account wide rather than just server wide?

I have more than 8 characters and given the character per server limitation, I am forced to make a few characters on another server. That leaves them feeling disconnected.

More characters per server would have been better, but this can help.

thanks

Are there plans to make the Flashpoints more engaging? Doing the first flashpoints on the imperial side included cutscenes when reaching certain points in the instance. The first republic flashpoints didn't have any. It seemed rather bland. Are there plans to release more cinematic-style flashpoints in the future? as well as go back and add cutscenes to existing flashpoints?

on the emperial side, the bias on drops in flashpoints and operations seems to be overwhemingly for bounty hunters. for e3xample, in one normal raid, we had 1 bounty hunter, but he came out with full columni, when he went in with none. is there a plan to make the dops more fairly disperesed over all the classes? as even withought a BH in your group, most of the stuff dropped is for them.

Will you be adding Character customization at all? I am getting tired of the head piece on my Miraluka and I now wish I could change it without deleting my toon and starting over. Some Miraluke masks also causes problems with the slotted headgear like poking through the mask some head slot item don't even show up making it so the hide/show head slot item option inert. I also think it would be awesome to be able to put your Jedi/sith cloak hood down or up, it would be nice if you have nice looking circlet and want to be able to see it without the cloak hood.

The Sage and Sorcerer are the only classes that do not get a free basic attack using their primary stat for damage. Some players have also expressed dissatisfaction that there is no way to specialize their character for even occasional lightsaber use -- a fact not made clear before choosing their advanced class.. You know how awesome the lightsaber is as a weapon. What is your position on this? Edited by Felioats

I really love the pets you put in the game and would love to see more of them, but i'm really curious if there's any plans for interactions/mini games with pets?

For Example: Training and raising pets so you can compete them against friends like fighting each other, racing each other, or possibly having them compete in obstacle courses, arena style and bet credits on them? This in a way sounds a bit ridiculous but i think it would add some entertainment on the side.

Also jukeboxes in the fleet! :D

I posted in last weeks Q / A but it was probably to late.

A simple question, Will marauders get armor like Anakin Skywalker / Darth Maul from the movies, Black cloaks with the hood up that players can crit craft ? something like this

There is a demand for Items like this to be added in.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72909

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=427565

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=415736

Edited by WNxAbaddon

Other than the Hutt takeover , do you have further plans to improve the economy?

Below level 49 it is almost non existent. The crafting changes in 1.2 were supposed to improve it but instead they just gave people more incentive to RE everything they make instead of put it on the GTN. I had to make enough characters with different crew skills to create a self sufficient legacy economy, making all my own armor, mods and stims/medpacks because there are none available to buy.

Can we please have companions in operations? I have a small, tight group of friends that I play with exclusively in MMOs. We very very much dislike having to bring in strangers into our groups, and we'd rather take the no brain companions of ours to join us.

When you get in combat the effect of the run speed buff is suspended and reapplied after combat, but the buff will be maintained. When you get in combat with a vehicle the buff is suspended. Can you change this so that the vehicle buff is permanent and only the effect is suspended and automatically reapplied after combat or leaving a non-vehicle area?

Will there ever be extra character slots added? I already got 8 characters, all of decent level (30-50)

You guys mentioned that we will be seeing new playable species this year. And without an extra character slot, I feel quite left out because I'm forced to delete one of my older characters in order to play one of the newer races.

Edited by Parali
multiple questions

Apologies if this is a repeat question.

Regarding the economic exploit fixed on 4/27, could you give us a general idea of how extensive a problem this was and actions taken to correct the problem? I think many people would like to know if the economy on most/all servers were dramatically effected, and, if so, how was the economy repaired so there's not massive inflation.

Thanks!

Will voicesets aka the voice acting for different classes ever be included into the Legacy system? Not a fan of the Jedi Consular male voice, and was wondering if getting the voice acting of the other classes into the consular role. Basicly if I level a Pureblood Inquisitor to 50...rolling a pureblood consular with that heroic voice seems out of place for me....any way to get the Inquisitor voiceset for my Consular if a INQ is leveled to 50 via Legacy?

It was mentioned that there will be additional player playable species this year.

Will there be a species change option to go with that or will the number of characters per server be increased? We have already seen many players complain about 1.2 in that they have to delete characters to play races that they wanted.

Hey there as an avid player i will ask my question first then I will explain why I ask it

Q: Will you all be fixing ALL the current buggs and problems before adding new content?

Reason: I have seen many buggs through out my game play and still see ones from when the game was launched. I personally would like to see all the broken stuff fixed before you add more problems.

What was the reason why "Unify" was strictly linked to chest and not designed to let the player choose which slot to unify to? I may like the color scheme of the gloves over the chest but would still like keep the current chest model. Was this an oversight, conscious design decision, or just too complicated to implement?

- Personally as many other friend we want to see more freedom to do PvP around the SW worlds, warzone are fun but not only. Why do not give a reason to do world PvP in every single planet of the galxies? This should be a blast, image to give the possibility to have a bonus for the faction that conquer more objective, or equipment or something.

Give to the players the possibility to control the war, but not only on Ilum, in every planet.

Is there a plan for create something similar in SWTOR? Maybe on the PvP server only?

Thx a lot

Big

Edited by BigSkill