Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any plans to give a cosmetic choice for Assassins\Shadows to use not only Double-Bladed saberstaff, but also Dual Sabers\Single Saber and Marauders/Sentinels to equip Double-Bladed Lightsaber? Edited by ZakPreston

Would you guys consider making a story line for Legacy? So when you reach level 50 your legacy tree can be played to show how one of your other char's became your ally, enemy, spouse, child etc... It would be a big addition to the game but would be quite cool ;)

Hello!

The inquisitor companions do not have biochem bonus. It will be possilbe change this in the future?

Cybertech cant do tank mods. But i dont know why. May in the future will be able to do it?

Edited by Eldzsiah

Are there any plans to improve upon character emotes as in adding sounds to more emotes like /lol? Also are there any plans to improve on the world interactivity by allowing characters to sit in chairs other than onboard their ship?

I play a Kinetic Jedi Shadow, and I will often put up Guard on my companion while out in the world questing, etc. However, the effect cancels out any time there's a zone switch or I mount up. Any way you can make Guard (and skills like it) persist through your companion being re-summoned?

Q: Can BW please expand and detail their vision of PVP and PVE and their implementation? Especially regarding the future of pure PVE.

Background:

Given that we have PVP servers and PVE servers, this implies two different play styles. However, the recent "world event" shifted things. PVPers had to PVE (do quests). PVEers where snagged into PVP mode to complete quests too.

Comment requested:

Perhaps we need another server type? We have PVP servers for hard-core PVP. We have RP servers for hard-core RPing. But PVE servers are combination plates of PVE-only and PVE+PVP-On-Demand. Can we have a server that is Pure PVE Only?

For those of us who do not wish to be snagged into PVP mode (ala the recent world event) there would be a server with no PVP mode at all. Players coud chose to role on all 4 types of servers to experience all aspects of the game or only on those servers that where of interest to them. PVP, RP, PVE+PVP, PVE-Pure

Edited by LightsOn

The issue of character aesthetics should be pretty high on your list, many of us cannot connect or enjoy our experience because our characters don't look acceptable to us. We've heard you mention better designs for endgame sets after a few more "cycles" but are there any plans to improve/add more non-endgame gear as well? This includes adding re-colored and simplifyed versions of current sets, more simple/iconic low level outfits, simple belts, and allowing the missing pieces of many currently existing sets to be acquired by different classes (i.e. dark acolyte's gloves can only be acquired by inquisitors currently).

Alternating Skins for PvP - Any chance of seeing alternating skins for pvp war zones in a future update? Currently players have to play the same four war zones over and over again. Since adding new skins is much easier than creating completely new war zones, this seems like a good way to relieve boredom and provide more variety. So for example you're playing the Alderaan map, maybe it could be in a summer setting or night-time setting instead of the original (randomly selected from several presets). This wouldn't affect the gameplay or balance at all since it's just a reskin. Personally I get bored very quickly from playing the same maps over and over again. Any chance of this happening?

Hello. Do you plan to add cool looking companion customizations for all players, not only for CE, Security Key owners in future? At this time some companions can only be customized by CE, SK owners and some companions can be customized by all players, but only CE, SK owners get really cool customizations (for example Bowdaar). Maybe Lagacy or PVP customizations? Thanks.

What is the reasoning behind the itemization for cunning assault cannons, aim vibroknives and aim shotguns? These are not optimal for any class and tend to clog up the GTN in those categories. It's really a bummer to have one drop or come out of a blue lockbox... hello vendor trash.

Will smugglers/agents get their proc laugh back? If not.. WHY? (Please a more developed explanation beyond "removed due to sound fatigue" as that is very vague and seems a non-answer.)

Yes, this is a selfish question related to only two classes. However, this can tie into some of the thoughts brought up in various threads on the subject after this proc sound was replaced (with a sound undistinguishable during a fight).

• Why eliminate a sound due to "sound fatigue" and just replace it with another sound that basically adds to sounds being heard (just mashed in with the rest of the sounds)? To me sound is sound... how can one sound be more fatiguing than another?

• Will other classes receive specialized sounds to help them with their proc tracking? While it was quite awesome for smugglers/agents to have this character personality and proc tracking sound... I think all classes should have some unique sound identifier too. The ability to audibly track your procs is very important.
    1. Perhaps a drop-down menu of "proc sounds" that a person can choose from (including the giggles of course!). That way other classes can't say "Ohh. I know that's a smuggler from the sound." This would allow for people to be "happy" with their sound and BW not have to hear "I hate the sound you gave my class." type of scenarios.

• Can you implement a toggle to allow for these sound procs to be client-side only? (In order to avoid "sound fatigue" for the FEW players who actually don't want to hear these extra sounds.)

Lastly, it took me awhile to truly discover the forums and dig around. Normally I don't involve myself in game forums due to quality of posters/postings. I do want to say I appreciate there being a Q&A and discussion with some sort of interaction with the BW team and the players. I can only hope there is a bit more response (understanding that we're talking people and time) to some of the threads that obviously have interest to players. Many threads, even with a large number of responses and thought out inquiries/suggestions, seem to eventually just float to the back of the forums without any response from BW at all.

• (Even if it is a "we heard you and your information has been passed on to the appropriate BW team" type of response.) This is because when a person submits a ticket, we are directed to post our issue on the forum. So we post our issue, and then there is the sound of crickets coming from BW. (So a non-answer leads to a non-response and the feeling of being ignored or lack of true care from BW.)

Edited by Boogety

Ask anyone and the process of doing the dailies has become an exercise in repetition rather than challenge.

We all have our shortcut route from one to the next and sprint through the objectives without even thinking about what we're doing any more. (Yes, I do have a question)

Doing the Rakghoul plague dailies was not boring because there was something new to do each day. Here's how I felt about doing Rakghoul dailies... "Woohoo, what's new today!?" :D (And here's the question!)

Can you devise a way to reward people who don't like grinding just as much as those who are willing to grind for rewards? Please?...

Edited by Parali
multiple questions. commentary

Why did being able to reverse engineer "almost any customisable armour pieces into schematics" in the patch 1.2 promo material turn into being able to reverse engineer "almost no customisable armour pieces into schematics" in actuality?

As an armormech, I'm deeply disappointed by the lack of options.

Edited by Maughann

Are there any plans to optimize the Auto-Targeting system and/or the combat system as a whole? Right now, there is a lag of 1-2 secs+ when the auto-target function switches and the tool bars grey-out while the targeting system is switching and/or the special you have channeled is aborted in favor of the switch.

The combat system seems to have many times when the special and the annimation does not fire but the global cooldown does. This seems to be more noticable since recent patches.

Edited by Esquire