Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Is it intended that the shield and absorb rating on Xalek (Inquisitor companion) cannot be improved via gear? If it is intended, please say so, if not, why isn't this included in the "known issues" post? He is the only tank hampered in this way as far as I know.

Numbers follow:

Xalek's Shield generator absorption is 20% regardless of gear

Tooltip even says "Absorption rating (240) +0.00%"

In contrast Khem Val gets a 10.59% increase for having an absorption rating of 106 (going from 20 to 30.59%

Shield rating itself Khem for example is at 33.31% from a base of 5% + 20% from skills and an additional 8.31% from his shield rating of 144.

Meanwhile, Xalek is at a flat 25% (5% base 20% skill) regardless of his gear's shield rating.

Khem has a 29.94% damage reduction from his heavy armor while Xalek has only 24.05% from light armor (including the skill to buff it by 42%)

So with roughly equal gear (mostly Tier 2) Khem has ~24.5% (29.94/24.05) more damage reduction, 33.2% (33.31/25) better chance to shield an attack, and 53% (30.59/20) more absorption of the shielded attack.

The only thing in Xalek's favor is 1200 more health (only ~6.5%) He's statistically vastly inferior as a tank.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will you be doing with world PvP? Guild Wars 2 is supposed to be releasing a strong world PvP package that is attracting all the PvP-oriented players that I know. Will you guys be implementing more options in time to compete?

In regards to the new races that will be introduced sometime this year:

"Will there be a way to level them faster / skip content / XP boost, and/or already leveled class/advanced class combo to 50, at least?" .

Background: Seems awfully taxing to have wanted to play a race from day 1, only to not have been there, then made available further down the road, only to be forced to play the same tedious and more often than not very boring by now content again. XP boost, through Legacy unlocks is not a viable solution either, since, ultimately, it will STILL be the same content.

Edited by Parali
multiple questions

Could you make it so that when you go to your ships door you get the option of leaving or just entering the ship? If you wanted to leave then you do the normal set destination and do the cut scene of the ship leaving the hangar.

Will hood-toggle be in patch 1.3 (or earlier)? This is a huge issue for me which will determine whether to renew my account. If not, an acceptable concession would be to add a hood-down version of the lvl 20 legacy robe for Jedis, and a hood-up version for Sith, since the robe-models already exist.

Is it a designed plan that we cannot equip War Hero gear from the other faction? There are no requirements of these armors other than medium,heavy & light requirements. If this gear can be obtained via the Open GTN on Nar Shadaa and also through legacy mailing why then do the outfits default to look like the faction it currently resides on. Example: I bought Sage War Hero Survivor armor on Open GTN, once in my inventory on my Sith Assassin it already looks like the Sith Assassin Gear...

After reading the last blog post, a question came up when I read the answer about character transfers. It appears from the wording of the answer that free transfers will only be allowed to certain servers. I rerolled from zez-kai-el to ajunta pall, leaving 1 50, and 2 30s behind on zez. So do I essentially have to get lucky/hope that ajunta pall is one of the servers I can transfer to for free? Or will I be able to merge the characters from both servers onto another server all for free? I just don't want there to be a situation where I have to pay for a transfer because I picked the "wrong" server to reroll on.

Are you actually gonna talk about anything other than social / pve stuff in Q/A? Last Q/A had nothing to do with PvP content Questions which is undoubtedly in need of repair. Or you shunning the PvPers like the red headed step child? Edited by Overlord-

Regarding server transfers how will legacy work? For example, if I've already began to roll a character on a server I plan to transfer to and have started a new legacy there, will the higher legacy-leveled character's legacy take over when it transfers there, or will it get put under the new legacy?

And if I chose the same legacy name as I had on my previous server, will I have to rename the transferred character's legacy when transfers go live?

I am doubly amazed...first, that you have not fixed the maddening companion earpiece/implant Endurance bug, and secondly, that no one mentioned it in last week's thread or this thread. Having to take these 3 pieces of equipment off my companion and put them back on every single time I get off my speeder has pretty much killed my enjoyment of this otherwise lovely game.

Please let us know when you are going to fix this, and also, why it has not been fixed up to now. As a retired software developer, this impresses me as the kind of monumental "oops" regression that you pull programmers out of bed and back from vacation for and issue a hot-fix as soon as humanly possible. I am flabbergasted that it is still an active bug.

I know there is some negative in this post, but I challenge you to include it in the next Q&A Blog and answer it !!!

is there a reason that the Republic has the unfair advantage of purchasing the Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon?

http://www.torhead.com/item/2TxcubQ/battlemaster-eliminators-cannon

which has the Advanced Adept Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/vPHhgd/advanced-adept-enhancement-25

+24 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+37 Power

+51 Surge Rating

allowing the republic with the only battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it?

the mirror to this weapon for the imperials is Battlemaster Eliminator's Pistol

http://www.torhead.com/item/b3wGAFd/battlemaster-eliminators-blaster

which has the Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/eTpCpHN/advanced-proficient-enhancement-25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

Currently, Imperials have no way of purchasing a battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it.

The only way for Imperials to get enhancments with power and surge on it, is by getting them from War Hero gear, which takes significantly longer to aquire. When Rated Warzones come out, this will give Republics a significant power advantage earlier in the season.

Can you explain the reasons/thoughts behind going with server transfer instead of server merge first? I'm on a low population server, and i'd love to be on a higher pop server but i'm in a guild that i really like, so transferring isn't an option for me. This seems to be the case for almost anyone i've talked to.

If my leveling as an Imperial Agent (Operative) is any indication, tanking companion character seem to get weaker as you level, to the point where they die relatively easily during harder fights by around level 30-35. Is this intended? Are we being "weened off" of tanking companions through the leveling process?

I have a shadow, and I would be much more inclined to use electrostaves if they were actually able to use all of my my class abilities with one equipped (currently some are usable, some are not), and if it had an electicity particle effect around the heads of the weapon. Is there any possibility of getting these changes made? I beleive they would be very popular.

Two questions.

1 and or 2, Will you make the new armor for pvp able to be purchased using wz coms for players unable to buy Battle Master yet do to level? Or will you lift the band for player to buy BM gear at lower then level 50 but still cant use it till level 50?

wow nice remove the bigger question and leave this small question. Guess you really dont want to answer the harder ones.

Edited by Dustychild