Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

The Star Wars universe consists of billions of worlds. Threads have been posted by players wanting to see more worlds to explore. Can we expect to see any added in the future like Yavin IV, Dac, Talus, Naboo, Roon, Sullust, Onderon, Ziost, Taloraan, Csilla, Kashyyyk and more to freely explore rather than just as operations or flashpoints? Edited by Vitas

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe many people where under the impression that we would be able to pull set bonuses from most gear, not almost none. It seems like only the top tier set bonus can be relocated at this time. Any chance this will be expanded or lower tier? If not, what is the reason?

David: We’re sorry if the note confused anyone. You can pull set bonuses from all new items with set bonuses going forward. There are not any current plans to expand this to old items. The tech that allows us to distribute set bonuses as part of the armoring is new, and there are limitations to how much we can change items that players already possess. That means we can have the set bonus on all armorings that were created for 1.2 or later, but that old armor still has the set bonus on the shell item.

This is not true. Only War Hero sets have the bonus follow the armoring mod, even if the armor is purchased today.

Biochem Crafted Purples.

Currently these are only usable if you have the appropriate level of Biochem skill effectively making them usable for your character alone and not really worthwhile for trading.

Are there any plans to allow the purple level crafted Biochem items to be used across all your legacy characters to make it a more useful skill to have?

Raific: Could you please clarify and expand on the following patch note for Game Update 1.2:

Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.

I believe many people where under the impression that we would be able to pull set bonuses from most gear, not almost none. It seems like only the top tier set bonus can be relocated at this time. Any chance this will be expanded or lower tier? If not, what is the reason?

David: We’re sorry if the note confused anyone. You can pull set bonuses from all new items with set bonuses going forward. There are not any current plans to expand this to old items. The tech that allows us to distribute set bonuses as part of the armoring is new, and there are limitations to how much we can change items that players already possess. That means we can have the set bonus on all armorings that were created for 1.2 or later, but that old armor still has the set bonus on the shell item.

Why not make a trade in interface where players can trade in their Tier 1 armor for identical Tier 1 armor using the same "Tech" that's being used for the Tier 2 set? I think it would be something worthwhile to do for many who were disappointed and expected Tier 1 set bonuses to transfer in 1.2.

Where are we at with the reintroduction of open world pvp reward in swtor. I think James got a lot of good feedback from his previous request for input from the community, but I have only seen the removal of incentives that encourage non-instanced pvp in swtor. Is there disagreement about the worth of open world pvp at the Production lvl in the studio?

I suddenly had a notion regarding Biochem and how it is separate from other crew skills. Someone pointed out that pvp stims are the best for pvp. This is obvious, but as I was thinking it over, that is the only item available from a vendor regarding Biochem in any way, even in the slight manner it does.

Now here's the question: Since it's been stated that Biochem reusables are going to be "phased out," would it be out of line to begin that sooner by making their prototypes like the other crafted items- available on commendation vendors?

Since they're consumable and don't last (the prototype stims), they're quite trivial, right? About the worth of half a level 50 mod or enhancement? So if they were placed on the Corellian vendor for one commendation per stim it would certainly ease the pressure of Biochemists to provide for their guilds. It would also reduce the feeling among other crew skill practitioners that Biochem is unique by placing its good items on vendors for once.

Ok just want to know if we will be getting a guild ship like the ziost shadow or maybe the smaller ones? Cause that would be awesome to have a ship just for your guildies. You know like that "other" game and guild halls. Edited by darthcraw

What is the reasoning behind capping commendations to 2000 and why did you de- value mercenary commendations? I spent 3000 warzone commendations for 1000 mercenary commendations, now I am supposed to exchange them back and only get 1000 warzone commendations out of it? With this system I lost 2000 wz commendations, seriously oder did I overlook something? :eek:

I thought last weeks explanation of critical crafting success chance was great, although I have a follow up question that wasn't covered in that question or the pre-1.2 itemization post.

All campaign items can be RE'd to learn a schematic, including the Campaign Relics.The pre-1.2 itemization post covered the fact that Armor, earrings, and implants can crit succeed in adding an Augment Slot to those pieces. I have succeeded in RE'n one of the Campaign Relics, but so far have yet to get a critical success from crafting it. My question, is if upon a critical success will an Augment slot be produced on the relic like the Artifice only Rakata relics, or if it will produce two of the item like modifications, or if no critical success is present on the Campaign relics??

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing an answer back on this.

In Knights of the Old Republic, attacks could be queued up three or four in advance, while the combat in this game is more or less real time. Are there any plans floating around to have two play-modes, one real-time as it is now, and one more akin to KOTOR? As a player with a satellite connection, lag time between me clicking a button and the ability actually happening can be anywhere from two seconds to ten seconds of lag between, the ability to queue attacks like in the original KOTOR would be immensely helpful, not to mention the nostalgia it would bring!

You told about Character Transfer Service ,which , in my opinion, is the best info here(I personally think that guided server merge would be better but it isn't topic of discussion). But will the destined server to transfer for free be the same for all the guild or all players on the server ?

When we get adaptable social armor, will current social armor be changed, or will we be forced to rebuy social armor that is currently sitting in our bank unused on medium-heavy characters? If not, then could you at least maybe a special 'trade in" vendor could be available for awhile that sells all the new social armor with the old version as the currency?

guess ill ask what no one ask enough!

Why do we have such a poor customer support service in forums, on the phone and through e-mail! I mean we pay to play this game and we expect you guys at BioWare to do better! Please tell me this bad experience will not be repeated in the future, ever.

Will you improve the crafting selection for less "loved" crafts like armstech? Currently requires 3 rare mats (biometric alloy) to make a selection of mediocre orange guns, relatively pointless now compared with the easy to make grade 2 orange gun with augment slot. Compared with the recipes a Biochemist / Cybertech / Artificer can make with lvl 7 and 8 mats, it is a really poor craft to follow. Or the Rakata level gear that other crafts can make. Good schematics for the other crafts often drop on OP's, so far I have yet to see a single one for armstech.

Hey,

My question relates to buffs and debuffs.

The introduction of the customisable UI in 1.2 has been wonderful to improve individual gamplay although I feel one big component is missing. Are there any plans to add customize options to buffs and debuffs? Keeping track of buffs, debuffs and procs can be difficult if UI frames have been scaled down, but also if you are grouped with more than one of any class your DoTs and debuffs are near impossible to distinquish without keeping a mental clock of the application time. My suggestion would be an super emphise option and countdown timer on personal buffs, debuffs and procs. Thanks in advance :)