why is my launcher allready downloading patch?

jersyiii

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if we downloaded the patch, Bioware's way of fixing it was to make us re-download 11gb of stuff!!?? Do we re-download or wait/hope for tomorrow.......anyone know if I should just redownload this crap?

If you want to play tonight then i'd just redownload unless you have the boxed copy of the game, then i'd just uninstall and then reinstall using the discs and patch it.

Well that's it for me and this game. Unfortunately, I cannot justify paying Bioware anymore money for such complete and utter incompetence.

Piece of advice, which works well in real life too: Don't make financial decisions when you are angry.

If you want to play tonight then i'd just redownload unless you have the boxed copy of the game, then i'd just uninstall and then reinstall using the discs and patch it.

Uninstalling the game now >.< Definitely not happy about this!!!!

Or you could be patient and wait for official word on what to do if you managed to download and install the patch.

As I said..that was basically option one..but yes if you installed already, thats a very viable option to unless you want to get on ASAP like most today..

Edited by Rakunvar

Everyone, we advise that you do not log into the launcher until we can provide more information. Thank you for hanging on while we get more info for you.

Too late for that, as I thought it was a minor pre 1.2 patch (seeing as it was less than 1 GB before the massive 11 GB downloand) - it may be a good idea to make a sticky post on the forum so people can see what is going on. Or post it on the launcher.

To be honest, I bet the vast majority of players--who don't visit the forums to discover this post--would be downloading and not able to play the game.

Meanwhile, I hope something is being done to remedy the problem so people who did downloaded the patch due to BioWare's fault can play today.

Has anybody who had to download the 12 gigs actually DONE that yet and had success? I'd kind of like to know before I download all this craziness

I'm doing that now Inzi, but it's going to take a while. No download cap for me, so I might as well keep it going until I hear more. Definitely disappointed, since I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to do before the patch.

Thank you for the people who responded positively to the people who were negative to me. Also, seriously, people want me to shut up? I've paid my money and got every right to post here as long as I don't violate the terms of agreement, which many of you are coming close to violating by insulting me.

The reason I didn't stop the download when it originally started patching was because whenever I patch anything else, like an update from Microsoft, if I ever cancelled it midway I was probably ****ed. Sometimes even having to reinstall whole programs or operating systems.

So in order to avoid having to reinstall all of SWTOR, I let the patch do its thing and fully download and fully install.

Also I DO have a bandwidth cap and don't want to have to go over it by doing a full SWTOR reinstall.

So now I am waiting on word as to what to do, and thus posting on these boards. Yes, I may have ranted originally about a free day, but that was in frustration and I apologize if I offended.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone, sorry for the brief confusion. Here’s what happened and how it affects you.

Some patch-related changes were mistakenly deployed early. Luckily, these changes only affected players for a very brief (less than 15-minute) window. We corrected this unintentional change very quickly.

Here’s how it affects you:

If you started or completed the patch download, you have two options:

• If you want to continue playing today, you will need to restart your client and re-download the client
  • If you want to wait until tomorrow and play when 1.2 is deployed to the servers, you can close your client and restart it tomorrow after the patch is deployed (approximately 8AM CDT).

We apologize for the confusion, but only a very small number of players were affected by this unintentional change. Thank you for your understanding.

A sloppy MMO patch release? Man...that's gotta be a first.

I'm not counting on being able to play the game smoothly for a few days at least. Just the nature of the patch cycle.

Having it release 12 hours early is pretty funny though. I'm guessing it was a scheduled distribution and somebody put 12pm intead of am, which is hilarious, but oh well. Play something else today if you have to. It happens.