why is my launcher allready downloading patch?

jersyiii

What's REALLY funny is that more people than ever will be logging in to do all their stuff they need to do before 1.2 because BW only gave them 24hours notice and now BW has locked all those people out of the game...........

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey man, thats me!!!! And I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously i never complained before about anything bioware did .... but now this .... come on mannnnnnn

Yes, not good, but they reacted quickly, and I think the number of players who ended up downloading the entire patch is very small. They will be vocal (and maybe rightly so) but let's not blow things out of proportion. The real damage is in PR-value.

Edited by Kthx

What's REALLY funny is that more people than ever will be logging in to do all their stuff they need to do before 1.2 because BW only gave them 24hours notice and now BW has locked all those people out of the game...........

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just the small amount of people who tried logging in when all of the people in this thread did. I got on around 12 noon and had no issues. I've seen other people come online within the last 5 minutes as well.

That was the first post I've ever made that I would call non-constructive, and I would say I'm in an exceptionally bad mood at the moment, due to factors unrelated to this.

Sorry I ruined your forums experience oh wise one.

I will endeavor to only make posts that please you from now on.

Sounds good to me ; )

I'm going to go do something constructive with my life and not worry about the problems BW is having, then i'll return when it's fixed.

*gasp* how easy was that?! I'll just walk the dog when i get home from work, do some yardwork, clean my truck, sharpen my knives lol. Anything but throw a fit like a child.

How on earth can you patch a game early accidentally?

pretty easily actually. they've probably had the final version ready for a few days. one tech wakes up, thinks its thursday but its not and launches the patch then realizes his mistakes.

we've all had days where we think its the wrong day. happens to everyone. but a mistake is a mistake.

What sucks is, I, like many others are stuck downloading the 12GB previous updates now to fix the issue. I don't mind waiting for it to download its just that some of us have short bandwith usage limits and can get charged if we go over. and 12GB's is quite a big amount.

any advise / instructions on how to play maybe ? there is not any known way to launch swtor.exe without launcher.exe ...

Unless you downloaded the patch, you can play now. I started downloading, quit the launcher, restarted, and now I'm back in the game just fine.

I canceled my install around 20% (went into task manager and ended the process). I am still able to log in.

Hope this helps.

Yep, I actually forced the app to close while it was installing the assets. Waited a minute or two and then opened the launcher again. No more patch and I'm back in game.

i patched the 1.2 but like other i then tried to log in but its not saying 12g so i will just play an other game or watch some TV or go for a walk and then i HOPE tomorrow i dont have to down load 12gb plus the 1 i just got today again :p. have a nie day all.

Hey everyone - we are looking into this right now and will get you more information as soon as it's available.

It didn't get a choice.. now I'm hung a the loading screen. Hope i dont have to redownolad the client since im at cap right now.

So if we downloaded the patch, Bioware's way of fixing it was to make us re-download 11gb of stuff!!?? Do we re-download or wait/hope for tomorrow.......anyone know if I should just redownload this crap?

well u will need to wait until the first one has reinstalled evrything

i'm at 4gb left atm :/

Sounds good to me ; )

I'm going to go do something constructive with my life and not worry about the problems BW is having, then i'll return when it's fixed.

*gasp* how easy was that?! I'll just walk the dog when i get home from work, do some yardwork, clean my truck, sharpen my knives lol. Anything but throw a fit like a child.

I do all of those things other days. Wednesday is the one day during the week that I have more than a 30 minute block of time to get gaming in.

Of course this is just bad luck/timing, but I plan around this. All my "important real life" tasks are squared away because this is the time that I reserve for doing this. Now I'm bored and posting on the forums. By the time my launcher finishes re installing the original game, I will have to go to work, and will be unable to play again until next Wednesday.

That is why I am annoyed personally. If I had other things to do right now, I would stop bothering you, and do them.