Coolest Voice In The Game.

Captain_Zone

Nicholas Burton (manHawke from DA2) does a really good job whenever he show up. IIRC, he is the guy who voices Watcher X as well as

being the Child of the Emperor who tries to convince Kira to go back to Korriban

However, I have to say that Jo Wyatt is the best Playable Character by a mile.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THere's a lot of good voice acting here. The Male Sith Warrior, especially get the right helmet, is perfect for a Darth Vader expy, and the Male Bounty Hunter is great too for the role (although it can be kind of silly when he's being a softy, but then, that's what's appealing about it). Also, for some reason, I find the way Elara pronounces Lieutenant unbelievably sexy. No idea why.

The Mon Calamari on the Esseles.

Holy ****. That is all.

NPC-wise, this guy certainly wins for the Republic. That Chiss captain was also very good, as some people already mentioned.

Of the character VOs, I'd choose the Male Bounty Hunter. I always expected him to say "I'm batman!"

Edited by Morlaak

I like all the ones that are voiced by simon templemen, (legacy of kain fame). to be fair he voices a good 20-30% of empire males voices. hes a epic voice actor. He also did voices in the original knights of the old republic and had parts in most bioware games (logain in dragon age).

I like all the ones that are voiced by simon templemen, (legacy of kain fame). to be fair he voices a good 20-30% of empire males voices. hes a epic voice actor. He also did voices in the original knights of the old republic and had parts in most bioware games (logain in dragon age).

He's been one of my favorites since the original Blood Omen, and made Tyr Loghain a deeper character than he first appears. He also did the voice of the Teir'Dal Guard Commander in EQ II. The one that gives you a few missions shortly after you arrive in Freeport.

He's been one of my favorites since the original Blood Omen, and made Tyr Loghain a deeper character than he first appears. He also did the voice of the Teir'Dal Guard Commander in EQ II. The one that gives you a few missions shortly after you arrive in Freeport.

Yeah he is best at kain, i find it fun picking his voice out amongst the empire npc's. So far ive got him as

Grand Moff Rycus Kilran,

Threnoldt [sith General],

Darth Skotia

and around 42 random empire quest givers.

keep in mind i only have 1 character and hes only level 37.

--------------------------------------------------

Legacy of kain had the best plot and best lines of any game ive ever played... bioware make a legacy of kain game or at least hire the writer's.

Edited by Damidos

Yeah he is best at kain, i find it fun picking his voice out amongst the empire npc's. So far ive got him as

Grand Moff Rycus Kilran,

Threnoldt [sith General],

Darth Skotia

and around 42 random empire quest givers.

keep in mind i only have 1 character and hes only level 37.

--------------------------------------------------

Legacy of kain had the best plot and best lines of any game ive ever played... bioware make a legacy of kain game or at least hire the writer's.

Actually, he's only been officially confirmed as General Threnoldt. I dunno. Kilran just doesn't sound like him to me, and Skotia is definitely not him. They sound a bit similar, but how many English VAs out there want to BE Simon Templeman? lol

Best line he ever had was a paraphrase of Machiavelli in Soul Reaver: "One must keep his friends close, Raziel. And his enemies, even closer."

Darth Jadus from the first chapter of the Imperial Agent has an amazing voice actor. So calm and collected. Yet, terrifying.

Sadly, no one from the Republic comes to mind for a nomination for "coolest voice" =\ And it's my main side.

Actually the one I love the most is an NPC. It is the Jedi master you talk to as a Consular when you get to fleet for the first time master Oster-Gal if I remember correctly. He is voiced by none other then Peter Cullen who is the voice of Optimus Prime from the transformers.

I quite liked the male IA voice. It was very snarky and subtle, and that is just how I role. Otherwise it may be the male JC, he just sounded every bit like a wise jedi master. In terms of NPC's, Grand Moff Kilran (for the same reason as the IA), Darth Jadus (because he is ******) and General Var Suthra, or any mon calamari for that matter :p

Actually the one I love the most is an NPC. It is the Jedi master you talk to as a Consular when you get to fleet for the first time master Oster-Gal if I remember correctly. He is voiced by none other then Peter Cullen who is the voice of Optimus Prime from the transformers.

Wow, if Peter Cullen was in the game, they sure gave him a completely uncredited role.... His name is nowhere in the credits. If he had played anyone, I would have put him as M1-4X. Not saying it isn't possible, since his work in Fallout 3 (Liberty Prime) was uncredited, but it's a bit unlikely, imo.

Also, I thought I recognized Eliza Dushku's voice as Ria Deleru on Coruscant, but her name isn't in the credits either. Now, either Eliza and Peter got slipped in under the radar, or the VAs for those characters just sound a lot like them.

Wow, if Peter Cullen was in the game, they sure gave him a completely uncredited role.... His name is nowhere in the credits. If he had played anyone, I would have put him as M1-4X. Not saying it isn't possible, since his work in Fallout 3 (Liberty Prime) was uncredited, but it's a bit unlikely, imo.

Also, I thought I recognized Eliza Dushku's voice as Ria Deleru on Coruscant, but her name isn't in the credits either. Now, either Eliza and Peter got slipped in under the radar, or the VAs for those characters just sound a lot like them.

Trust me the voice is that distinguishable. And it really is such a small bit part I'm not surprised that it's uncredited. I'm 32 so I was right in that window of watching the Transformers cartoon growing up and now watching the movies, I can assure you that it is in fact him.

My favorites in no particular order are:

Malavai Quinn (I drool everytime I hear his voice)

Vector Hyllis (it's sweet)

Aric Jorgan

Female Imperial Agent

Female Sith Inquisitor

Female Smuggler

Male Smuggler

Female Bounty Hunter

Corso Riggs (don't usually like country accents, but his is sweet)

Andronikos Revel (I 'icked' at first until I got used to his deep voice)

Gault Rennow (man, I laugh EVERY time I hear him say ANYTHING)

Torian Cadera (I'd only seen a few Bleach episodes, but the voice matches the companion perfectly)

Male Sith Warrior

I've actually heard the quite a few of the voice actors doing other voices. I've heard Kath Soucie on Hutta, Corso Riggs in a side quest on Alderaan, I hear Travis Willingham (Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist) EVERYWHERE on the republic side. Course it helps I'm a huge fan of FMA.

There really aren't any VOICES I don't like. But there ARE characters I hate.

Mako annoys me. Kaliyo is an ***. I HATE Thana. Not the VOs but the CHARACTERS.

My favorites in no particular order are:

Malavai Quinn (I drool everytime I hear his voice)

Vector Hyllis (it's sweet)

Aric Jorgan

Female Imperial Agent

Female Sith Inquisitor

Female Smuggler

Male Smuggler

Female Bounty Hunter

Corso Riggs (don't usually like country accents, but his is sweet)

Andronikos Revel (I 'icked' at first until I got used to his deep voice)

Gault Rennow (man, I laugh EVERY time I hear him say ANYTHING)

Torian Cadera (I'd only seen a few Bleach episodes, but the voice matches the companion perfectly)

Male Sith Warrior

I've actually heard the quite a few of the voice actors doing other voices. I've heard Kath Soucie on Hutta, Corso Riggs in a side quest on Alderaan, I hear Travis Willingham (Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist) EVERYWHERE on the republic side. Course it helps I'm a huge fan of FMA.

There really aren't any VOICES I don't like. But there ARE characters I hate.

Mako annoys me. Kaliyo is an ***. I HATE Thana. Not the VOs but the CHARACTERS.

You didn't recognize Solid Snake from the MGS games? Either try a Male Jedi Knight or group up with one. David Hayter is one of the most famous (in and out of voice acting) names in the game. He has written great movies, and actually acts in live action stuff occasionally. ;)

While plenty has obviously been said about the male Inquisitor voice, what sealed the deal for me was the "Spreading the Word" sidequest on Nar Shaddaa (in Network Security District near the end of the bonus series) if you pick the "Galaxy, I am your master!" line. The pure insidious awesomeness dripping from every word in the ensuing speech gave me chills unlike anything I've ever seen or heard before.

Sadly, there are currently no videos of this to be found on YouTube, and I would bestow countless cookies and Internets upon anyone who makes one.