"Clickers"

WNxAres

I don't see the big deal with clickers. I'm a clicker and I always get great stats... it could be that I'm extremely fast with the clicks and I know my rotations and I beat the global cooldown tenfold. Is the term "clicker" aimed towards people who are more slow or everyone who clicks in general?

I can understand if its towards the slower clicking people because I know a few people like that and it annoys me to watch them play :p

Please go to this poll and vote if you;re a clicker or a keybinder! I want some stats!

http://poll.pollcode.com/mzh6

---------------------------------

If you're a keybinder go to this poll:

http://poll.pollcode.com/947b

----------------------------------

If you're a clicker go to this poll:

http://poll.pollcode.com/72im

Edited by WNxAres

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the big deal with clickers. I'm a clicker and I always get great stats... it could be that I'm extremely fast with the clicks and I know my rotations and I beat the global cooldown tenfold. Is the term "clicker" aimed towards people who are more slow or everyone who clicks in general?

I can understand if its towards the slower clicking people because I know a few people like that and it annoys me to watch them play :p

No matter how anybody tries to shape and spin the arguments in favor of clicking a player will never be as efficient using this method as they will be with keybinding.

The mouse is for moving.

The keyboard is for your abilities.

If you aren't playing this way you are punishing your own efficiency.

It's a personal choice but make no mistake about it, if you choose to use the keyboard to move/turn and the mouse to click your abilities on the action bar you will be at a distinct disadvantage when playing against a person who uses the mouse to move and binds their abilities to their keyboard.

No matter how anybody tries to shape and spin the arguments in favor of clicking a player will never be as efficient using this method as they will be with keybinding.

The mouse is for moving.

It's a personal choice but make no mistake about it, if you choose to use the keyboard to move/turn and the mouse to click your abilities on the action bar you will be at a distinct disadvantage when playing against a person who uses the mouse to move and binds their abilities to their keyboard.

if thats how they choose to play who cares?

and to say it is less efficent you should see my wife.. shes a clicker..and one of the best healers i have ever seen. and in pvp shes always hovering around the mid range of players in a game and she doesnt even like pvp i drag her along to heal me...

so some clickers can get pretty damned efficent with clicking

Clicker is fine.

Theres also really fast clickers, and in this game there is no way you can bind all skills. Theres just too many.

The only advatage you have at binding is that you can use skills and move at the same time. That can be useful in encounters and PvP, but if you're a skilled enough clicker you can do good enough to not make it a huge difference.

In the end: play the game whoever you want. If you want to maximise your performance then you're gonna have to bind a few skills though (main combat ones).

The mouse is for moving.

Well said.

In addition, clicking means you have to turn with your keys and this is completely gimping your ability to perform any "quick" changes of direction. Now, if all you are doing is solo content in PvE, then by all means, do what you will.

But if you want to be competitive in PvP or do any group content like Ops or FP's, then I would suggest you learn a better, more efficient method. Or get yourself a G13 and G700 with all kinds of combos and a joystick for movement (and still learn not to click).

If his stats are better than that of keybinders, and as it a point that makes him happy, why does it matter if his stats could be even better?

Everyone who clicks because you have 0% chance to turn your character/strafe whilst clicking abilities. Players seasoned with mmos are always goibg to nove away from such behaviour as soon as they are confortable enough to try.

are you saying its impossible to strafe and turn with the keyboard?

what a bunch of BS.

play how you want, it isnt a gamebreaker.

I've been playing at lvl 50 endgame for a long time with the default key settings.

no problems. no gimps that keep me from completing 'anything' with any problems. Can hold my own, weird huh? I know right?

nada. Very successful in using defaults in my experience.

play how you want,

this argument is just another stupid thing giving players something to whine about.

Just another thing to try and discredit other players about...... just like public combat logs.

default settings dont gimp you, but other players do it seems.

as a left hander i have to use both methods.. key binds are all arranged on numeric pad around arrow keys. I chose draw weapon and jump to / and # keys for comfort. Sadly this means im limited to fill a full tree, so instead of going to right i use mouse to make up for my disability lol.

EDIT

play how you want,

this argument is just another stupid thing giving players something to whine about.

Just another thing to try and discredit other players about...... just like public combat logs.

Agree, the problem with some elitist MMO gamers is they create a niche and elite culture by doing these combat logs. the average gamer who comes to enjoy the experience feels intimedated to group when these come into play. They drop off , search to find gamers like them, them quit.. YOU CREATE a split market, NOT every gamer enjoys this kind of play. Open a window, get outside, date guys or gals....

Edited by SNEAKYSIX

simply put, would you rather type using your keyboard or click your mouse on an onscreen keyboard... essentially the same thing. Though I could care less if people click or bind as long as whatever I'm trying to kill dies. Edited by Nutu

Clicking is an inferior control method, that's all there is to it. You can get by with it, I did for years, but the truth is that normal keybinding and using the mouse solely to move is simply more effective. There is less wasted movement.

Using the keyboard for your abilities is generally "easier", assuming that your spatial motor control skills are good enough - effectively, if you can function as a touch-typist, then you will, with a little practice, be more efficient in the game than you would be if you are a clicker.

The difficulty is that, as a clicker, you do not have to take your eyes off the screen. If you are not quite a touch-typist, then you will usually have to take your eyes off the screen for a split second to see what you are hitting, which negates the benefit of using the keyboard.

Gaming mice like the Naga Razor make clicking much, much easier, but that is at the expense of having a large number of buttons on your mouse instead of your keyboard...

Using the keyboard for your abilities is generally "easier", assuming that your spatial motor control skills are good enough - effectively, if you can function as a touch-typist, then you will, with a little practice, be more efficient in the game than you would be if you are a clicker.

This pretty much encapsulates why people dislike "clickers". Additionally nobody is rounding up people who click their skills and sending them off to camps, get over it.

Stereotyping is useful. It's unfair, but useful.

this topic always makes me laugh.

this is like an internet meme.

the majority of people have no idea what it means, they just saw people say "clickers are bad" and jumped on the bandwagon without any real clue why.

the reality is if these people were so concerned with efficiency they would go out and spend hundreds on gaming keyboards and controllers that can make automated macros outside of the game so they could essentially cheat and so on...

...but its not as cool as posting "clickers are bad" on the forums.

inb4 someone says im a clicker when in reality i use a combination of both styles of play depending on what works best for me at the time...

The problem isnt really the DPS/Healing, its the dps/healing WHILE moving thats the problem for clickers. This has become a real issue in fights where you have to move alot, this is why clickers are looked down upon when it comes to gaming.

the reality is if these people were so concerned with efficiency they would go out and spend hundreds on gaming keyboards and controllers that can make automated macros outside of the game so they could essentially cheat and so on...

...but its not as cool as posting "clickers are bad" on the forums.

the reality (which is a wonderful opening that infuses your comment with undeserved gravity) is that people like to argue about pointless and silly things.

the reality (which is a wonderful opening that infuses your comment with undeserved gravity) is that people like to argue about pointless and silly things.

what you say 20+ years of sales experience has taught me how to phrase things?

who would have guessed.

I switched from clicking to keyboard about a year ago but I still have trouble strafing and backing up during combat as there is no mouse control for either. How do you elitist keyboard users strafe/back up while using abilities?

In this game unless you are trying to be some bad *** in PvP its not really gonna matter. With the GCD as long as it is, ability wise it doesn't really seem to matter which you do.

TBH I'm more of hybrid, keybind important things I use all the time, turn with my mouse, things I don't use very much I just click.